Portuguese Players Playing Abroad - Thread No. 5 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Oct 23, 2008.

1. fabster-no1

fabster-no1 Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Almeida scored again today to make it 0-5 between Frankfurt and Werder. This is rather a classic Almeida goal. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8piRXYx7cak"]YouTube - Eintracht Frankfurt - Werder Bremen 0-5 Hugo Almeida[/ame]

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Sérgio Conceição scored the 2nd of a 2-0 win by PAOK

3. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Yeah, holy crap. That is the classic Almeida goal. Who can forget the sound and sight of: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVdGjRHiOs"]YouTube - Hugo Almeida Screamer Free kick![/ame] If they gave extra points for sheer shooting power - between Almeida and Ronaldo we would have already qualified... ;-)

-Alex

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fernando Meira is going to represent Zenit in Russia next season. He has been transfered from Galatasaray. Transfer fee undisclosed.

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Does anyone have a website that keeps track of all the transfers as they happen for A Liga Sagres? I know Abola paper record and shows all the in and out moves for every team in the league on a daily hard paper. But I havent been able to see anything online. Anyone?

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Check the resource thread ( sticky ) started by Aveirenses

7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Pedro Mendes scored one in the 3-1 Rangers win and is now the champion of Scotland

8. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    A couple of Portuguese players have taken a shot in cyprus recently...Pretty weird considering I never though cyprus had a league.

9. Covert

Covert Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec,
    Club:
    AEK Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Not only does Cyprus have a league but their top 3 clubs, APOLE, Anorthosis, and Omonia have more spending power than any team in Portugal outside of the big 3. Anorthosis spend over 10 million euros last season.

That said AEK's Edinho is most likely leaving this summer. He is linked with PSG atm.

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Do they turn a profit every year?

11. Covert

Covert Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec,
    Club:
    AEK Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Anorthosis made about 10 million in profit thanks to the CL. I couldent tell you about the other clubs but i do know they gain the vast majority of their funds are from TV and advertising. The league is televised in Greece and the middle east.

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks like Eliseu services for Malaga did not go unnoticed. He may be on his way to Italia to represent Lazio. Would be a good move for him.

Tranfer fee is 600,000 Euros(His release clause), and he will be payed 700,000 Euro a year. The contract is said to run till 2014. Personally, I think thats a steal and a half for Lazio...600,000!

http://abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=167372

[​IMG]

Azores repping it once more.

13. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thats a ridiculously small amount.....considering the year he had with malaga. I wonder if he will start with lazio?

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hugo Almeida is on the chopping blocks at Bremen

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not surprised.

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    How come they don't go after brazilian players?

17. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    According to today's "Record", Carlos Fernandes (the goalkeeper) was invited to play for the iranian national team after making a big impact in the domestic league with Foolad. He promptly rejected by affirming that his dream is to play for Portugal.

He then adds that Steaua's president, promoted a dirty tactic to keep him at the club by telling to the media that "he would pay 100.000 euros if anyone ever wanted him". European clubs interested at him were then dissuated with that press release.

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well, it doesn't look like he will get the chance to represent us, he is 29 years old.

19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Going to Steaua turned really sour for Carlos, but in any case, I thought he got a call up already to the NT.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Did he? I could be mistaken. I myself do not believe I have ever seen him represent Portugal.

21. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't see anything that says he played for the Seleccao?