Portuguese Super Youth Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by leafster, Nov 9, 2004.

1. morphy

morphy New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Porto
    Daniel Carriço: Captain of the u17

With all the talk about Candeias and Paim, the others go into the shadow.

Carriço is a very strong central defender, and his mental attitude must be good: He is the captain in both Sporting and the u17 team. He became national u17 champion in his first year in this age group (only 15 years old!)

I don't know much more about him, since he is a Sporting player :) Maybe Sporting fans could help me here?

I know everybody likes photos, so... he is number 4 (first on lower left) in the following photo.
    http://groups.msn.com/jovenstalentososportugueses/danielcandeias.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=5572

2. morphy

morphy New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Porto
    Paulo Machado in Gil Vicente - FC Porto

Under19 midfielder Paulo Machado has been selected by Fernandez and could make it's debut in Portuguese Superliga. Mourinho liked him, and used him in the opening game of the Dragon Stadium and in a Portuguese cup match. He was one of the best in Portugal win in the 2003 european u17 champ.

For a slightly larges profile, with a photo, go to
    http://esperancaportista.blogspot.com/2004/11/fc-porto-paulo-machado.html

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    anybody know when was the last time the Porto or Sporting won the national championship U19?

I believe the last 3 years were Boavista, Alverca and Benfica :cool:

4. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the update Morphy. I hope Machado gets a start in there at some point. At 18 it is a big thing to get a look at by the Porto manager.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    is these the Machado the got called to the team the main team for the game with Gil Vicente

6. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Paulo Machado: Um médio que promete

Paulo Machado, jovem promessa do F.C. Porto, foi convocado pela primeira vez para um jogo oficial do emblema azul e branco. O atleta, natural de Massarelos, freguesia da cidade Invicta, nasceu a 31 de Março de 1986 e ingressou nas camadas jovens do Campeão Europeu na época 1998/99. Apesar de se encontrar ainda em idade júnior, representa o F.C. Porto B desde a temporada transacta.

Esta época, o médio já participou em nove jogos da formação B portista, contabilizando um total de 719 minutos. O jogador de 18 anos participa também esporadicamente no Campeonato Nacional de Juniores, onde conta com três presenças como substituto utilizado.

Paulo Machado teve também a oportunidade de inscrever o seu nome na história do F.C. Porto, ao ter participado no jogo de inauguração do Estádio do Dragão. Nessa partida os Dragões venceram o Barcelona por 2-0.

http://www.fcporto.pt/Info/Futebol/Noticias/infofut_futpaulomachadoanalise_121104_10046.asp

7. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Paulo Machado is simply amazing, i saw him in u17 squad when portugal was european champions, and he was impressive, he was everywhere in the field, i see a gr8 future to him :)

8. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    With Macahdo, Sousa, Virienha, Barbosa, and Gama. Porto will have the best midfield in the world

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    your overestimating yourself. sure this kids are the future but only time will tell if they can live up to their expectations.

10. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    do you think hes capable of scoring 20 goals is he a striker.
    i heard about another guy with that name. dont know his first name.
    lets see what this kid can do. :)

11. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    score 20 goals?? :confused: the guy is Defensive Midfielder, if he scores 5 goals will be too much

12. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    Yeah he's a replacement for Maniche who I think is gone in January

13. Dracul

Dracul New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Perhaps it's Hugo Machado? An offensive player from Sporting's youth system (played in Sporting B last season) presently on loan at E. Amadora

14. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Seriously the way he's been playing lately who would want him? :confused:
    In my countrryyyyy we call them one hit wonders or one tournament fluke, where's Maniche been for the first 10 games, perhaps still living the hype of the euro 2004? Don't get me wrong i love the guy but he's got to show up for games a little more often doesent he?

15. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    yap, there aren't even any rumours about any team that want to sign Maniche, so i'm pretty sure that he wont leave in january :(

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  17. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
  18. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Congrats on your 1000 post Leafster just noticed :cool:

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    another big game for Gama, Joao Pedro, Porto players vs Nigeria U18,
    U18 Condesso [Southampton] not like Te Vaz getting his chance to play with the U18 national team

anybody know anything about Yago Fernandez U 17 with Real Madrid