possible blood test for Alzheimers...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by msilverstein47, Mar 13, 2014.

1. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What's the point to start getting people and their loved ones worrying about this possibity years a head of time?

I am 74 years old I can remember stuff that happenedeal most 7 decades ago to me like it was Yestarday that happened 69 years ago when I was 5 yrs old. But sometimes I have trouble remembering what happened Yestarday :).

There is no cure for Alzheimer's so why worry before you have to. Worrying about things is what really ages people.

In my head I am still a 20 year old that is what I want to remember no so much how I am now. I hate being around people who are old and act there age. I don't want to hear how bad they are feeling physically or how many pills they take a day.

When we go out I don't want to see them divide the check 7 ways and your tipping to much. I go out I pick up the f ing check. When I tip I know the next time I walk into the place the waiters remember me and I know no one is going to spit in my food to get even :)

edwardgr repped this.
  2. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @nicklaino I applaud your attitude. As I expected prior to reading the article, and was confirmed by reading it the goal is not to get people worrying about it but rather to use the bio-marker information as a means of developing drug regimens to either slow or stop the onset before it begins. From there the next step would be to identify what causes the accumulation of lipids identified to begin with and help people (Americans/1st worlders) learn to eat in such a way that does not contribute to the accumulation of these lipids over a lifetime.

3. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    One of my sons takes us out to a restraunt here in Brooklyn. I thought him and his girl friend were going to tell us that she is going to give us another grand child.

The place supposed to be a big deal. Then I read the reviews people said the food was nothing special. Well they were right about that. Then they made fun of people walking in with expensive jewelry and 2000 dollar suits. That is the way I like to go out as well even wear shirts with cuff links.

So I decided just wear a leather jacket no suit. But have to wear a nice watch or I won't go.

Then they said the place was crowed and loud, and the tables are pushed too close to each other. Then the waiters are slow.

We go on a Sunday night 8 pm not crowed at all. Mostly older people, not the wise guy types they talked about. It was just normal conversation that goes on by most people.

Waiter was very good. We did not have to wait long for the food.

But what was funny was evidently my son did not leave enough tip to suit the waiter. He comes back whispers something in my sons ear. My son must have added money to the tip.

That could not happen to me because I tip a lot. But if I made a mistake and under tip the guy. Then the waiter wants,more money. I would say sure and knock his ass out. My son did not do that he has got a lot to learn.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At my age now almost 75 I eat right. I don't smoke I don't drink alcohol either. I still like to play cards. But I never stopped making it with my wife of 50 years :). My brother is 80 and has a 20 year old son. He has been married three times and still gets women. He gets young girls in their 50s :).

Last August I go to East Harlem to lift the Giglio. I can still do it. My family told me not to go because man it was hot out. Around 97 degrees but it felt hotter.

Well they were right the heat did get me. I could not lift I was getting dizzy. I see some guy watching it from a window. He looked familiar so I went up. Turns out he is the younger cousin of an old friend of mine. My friends name was Anthony "Blue Eyes" Santorelli some of you street guys may have heard of him. We used to call him Butchie. Most of the guys who called him that when we were kids are dead now. :)