Portugal vs Sweden Nations League 2020 G4

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by JoseEmidio, Oct 8, 2020.

?

Result

1. Win

100.0%
  2. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    That Pass!!!!! That goal!!!

HandofAbel repped this.
  2. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That’s my Merseyside boy!

3. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    She would also need to rise from the dead, but still, even being female and dead, I maintain she puts away that chance that Felix had.

4. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I don't think Felix is a bad player to be honest. He definitely has talent, but he sure has underperformed for Portugal. I'm not sure how he is on Athletico either. Andre Silva needs to be given more opportunities though.

HandofAbel repped this.
  5. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jota x 2

Looks like Bernardo-Ronaldo-Jota vs France or in the near future

HandofAbel and ScpBoy77 repped this.
  6. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Deadly

NewLaw83, SCP_16 and HandofAbel repped this.
  7. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The day a trans zombie starts for Portugal will be the day where I'll finally admit we've gone too far.

HandofAbel repped this.
  8. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Croatia and France are currently tied in the groups other game.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Dropped - Copy.jpg

10. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    A draw would definitely gives us some room for error against Croatia. There's no way France can make-up the goal difference and so two draws would be enough.

11. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nah, mate, the point remains. He's a headless chicken but when there's space that works.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Then what's FAILix? What does he provide his teams? Dude has ZERO value. He's Makukula, Bebe level. Even Postiga was a better player.

13. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    France goes ahead of Croatia again 2-1

14. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Felix played very well against France. In games like that, we can't have a guy getting the ball and running into the ground and losing the ball.

Jota is a nice player to have as option as he can be very useful in certain situations (so, yes, my earlier post was hyperbolic), but for me our best XI is the one that played France with Cancelo for Semedo.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

FAILix hasn't been useful to anyone since he left SLB. Let's stop the pandering nonsense. Dude was also a liability against France. Atrocious player.

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I'm really loving the Danilo and William partnership.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  17. Super Dragao

Super Dragao Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2020
    Toronto - (Rogers Road) and Northern Portugal
    I was hating on Santos and the lineup earlier but he proved me wrong.
    Close to maximum points , 9 goals for and only 1 against in the most difficult nations league group that includes the two previous World Cup finalists.

JoseEmidio and NewLaw83 repped this.
  18. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This hyperbole also does not help, sure Félix should not start now but the unnecessary venom helps who? This Same stupid clubismo bullshite that was directed at Sanches and Carvalho (what good did that do??), any asshole can be a critic everyone has a opinion, but to bring this divisive bullshite to the National Team is PATHETIC. Frankly when a Porto ex player kicked out Benfica for Chelsea I was REALLY angry but clubs are clubs, Alves for instance was a total asshole if you were facing him, but once he gets into the national team, then he was really good for us. It is not like Félix is facing SCP so why the venom? This regionalismo or clubismo over nacionalismo even in the seleção is counter-productive.

19. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fernando Santos is HUGELY underrated, would Guardiola or Mourinho have won the Europe x 2. Also, points for learning from mistakes, you live and you learn or you live and you do not learn and stay as stupid as you were before...

AlexJones19, verde-rubro and NewLaw83 repped this.
  20. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Missed most of the game and going to watch it later. But from what I did see, Portugal looked fluid. Great chances, runs, through balls, and crosses. Very sound defensively again. Just seemed like good chemistry all around. Again this is from what I seen. Great goals from (2) Jota and B. Silva. Jota got some pace to him for sure.

Also seemed like Felix under performed today. he should have put away that break away chance.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  21. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Read "What is to be done?" by Lenin and apply it to football.

22. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stop joking around, comments like these are eye rolling.

He clearly is supremely talented, you just need to take a look at his first game of the season for Atletico, or his cameo in the CL for that this past summer. The weight of expectations and price tag is weighing on him, and he definitely shouldn't be starting the next match vs France. I think he needs to continue to grow into the player we all know he can be at Atletico and come off the bench with less pressure for the selecao vs tougher teams.

Jota-Ronaldo should be starting right now.

We were average and so soft in midfield and defense, lost so many second balls and were easy to play through..Patricio was fantastic, as was Pepe. Again we struggled to put together a consistent performance for 90 minutes, and one that combines the defensive solidity vs France with the offense we've shown in spurts.

We need to find a way to do that moving forward to truly take advantage of the team we have over the next couple tournaments.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  23. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes everyone needs to relax on Fernando Santos. Dude has rarely let us down. I think he is one of the best NT managers in the world. Super hard to find a good NT manager so lets not be quick on the trigger.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  24. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maybe in the highlights you Will miss the nexus of Danilo and Carvalho, Carvalho has improved on the ball, this combination looks very defensive and is but with a dragons tail (kickk).

NewLaw83 repped this.
  25. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have always liked the double pivot with Danilo and Willam. Helps solidify the defense against great sides and they can help control the midfield and get the ball to the play makers. I feel both compliment each other well. Especially with Portugal's Full backs that press.