Portugal NSR: Other Sports

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by Nelso, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    This thread will be on the "Sticky", or I think moderators shall close it. Sorry, I dont have the habbit of open threads with "no theme", but I need to know how many of you read my posts on rink-hockey threads! I would like to know how many of you read it... Becase I only started to post on Big Soccer because of try to spread info about this sport in USA...

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    remember a lot of the guests my be reading your thread and not post on it, because of one reason or another, take that he consideration, and go by the number the views your thread:)
    keep up the good work

3. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
  4. Paul Sousa

Paul Sousa Member

Sep 18, 2005
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is rink hockey the same as lacrosse?

5. golmirivan

golmirivan New Member

Dec 28, 2001
    east brunswick
    Don't know much about the sport, but the portuguese are as good as anybody.

6. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's pretty much the same as hockey, instead of skates they use roller blades, instead of ice they use a hardwood floor, with that being said i know nothing about the rules of the game:p

[​IMG]

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Porto are the only team left in the European CL, the final 4 will be play on the new Palace of Desportos in Torres Novas.

8. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    No Dude :D

I will try to explain: it's like Ice Hockey, but played in a smaller rink (40 x 20 m), 5 players for each side.

We use quads roller sates, and short sticks. Many people say that it's almost like inline hockey, but I think it's harder to play. For spectators, it's very interesting, but it's like see a baseball game or an Football (American one) game for the first time... In TV, the game can be boring, because it's very fast and you dont have a complete vision of the rink when you see it on TV.

The most fabolous thing is that violence it's not alowed... although some "derbieS" can have trobles :D

Here is a link with cool pictures of the game:

http://www.ukrollerhockey.com/

9. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal

roller blades it's not the same as QUAD ROLLER SKATES ;) Roller Blades are used in inline roller hockey. With quad's (traditional ones), you can improve your skills, you can run faster... :cool:

About the rules... I will try to found a link in english... but until then, here you have the rules in portuguese:

http://fpp.pt/ficheiros/pdf/hoquei-patins/regras/regras_jogo_hoquei_patins.pdf

10. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
    Argentina, Spain, Italy and Portugal are the better national teams in the world. In the 3 european countries, rink-hockey is played professionaly, and in Argentina there are games with over 5000 persons...

This game is currently play in about 30 countries, althougfh there are about 50 countries afiliated in the international federation.

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    THANKS, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK