Portugal x Serbia - UEFA Euro 2008 Group "A" Qualifier [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by Força Sporting, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cr81391

cr81391 New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Washington D.C
    so what time is the game EST btw ?!?!?!?!

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    4:00 PM...Its on the first page my friend.

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Portugal has been resting on their laurels... tomorrow they must regain the eye of the Tiger and Defeat Serbia and get all 3 points.

I want to see Portugal run AMOK on Serbia.... Quaresma one side and Ronaldo RAINING HELL ON THE SERBIAN DEFENSE

FORCA PORTUGAL.

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

yikes if thats true, dont fall into the trap of one girlie;)

Joelzinho must be P.I.M.P. to the max like Anderson

Im more like Nani, "I am Hot I am Hot!!!!"

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I do alright.

6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm getting real sick of everyone here bashing and questioning our NT's play and love for Portugal.

Fist off MOST NT's don't sing their national anthem...OURS DO...second most that do sing sing separately...ours lock arms and sing proud.

If you are gonna compare intensity of a Rugby team...of Amateurs playing in their FIRST world Cup...to Futebol players...you my friend are so out of touch with the sports

I am so sick of all of you bandwagon jumpers especially while our team is playing so good. There is another team on the field and they did nothing to deserve a tie but it happens thats life. But oh, "Deco wasn't slide tackling or blocking shots"...I'm sorry he is our play maker NOT A DEFENSIVE MID OR A DEFENSMAN. You wanna rag on Nuno or Bruno Alves you have the right because you can see them do nothing and make mistake after mistake because they are not good enough, not lack of effort. Our defense is all hurt so when you see shakiness it is somewhat understandble when you have one starter as of the WC (meira) then a new CB a new RB and an LB that gets hurta nd we replace him with another RB who's never playe dthat position. And they were bad for how many plays? 2...one of which was a goal the other a Smolarek miss. I'm not counting their second goal it was legit. No one made any real bad mistake and Ricardo was unlucky to be in that position nothing more. But no, our NT isn't playing with passion is the problem :rolleyes: yeah all the plays, possession, shots, tackles interceptions...THAT MEANS NOTHING because Poland tied us let's all call for Scolari's firing.

Now sorry for picking on this one post dilmo because it is the majority of the posters here. Maybe people are upset because we haven't qualified yet or haven't dominated the way we could but you all need to seriously grow up and start accepting that:
    1. we have by far one of the best teams in the world
    2. the play like it
    3. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES in sport.

So stop acting like your all owed something.

7. Patrick JD Costa

Patrick JD Costa New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Agrees with you! :)

GO PORTUGALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL and SCORE SOME GOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLS and play great DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Finally someone I agree with.

We just miss the final piece of the puzzle, and it shows more so now because alot of teams learnt how to shut us down realizing we have no striker to make them really worry.

Anyways scolari said ferriera will play left back and quaresma wont start, 90% of the team will be the same.

ffs.

9. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    I agree with most of this.

1. Deco needed to close down the gap on his man before the last goal, Defenceman or not. This is basic stuff.

2. The players OWE the FANS everything so they should play like they belong in the game for christ sakes.

10. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    LOL... how are you going to say you agree with him and then tear apart Scolari like that in your last sentence?

11. .:Rabid

.:Rabid New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    I think Nani should come in a striker at some point.

What's his track record in that position?

I'm nervous as hell, wow.

12. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Thank god Scolari is the coach.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Damn so Ferreira is going to start. Alright I can definitely live with that. However I really want to see Quaresma start again on the wing.

Should I skip my last class for this game boys?

14. Correia

Correia Member

Dec 5, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Obviously yes. I think I'm going to leave work early and catch the second half of the game at Nevada Smith's, anyone else planning on going there?

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Only the second half? No no no, you leave work even earlier and watch the entire game.

F it. My morning class completely turned me off for school. Wow...If anyone would have bothered me in any sort of way on the bus ride home I was ready to snap....:mad:

Lets go Portugal. Inject some joy into my life.

16. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Well, it's almost make it or break it time. This is definitely a pivotal game, so we better show up. Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on the Poles and Fins since we're at a juncture where all games affect our qualification.

17. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pol 0-0 Fin in the 63d minute. This is a good result for us if it holds--combined with a win it would mean we'd be even with Finland and two points behind Poland with one game in hand.

The difficulty, of course, will be getting the three pts today.

18. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    little bit off-topic here but what was the team that mauled Russia not a long time back. I guess Figo, Carvalho, Andrade and Pauleta would have been part but what was the formation like?

19. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Figo wasnt back yet, but we played:

-----------ricardo----------------
    ------Carvalho--Andrade---------
    Miguel---------------------Ferriera
    -----------Costinha---------------
    ------Maniche---Deco------------
    Simao------------------------Ronaldo
    ------------Pauleta---------------

basically euro 2004 squad bar 2 changes

I doubt we will play inspired like that today:(

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wouldn't be mad at that result but I rather Poland win.

21. Correia

Correia Member

Dec 5, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The Poland vs Finland match has ended in a 0-0 tie.

22. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    why?

If we win all our games and game in hand we will finish first if its a tie.

But then again...

We must win this game, which with the way things are going..:(

23. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Yep,that coupled with a positive result tonight would almost ensure qualification in 2nd place.

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Exactly...Personally, I think the result between Poland and Finland have made it a 3 way battle for qualification, along with Serbia if they win this game....ouch.

25. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking that a Fin/Pol tie would be best to give us a shot at winning the group and directly qualifying. That also assumes that we win against Serbia and subsequent foes, but if we can't win the big games at home, then we can't really expect to be entitled to play in the Euro championship.