Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by F.P.F.4life, Aug 6, 2009.
yeah I agree. Portugal played good but ... its liectenstein
OK we beat Liechtenstein, lets hope were not euphoric on our qualification hopes.
We haven't changed things, Queiroz is still boring. Looked nervous even-though we were up 3-0.
This guy is boring and instills no confidence in our players.
Am I the only one to notice this?
I want CQ to continue with this 4-4-2 and see if it actually works with other teams. It has great potential since Liedson will join us soon and can joion Almeida up front and Simao can go to the LM position.
good point but where does that leave Ronaldo?
I think its good to go with the 4-4-2 - I mean our wingers dont cross the ball to the strikers for goals we hardly getting any goals from that anymore. bosingwa is the only one who consistently puts accurate balls into the box.
Simao at LM and Ronaldo at RM.
That diamond formation would work out perfect for the NT.
I think we should go for solid players against denmark and that lineup would probably achieve the desired outcomes. If Ronaldo plays RM bosingwa has to be at RB and Carvalho has to play to his left!!!
Our 2nd half was crap, although we were up 3-0 against lichenstein i would of liked us to mop the floor with them. CQ looks like a zombie on the sideline with the same damn facial expression, its embarrassing. Overall i have no qualms about the performance...we beat a team handily that we were supposed to beat. But somethings i would like to see improve is...
1. Hugo almeidas finishing...the guy had 2 goals and thats awesome but he positioned himself so well on many other oppurtunities to only fail to capitalize. You cant do that against greater adversaries....Almeida always gets in good position but fails to capitalize, that trend needs to stop.
2. Deco needs to improve...he was possibly the worst player for Portugal yesterday...seriously. He hasnt impressed me in the last couple of NT games either and i think age is catching up with him...we need to start lining up a replacement for him..Im thinking Danny but hes hurt at the moment.
3. Pepe is not an f´ing defensive midfielder....the guy absolutely kills our attack everytime he touches the ball....its rather embarrassing. Keep him at CB or move him to the bench in favor of alves or RC...I do think RC has more chemistry with Bruno, but its tough to keep a player like pepe on the bench.
I agree about Pepe. It's also embarassing that Pepe is used as a DM against small teams like Albania and Leicthenstein. Meireles could easily do the job with opposition like this. Against smaller teams we need offense in the midfield and not defense.
For the Denmark match I could see why Pepe would be a DM though since his defensive skills are needed. But that should be the only match.
1. Almeida is still an average forward at best.
2. Deco has been on the decline for the past year. Not sure how he starts anymore. If it were Rui Costa he'd be sitting for another Brasilian by now
3. Pepe is not a DM, at all. He and Bruno Alves should start in the back. Thats it. Manuel Fernendes at DM when he returns.