Portland Timbers PGE Park renovation

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by UPinSLC, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? This is quite literally the first time I've ever commented on your POS stadium's concourse. F**k me you Portland fans are a sensitive bunch. Go talk to your owner some time, dipshit. Everything I said is directly from him.

2. doog

doog Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Whatever Paulson says, the tarping doesn't have anything to do with limited views, the tarps stretch across the top of the north and west ends, and most of those seats won't have an obstruction (or in the case of the support beams, they have the same obstruction as people in lower seats will).

The egress and concourse issues are probably his main concern, and limiting ticket availability in order to drive buzz/demand is probably the other. If the Timbers sell out all of their home games and build a decent-sized season ticket waiting list I'd be shocked if the capacity didn't go north of 20,000 next year.

3. Fenerbace

Fenerbace Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    Hmm. As relevant as ever.

Seriously UPinSLC - respect as a Rose City brother, but come on, chill out on this stadium topic and let people say what they want. We have plenty of reasons to be proud as hell about our new venue. It's the best digs in the league as far as many are concerned. How can you get so upset about any message board comments?

Our stadium is Soccer's Graceland.

There is no need for you to defend it. It speaks for itself.

4. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

5. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mainly arguing with bright for first 12 months of stadium financing and then construction. it seems like every sounders fan has to come in here and spout off on how narrow the concourse is, how few bathrooms there are, how the away section is so horrible, how few exits there are, blah blah blah. yoshou isnt the first sounders fan to make these exact same comments and he/she wont be the last, im just getting sick and tired of hearing it. there have been so many of these comments i cant keep the posters of them all straight.

something about "if you dont have something nice to say than dont say anything at all."

6. sedlie

sedlie Member+

Apr 5, 2011
    Who cares? They're the ones missing out on the fun.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZFFOO1seAc"]YouTube - Portland Timbers Army[/ame]

Who cares? Bright will just have to wear Depends if he can't hold it.

Who cares? Let them whinge. At least they're in the building.

Exits? Who the hell cares about exits? Only people that don't want to be there care about exits.

Just calm down and relax a bit. The game is only a week away.

7. Chupacerveza

Chupacerveza Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The 'Berg
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, my take on it is that the FO is trying to gauge what a good capacity should be; whether this be in regards to ticket demand, fan experience, or stress on existing facilities, I'm not sure. It's probably a combination of all of them. I believe that this is a prudent decision on their part, however. After the initial season they should be better able to judge a suitable capacity and then make the necessary adjustments to preserve a fantastic fan experience. My experience has always been that the only time there were serious lines for bathrooms/concessions was during halftime. This will generally always be the case in any stadium. Now, however, the 3,500 east-side fans will have their own facilities. That should alleviate some the issues for the north and west end. I think that it should work out fine.

8. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
  9. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Portland Timbers: Is Jeld-Wen Field ready? (video)

11. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a few frames I decided to keep track of the number of times that I saw water on the concrete. I lost count.

12. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    She's even hotter in person. And really nice too. Not stuck up at all.