Positive MLS Gear Shopping Experience

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by kebzach, Aug 25, 2006.

1. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    This past Sunday night, August 20th, I ordered this hat:

[​IMG]

And I ordered 2 of these license plate frames:

[​IMG]

My total was just above the $ 25.00 threshold that existed at the time for free shipping (that promotion ended last Sunday night at midnight).

I received an e-mail confirming my order on Tuesday

I received an e-mail on Wednesday morning stating that my items had been shipped.

I received my gear today, Friday.

This was my third order from MLSgear.com, and this was the third time that my order was received, filled, and shipped promptly and correctly. I've read the "horror" stories in this forum from people who haven't had the same experiences, and to be honest, I'm not exactly sure how that can be the case. I'm beginning to think that there's a certain level of operator error going on concerning some of those stories, and it might not be on the part of MLSgear.com.

2. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I also had positivie experience with MLSGear.com. I bought a couple of knickknacks and a shirt....and it came on time and no problem.

3. slimjim21591

slimjim21591 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    i hav very good experience with MLSGEAR too ... anything i order comes in less than four days

4. slimjim21591

slimjim21591 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    i have very good experience with MLSGEAR too ... anything i order comes in less than four days

( been losing rep. points for spelling wrong )

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I guess Hell froze over.

6. Twellman20

Twellman20 New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    NJ
    Thanks guys for the feed back...I have also read the horror stories and have held back from ordering from the MLS store. I have wanted to buy from the MLS store to support the league but was hesitant based on the feed back here on the boards. I will definitely give the MLS store a try....

7. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    I have had them tell me they couldn't ship to Hawaii, that they couldn't accept my credit card, that my order got lost getting a customizatoin I didn't ask for, but I recently put in a new order.

So far not strange emails from them, the charges appear against my bank as usual. Heres to hoping I doin't have to ask for a refund again.

So we will see. We'll see if fourth times a charm. After all, you'de think I have learned my lesson by now.

All the same, unless you can't it anywhere but MLSgear, I would still recomend any number of other sites.

8. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For items new items (pre-order) they never deliver on time. I ordered a LA Galaxy away jersey before the season and it took way too long to arrive. Also bought a MLS All-Star shirt and it arrived after the game (how is that for promptness?)

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Ordering something on a "pre-order" basis is almost a guarantee that it won't arrive on time.

I just pre-ordered the new Nike Illinois Throwback jersey from Eastbay:

[​IMG]

And even thought it says that they will be released October 1st, I'm sure I won't get mine until November 1st.

10. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered a jersey for a friend last year and I got it in less than a week. But I have also heard people wait MONTHS to receive their items.

11. Amores Perros

Amores Perros Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have had two very bad experiences with MLS Gear...

1) Last year I ordered a DC United scarf and hooded sweatshirt 3 weeks before our first playoff game with Chicago. I received both items 5 weeks after the MLS cup!

When I called 2 days before the game against Chicago and asked if I could cancel the order, since it was delayed (they never bothered to contact me) they just said no. That's it. No apology for the delay or we will do our best to get it to you soon or let me check on the status of the order they just said no. Its one thing to f*&# up the order it’s another to have crap customer service.

2) Even earlier last year I ordered a Moreno jersey online. My credit card was charged, I had the charge in my bank statement but when I called two weeks later to check on the status of my order and they had no record of it. After multiple faxes and backup copies of my credit card statements they finally refunded my money, not once did I receive an apology. Again, zero customer service!

I ended up buying a jersey at the game and since the scarf thing last year I have told all of my friends and fellow season ticket holders to only buy at the stadium.

I hope that the positive experiences that people are now having are an indication that they are finally getting their act together...but I'm still not taking any risks.