Portuguese Players Playing Abroad - Thread No. 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simao20

simao20 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    SoCal
    This is so unfortunate. I guess Meira is the natural replacement but he lacks the speed.

Caniera will now be an automatic replacement/sub for the CBs which means Scolari will have to call 2 left backs, Valente and ??

2. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

caneira will stay at left back. i think either pedro emanuel or ze castro will be the third cb.

3. simao20

simao20 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    SoCal
    Is it official that Pedro will not be able to play for Angola? If he gets called for Portugal we will see the RC-PE combo again..all we need now is Mourinho

4. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes, I believe it is official. So I guess Pedro Emanuel will get his chance after all to play in the WC. Right now we need to give this man all the support we can give.

[​IMG]

5. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And qwe need to hope for the best for Andrade.

[​IMG]

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow....Wow Wow Wow....Well...wow....

Andrade is one of my favorite players.....god damn. I am in shock right now...
    This hurts us, Meira is good but not like Andrade. Andrade strikes fear into his oppenents just by looking at them.

God damn this hurts.......caralhoooooooooooooooooooo :mad:

The only word that I am holding onto from that Article is might miss....
    Please tell me he gets healthy fast.

P.S: Pedro Emanuel has already accepted an invitation to play for Angola.

7. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pedro Emanuel:
    He has but he is not allowed to play.
    http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=699383&idCanal=17

Jorge Andrade:
    We will see tomorrow but if there is a tear it will be like Ronaldo and Baia's old knee injuries. I feel so bad about this. It totally just screwed up my week. I believe he is also set to have surgery tomorrow.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    god damn.....and we all know how Ronaldo turned out. Lost a good deal of his speed.

Oh man....this is bad. I felt that we could really win the whole thing with the defensive line we were boasting. Yet with the loss of Andrade, even though Miera is a good and effective replacement. Hes nothing like Jorge Andade.

Wow....you guys have no idea. For me its like losing Ronaldo.....(knock on wood again)

9. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yup, this sucks. I need to let off a few rounds.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    foda-se......merda....DAMN

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

This is almost exactly what happened with Argentina and Hienze....oh man this is bad.

11. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nice knowing all you guys. Im done here.

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is so messed up...how did we lose Andrade.....

I am downloading the game right now. I am taking down the name of the player, the number and I am going to do a Colombia on him

Take a page from Fabolous:

"Leave your head popped off like the Kennedy assination, put more holes in your face then the mask of jason"

13. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    actually he pretty much did it to himself :(

14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sh!t
    it looks bad, but please lets try and remain optimistic
    hopefully he can recover before the world cup...
    he really compliments carvalho well in the centre defence, Andrade is a great player I saw much of the game today but missed the part where he got injured.

lets pray for Andrade hope the injury isnt so severe and that he can recover in time for the mundial.

15. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    ******** Merda Caralhpo ******** De Carasas Fudas Com O Merda Caralho Dias Porco Filha De ******** Fudas Merda Caralho ******** Fudas Barcalona Merda Caralho Idioto Filha De Mae

******** You Barcalona You ********ing Assholes ********** Peices Of Shit ********ers ********ed All Of Us At The ********ing World Cup Cock Suckers ******** You Barcalona, ******** You All Son Of A Bitches Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit ********** Kiss My ********ing Ass You ********ing Wankers/cuntflaps.

16. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    That was amazing. Im not even mad!
    -Ron Burgundy

17. Daniel_Alves

Daniel_Alves New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Porto, Portugal
    I was already expecting something like this. There's always a big upset at least before a major tournament. And btw, Meira got the best reviews of the defense in the friendly against Saudi A. Give the guy some credit.

And who talked in cirurgy to check if there's anything wrong with him?
    I read that he's going to make some exams first...cirurgy is a possibility.

18. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Christ, some of you guys need to take a breath or two every now and then.

Losing Andrade is bad, but we have cover. Not cover as good, but Meira has played well when called (Slovakia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia). We were without Carvalho during some bits of qualification, but we managed on. I see Carvalho and Andrade at about the same in terms of talent, and I don't expect any major difficulties with putting Meira in considering we've gone games without Carvalho before (who is Andrade's other half in defense), where Meira filled in just fine, and I expect he can fit in fine in this situation.

Caneira is also a good back-up to have. I'm not the biggest supporter of Nuno Valente but he impressed me against Saudi Arabia, and maybe we should stick with him in that spot, and if anything happens stick in Caneira.

As for the right back, we don't need to worry since we have Ferreira, Nelson and Miguel.

Our defense is strong, even in depth, and maybe we should put a little more faith into our guys. Maybe the left side is not as well covered, but I think we have enoughhh depth to where the Andrade injury won't shit all over our chances. Though I still have hope that Andrade makes a comeback before predicted.

19. simao20

simao20 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    SoCal
    As long as Meira doesn't play like he did in the olypmics I'm comfortable with him.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Meira is solid yes...but Andrade was a god damn rock back there.

21. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
  22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    did anyone watch Pedro Mendes' 2 goals for Portsmouth?:)

23. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Read an interview on NOVA GENTE with Beto (ex-Sporting) now playing in Bordeaux. He is living in an apartment across from the practice facility and had his BMW M5 stolen from right in front of his apartment (coincidentally the same one where Pauleta stayed when he played there). They stole all his documentation but the cops found his (Portuguese Plates) jeep soon after. He took a quick trip to Portugal to get his Bilhete de Identidade, passport etc...

24. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sucks to be in France:p

25. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Just read in O Jogo that Costinha may retire due to his problems with Dinamo. Why don't the two parties just mutually break the contract? I'd hate to see Costinha's career end like this. Then again, you can't always believe what you read in O Jogo.