Portland Pilots - 2002 and 2005 NCAA champs (R)

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Nacional Tijuana, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to enjoy watching this team when I'd see them on TV. I guess I just liked programs who weren't UNC because back then, they automatically seemed the underdogs. I also loved Clive's love of the sport.

But in more recent years, it seem's like Soccer City's NCAA team (well, one of them) has fallen back off the map.

MIchelle French has been brought in as HC (not sure what a Director of [soccer] Operations is, but Elli Reed is now it.)

As of right now, wins against NAU and SJSU, but a loss to Washington.

https://portlandpilots.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc

Anybody living up that way (I think our resident stats man does. Anybody else?)?

2. penguin13

penguin13 New Member

United States
    Aug 16, 2018
    director of soccer operations basically deals with the day to day administrative stuff for the program. They make sure all the travel is coordinated, ,eals are taken care of, all the forms are filled out, etc. . .

3. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The players are really happy to have Frenchie as their coach. My simulation for the season, based on teams' RPI trends, says the Pilots record as of today should be 0 wins, 1 tie, and 2 losses. They have 2 wins and a loss, and the loss easily could have been a tie except for the worst non-call I've every seen on a foul in the box.

The fans are really happy to have Frenchie as the coach, too.

But there's a lot of work to do for her and the excellent staff she's brought in. A lot of bridges had been burned that now have to be reconstructed. It's going to take time, and I've advised fans not to let their short-term hopes get unrealistically high.

4. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 Nacional Tijuana, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Lost both matches at the Husky Invite, including in OT to Michigan State. Beat UVU 2-1. Next is another Portland Invite match vs. UCI, which I believe should be wrapping up soon.

ETA: Looks like a 2-0 lead fairly late.

ETA: And that is how it ends.