Portuguese World Cup Scorers - Pauleta # 1

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Portugallia, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portugallia

Portugallia BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 9, 2005
    Stick to the topic marco. This is a thread about World Cup performances of Portuguese palyers.

What part of "World Cup" do you not understand?

2. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

There is no such thing as an American....This is a melting pot,not even the native Americans were from this land ...Their antcestors were from Russia,they crossed the bering straight into this continent.....

Where the Fcvk are u from anyway.....You know what i call you,a VOYEUR .....

You want information ,but you give us no information about you.....

3. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    But don't just stop there. Continue why won't you...compare Pauleta to Figo or Rui Costa or Gomes. Go on I dare you...show me the stats.

Pauleta has taken us to two world cup finals, Eusebio only 1.

Actually, during Eusebio's time he has failed to get us into the 1970, 74 and 78 world cups.

Since Pauleta's time Portugal hasn't failed to reach the finals. (2002 and 2006)

4. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Mourinho was right VOYEURS are sick people they have a disease.....You and Wenger are alike.....Do u know who Wenger is ,or do we have to explain u?

5. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Eusebio failed to take us to the 1978 WC ?what do u know when Eusebio retired from the NT?1973

if Anything Eusebio failed to take us to the 1974 WC....

6. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Try and stick to the topic.

Unlike many I've provided real facts about our player's world cup performances...now go ahead and compare Pauleta to Figo, Nuno Gomes or Rui Costa.

Or does the truth hurt? The fact that the highest goal scorer Portugal has ever seen isn't an ex-Benfica player.

7. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Ok then, what about the 1970 WC? You know 1970..in between 1966 and 1974.

8. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Oh im starting to like this and you know what?Maybe our other folks here just dont have the patience to put up with you ,but i will.....

Who cares if he didnt play for Bnefica,Porto or Sporting....Hes Portuguese that all that matters and i actually love the guy.....

But this whole discussion starteed in another Thread where u wanted to make everyone believe that Pauleta was better than Eusebio......Right way you got crushed with stats ....Now your stating another thread ....Portuguese Wold cup Scorers.....

The answer is Simple "WORLD CUP SCORERS"THE king Eusebio....Portuguese all time goal scorer is Pauleta,there you have it....

You seem to be a Pauleta expert.....Go ahead and name me the teams that he played for in Portugal.Boy by the time im done with you on Pauletas career your going to feel sorry..........

Which Portuguese coach trefused Pauleta saying he didnt have enought class to play for a certain Portuguese club and which club was that?

You want more....?

9. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

You tell me....U didnt even know Eusebio retired in 1973.......

Did u know that Pauleta failed us to qualify for the 1998 WC? ;)

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I will also add this question

who discover Pauleta?
    a hit
    his grandfather was a ex player and he use to play with black gloves.

11. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

I know the answer ,but i wont answer ,i want our Know it all to tell everyone....He hasnt posted in over 5 minutes,i think he ran away....

12. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Oh why Marco? why didn't you just read my post to ignore him.
    Look at all the good keystrokes you wasted with this guy, he's relentless he won't stop till you ignore him.

This is a Pauleta relative.

13. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Once again you're missing the whole point.

It's not just about who's number one in World Cup performances. It's about who's 2nd, 3rd....10th.

Pauleta's club performance isn't in question in this thread but only his World cup performances compared to all other players.

Comparisons people seem to refuse to make when it comes to Figo, Nuno Gomes, Rui Costa, Futre and many others.

Yet these same people (mostly Benfica fans) bash Pauleta without any real evidence.

If Pauleta hasn't turned up for big games then some one please show me where Figo, Rui Costa or Futre have turned up in the biggest game of all - the World Cup...because I haven't seen them turn up there either.

14. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Please tell me why Pauleta failed to qualify us for the 1998 WC?

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    we finally agree on something :D and I'm going to listen to you :cool:

16. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    In all honesty PassItOn, judging by your poor contribution to threads you can hardly blame anyone for not paying attention to you.

At least I did some research to back my opinion.

17. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

One more thing i just noticed....The title of your theread is wrong.....

Portuguese World cup scorers-Eusebio #1 ,is the right way.....

Not Pauleta.....

Benfiquistas have nothing agaisnt Pauleta ...Pauleta had something Against Benfica when he was only a Junior....Didnt know that either did you.

18. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Lets start first why Eusebio failed in 1970 and 1974.

19. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Is it me or now that the facts are clear to see Benfica fans are running left right and centre bringing up unrelated topics such as who Pauleta's uncle was.

:rolleyes:

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Eusebio had 7 operations, he missed a lot games but alway cameback strong, remember in the day was no laser they had to scrappy your knee

if you take a look at his knees he got no knee caps, he won a title in Mexico, NASL without knee caps

21. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    All I'm reading is excuses, knee operations, club performances, Euro comps, the colour of Pauleta's uncles pants and so one.

No one has had the balls to compare any other players World Cup performance to Pauleta. It's as if the list I provided only has two names on it...Eusebio and Pauleta.

What about all the others? Where does Pauleta fit in compared to them?

22. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Because we dint get past our opponents....

We didnt have any Andorras in our group ...We had Greece,Switzerland and Romania i believe .This was for the 1970 WC.

For the 1974 WC ,Eusebio was alredy in the end of his peak ,he only played 3 games in that campaign ...vs Northern Ireland who was a stri=ong team back than ,and twice vs Bulgaria .....His last game for the national team was vs Bulgaria in 1973.....

Now u answer me,why did Pauleta fail to qualify us for the WC 1998?

23. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    I've played with Eusebio, so we go back a long time. I doubt you can say you played with Pauleta, because then you'd have to know something about the game.
    BTW I'm a Sporting fan, now that I don't play anymore.

24. Portugallia

Dec 9, 2005
    Because we dint get past our opponents....

We didnt have any Andorras in our group ...We had Germany and Ukraine i believe.

You know Figo and Rui Costa were also there.

How does that sound?

25. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Go check your group again...Cause u just messed up....

And use your head,why did we fail to qualify for WC 98,what was the bizarre reason,that made us go out.......