Poor Carlo's Headaches and Other Transfer Muppetry - Transfer Thread #13

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Add Hierro and Zidane to that list as well.

Deep Pal and Toro70 repped this.
  2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Zidane was never number 1 for me in his time at Madrid.

So even when he's 80 he should stay our starting goalie? Seeing as he's 'always' n1 to you? He probably won't be starter coming season, neither will Diego, with Navas coming. What's the point in keeping his big salary on the bench here when he could be a starter in another team?

Both would probably be a benchsitter here, so it doesn't really matter if Diego or Iker leaves in the end.

Zidane05, Deep Pal and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  3. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    So you're saying Madridismo is choosing who should play based on past glory and nostalgia, and not merit? Because that's what you're saying.

The best player should play, and Iker Casillas is no longer the best. He is no longer an elite goalkeeper - He is not among the best. He has become detrimental to the team. His reflexes are fading, his positioning is average and he looks too fragile to have as first choice.

Anon., halamadrid00, My Hierro and 4 others repped this.
  4. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's always sad to see club legends leave, it is what it is. I don't like it either, I don't think it HAD to happen this season, but the club saw a good opportunity and a decision needs to be made. It's understandable.

However multiple birds will be hit with one stone here: 1. getting rid of the Casillas vs. Lopez debate. 2. avoiding a potential Casillas vs. New Goalkeeper future debate. 3. hopefully improving the overall roster for a decent price (salaries, transfers etc.) and have a fixed starter.

For Casillas himself I think a change of environment, a new challenge would do him good. I still think he has it, but needs to get his groove and confidence back. Not sure that will happen if he stays.

In all honesty, he's won it all here. It would not be the worst way to go out lifting the European Supercup. Quite fitting.

5. libran83

libran83 Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again I'll ask...if Iker and Madrid do decide to part company this summer where does he go? Has there been any rumors on that (aside from the Arsenal one which seems null now)?

6. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe entirely in meritocracy and I'm not suggesting Iker should play if he isn't at least potentially the best option; I just find it strange that everyone is taking absolutely for granted that he's past it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the evidence for that.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is Real Madrid, if your not the best in the world in the position you want to start at then your in trouble. I don't know what this BS about Iker always being #1. It's selfish of Iker to want to start with the form he is in, and it's selfish of the fans who wan't to put the TEAM in jeopardy based off of past nostalgia. We have a difficult beginning to our La Liga season, we don't want to dig a hole we're trying to get out of all season.

My Hierro repped this.
  8. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He may not be past it but using Real Madrid's La Liga campaign as a way to see if he "still has it" is one of worst ideas I've ever heard of. We need a 100% elite, and if form GK ready to go from day 1. Iker is not confident, not in shape, and not in form. 2 weeks before the season starts and this is what we are dealing with?

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love Iker, i always have and always will. But it's time to step down as the #1 GK.

CR7PT and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So will ADM coming back to Madrid tomorrow or not? Any news?

perucho311 repped this.
  11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    That's up to his wife. :cool:

Maybe they discussed him over lunch today:
    [​IMG]

Florentino, Jose Angel and Jorge Mendes

S1na, Zidane05, CivilProtection and 4 others repped this.
  12. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    After his performance in world cup and preseason no club would buy him.....

13. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe not an elite club, but there are probably 100's of clubs around the world that would take him. Any MLS team for example.

14. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt Iker would be interested to join any club that can't play CL and any CL club would be interested to accept such big wage for Iker.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd rather go into the season with 1 goalkeeper than only one striker. Completely stupid idea.

MadridFan22304 and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    haha, now thats worse honestly IMO. But I accept 1 striker idea isn't good

17. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wanted Raul out during 2008-2010 ... I thought he was a liability, a player who is only a shadow of his glory days. I thought we could use his spot with a younger more ambitious player. When the day came, and he was about to leave the club ... it broke my heart. It was a very difficult moment. I feel the same about Iker. Yes, I wanted him benched/out at times, but I cannot he is leaving for real! He means a lot for Real Madrid and for Real Madrid fans. The team won't be the same without him. We will lose a lot more than just a GK.

18. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the term 'Madridismo' has gone to your head way too much with regards to Iker.

I'm glad you don't run this club, that's for sure.

19. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shamrock Rovers.

Umar repped this.
  20. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Wow great way to mock a true legend of the club , do you really think people will appreciate this kind of dumb post or think you are funy /smart ?

ahnaf repped this.
  21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is fantastic. Please keep it up. :D

[​IMG]

Alma Merengue repped this.
  22. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    :ROFLMAO:

Does every little thing offend you? How do you get through life?

23. My Hierro

My Hierro Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    José Luis Sánchez‏@JLSanchez78 6m
    Ancellotti ha llamado a Di María para pedirle que se quede. El jugador, tajante: "Me voy". Su traspaso muy cerca de cerrarse. @lasextatv

Ancellotti called Di Maria and asked him to stay. He responded "I'm going". His transfer should be finalised very soon.

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thank you and goodbye.

ahnaf, surgeon, MerlinRM and 7 others repped this.
  25. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In addition to what you said, Raul should still be wearing the #7 for Madrid. Also please send an invitation to zidane that we need his magic in midfield