Portuguese Coaches Abroad ( Vol. 2 ) [r]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, May 4, 2012.

1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Sorry, I should have said "brickleiro".
    Just about everyone I grew up with and my old man and his buddies are in "constraishion". My brother and I said screw that and and got far far away:D

Tonel and The Zeta Variant repped this.
  2. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    #227 The Zeta Variant, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Brickleiro is the word! Also remember that plywood, in Portuguese is pronounced “o pl-eye-would!”

I was dragged to the job sites when I was a kid but ended up staying in school. Nothing wrong with it just wasn’t for me.

Now Im no longer a real Portuguese and have to be a yuppy and try to date white liberal females. Most Portuguese Canadian women are taken and have multiple kids by now.

BatatasFritas repped this.
  3. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Joao Felix isn’t living up to the hype cuz he’s probably banging his gf all the time. If you look up her pics you will understand.

4. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Although Portuguese can be found all across Canada and the US, I found that Toronto (GTA), the New England area (especially Massachusetts), followed by California to be the regions with the most notable representation among the general in North America. So yes, we Torontonians will show up on these soccer discussion boards. :p

5. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Felix's girlfriend Magui Corceiro looks like a pretty big deal social media influencer for Portuguese youngsters their age. Gotta find the right balance between being a professional and personal life.

Ronaldo always had ladies everywhere he went but he never overcommitted until he achieved almost everything on the pitch in his career and finally found the right one for him.

And of course of the total opposite end of the spectrum there's Dani Da Cruz Carvalho who had no dedication to the sport at all

6. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Abel the new king of South America

03E82B74-724F-4B9B-B51B-51877B692279.jpeg

7. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    The ultimate test is whether even really terrible coaches like Ricardo Sa Pinto can win in Brasiuuuuuu

8. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Brazil league is not all that great

9. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    That's kind of the nature of the Brazilian league is, similar as the Argentinian league. A place for really young players, old guys, and rejects who didn't make it in Europe.

Just look at how Gabriel Barbosa is seen as a god there at Flamengo. Even though he was terrible at Inter and Benfica.

Sometimes it's not only talent, a player also lacks the discipline and attitude to become good in Europe

10. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Vitor Pereira's Fenerbahce finish 3rd in their EL group. They won't qualify for the KO rounds but will get transferred down to the Conference League.

Would be amusing if he ends up getting matched up with Mourinho at Roma somehow

11. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Vitor Pereira could be on his way to Flamengo

12. Ultimategino

Ultimategino Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jul 13, 2021
    Sao Miguel
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I’d take him over Santos.

13. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Vitor Pereira officially sacked now but no news about what's happening to him next yet

14. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Paulo Sousa reportedly leaving the Polish NT for Flamengo

15. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Now official

16. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
  17. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021

18. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Some reports saying Jorge Jesus is on his way to being the new coach of Fenerbahce

19. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
  20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Lately it seems Turkey is where past prime Portuguese players ir coaches are going lol .