Pope should have done some research

Discussion in 'International News' started by sahbekham_pactwinner, Sep 28, 2006.

1. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    No it doesn't. But if you think it does, that's great for you.

Reality is reality whether you perceive it or not.

2. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens

There can be 9,000 kinds of Jihad. The fact stands that a substantial # of Muslims engage in terrorism and an even more surprising and frightening # of Muslims support this kind of Jihad.

80% of Palestinians support suicide bombing - and that poll was taken before the current violence peaked.

3. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    If you go to certain parts of the US I'm sure you will find 80% of people that support the current President and his nutty ways. Polls can show whatever the person who carried out the poll wanted them to show. I'm also going to guess that because of your obvious political leanings that this poll was sourced from a news or polling service with your own pro-israeli views. I may be wrong but last time I checked the Israeli press wasn't exactly a bastion of unbiased journalism.

4. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Read haaretz, one of the biggest media outlets in Israel - they are biased of course, but not the way you think.

I don't think you have ever read Israeli press, plus European and Muslim press is never biased either. Never.

5. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I never said that the European and Muslim press weren't biased. You'd be a fool if you thought they weren't.

I was simply making the point that polls reflect the views of the people who conduct them and the people who commision them.

6. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Then plz enlighten us why u don't think so?

7. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The poll in Indonesia was conducted by anti-muslims then?

8. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    No but in certain parts of Indonesia which is the worlds largest muslim country you are going to find areas where 80% of people will support terrorism. This can't be used to define an entire religion of 1 billion people.

9. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That was not the point. Point was that 187 million is a BIG number.
    And that's from one country only...

10. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    If you look hard enough you'll find polls that probably say 80% of Americans (in the area the poll was done) have no idea where the Pope lives, where Israel is and who Fidel Castro is. Polling should be taken as lightly as Fox news.

And no, I don't have links before you ask.......;)

11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, you hypocritical bastard:D
    So you don't think that this at all could be plausible?

12. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    No. Ive travelled in Asia. Hatred towards the West is always over-rated. Obviously I can't myself go around and ask every person - but many things are said for emphasis and exaggerated.

13. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Somewhat related: Pro-Israeli editor beaten in Bangladesh

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1159193464551&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

I know it's not totally related, but it's another glimpse of the reality in parts of the muslim world.

14. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Well it's not really surprising is it as Banladesh doesn't recognise Israel and doesn't alow it's citizens to trave there.

Bangladesh has said for many years that for relations to occur Israel must implement of all its set obligations and its acceptance of the land-for-peace formula, withdrawal from all occupied Arab territories in the Golan and south Lebanon and enabling the Palestinian people to establish their own independent state with Jerusalem as a capital.

From 1999, but I couldn't be bothered to search for a more recent document as the stance hasn't changed.

15. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Just because it is not surprising does not mean it's not wrong and the point that it is not surprising at all is more worrysome as it shows how much has to improve before anything changes. And this whole land excuse is getting tiresome, I am sure Bangladeshans really give a rat's ass about Palestinians and who should control Hebron or Jericho. Really, it's a bullshit excuse to fall inline with the rest of the muslim world.

16. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Completly agree with your synopsis on that. I doubt many people from Bangladesh could even tell you one thing about Israel if their government hadn't been so anti-Israel. Maybe the only reason was to get cheap oil or something? I agree with you it is wrong and not only that (rising above right and wrong) it doesn't help anybody to have countries not recognising each other. The countries are there and members of the UN so for them never to talk is pointless.

(Byt the way, in case you thought I was - I was by no means defending their decision not to recognise Israel, just pointing it out. Maybe I should of clarified that)