Port City Firm thread

Discussion in 'Wilmington Hammerheads' started by mbsc, May 4, 2011.

1. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured the PCF should have their own thread. I'm not sure how often it will be used as the Facebook page covers the same events, but here it goes...

The PCF will be having their monthly meeting at the Harp (on the corner of 3rd Street and Greenfield) tonight, May 3rd at 7:00 pm. Topics to be covered will include tickets for those who plan to attend the away game in Richmond and maybe the status of the scarves. And as usual, there will be beer. Lots of it.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=215277035168355

2. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I, for one, don't "facebook" so I hope many folks will use this thread. :D

3. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    I lived in Wilmington for three years and traveled back to see the Hammerheads' debut way back when. Even wore a Hammerheads T-shirt when I saw a game in Ireland on my honeymoon in 1999.

Thrilled to see the team returning and the support intact. Nice work.

4. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posted by Bob Chance on the PCF Facebook page...

Helping Kids Heal via "the Beautiful Game"

The Boys and Girls Homes of North Carolina, Inc, is in great need of soccer boots and shin guards for their team, and the Port City Firm has agreed to help collect these vital pieces of kids’ kit at upcoming matches. Approximately 20 pairs of cleats are needed this year, and anything in sizes ...appropriate to fit girls & boys from ages 14-18 would be greatly appreciated. If you have gently used or new cleats and/or shin guards you’d like to donate, just bring them by the Port City Firm’s table at the entrance to Legion Stadium before any of the next four home games (June 24, July 2, July 16 and July 23). Please help us get the soccer season off on the right foot for these kids. Thank you very much!

Background: Boys and Girls Homes of North Carolina, Inc. is a Christian-based, non-profit organization that has been around since the 1950s, helping children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect and even sexual abuse. Nearly 5,000 vulnerable kids have been nurtured by Boys and Girls Homes of North Carolina, either through residential programs at the beautiful campus on Lake Waccamaw, which provides an accredited middle and high school, vocational education, recreational facilities, a farm, chapel and cottage life, or through community-based programs, such as adoption, family foster care and therapeutic foster care. For more info, visit www.boysandgirlshomesofnc.com

5. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next PCF meeting is July 6, 7:00 pm at the Harp... Also-- Don't forget there is a tailgate for the LA Blues game on July 2 at 4:30. From the Facebook page...

"We will be tailgating Saturday before the match. Like always, we will provide the main course, if you bring the side dishes. Please RSVP so we can get a proper head count. Last time we ran out of food before everyone got their turn"

RSVP here..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_177441085622485&ap=1