Pompey at Birmingham, Sept. 27 [R]

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by worldsoccer-Jeff, Sep 26, 2003.

1. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
    Thread for Saturday's trip up to Birmingham. A difficult game that I felt a the start of the year was a must win, now Birmingham looks like a soild team. A win is needed, but we might have to settle for the draw.

2. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Yes, I think a draw is likely also. But either side has a good chance of winning, depending on how they play.

3. MetroAndAGuinessPlz

MetroAndAGuinessPlz New Member

Apr 1, 2003
    NY
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=107805&cc=5901

A bad loss. Time to pick yourselves up boys. A win against Charlton is vital next week - the three matches after that are Liverpool, Newcastle and Man United. Yikes! Dissapointed in the lads. Play up Pompey...

4. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
    This is not good. We are going to have to pick up a point here are their during that awful line up the fixture maker gave to us. Charlton must go down. To stay out of relegation zone we need to win just enough points to stay in the top half. We need to avoid being sucked down in to the bottom five or so. That's when the relegation presser grows.

5. blueangel1

blueangel1 New Member

May 23, 2003
    Portsmouth, UK
    Disappointing game!! Brum never really dominated at any time in the game we had most of the possession. We lacked up front,birmingham have always been strong defensively! MOM once again Faye. Although Stone and Schemmel looked excellent down the right hand side!
    Teddy hit the woodwork and their goalie had more saves to make than Shaka.

Without meaning to sound bitter, once again poor refereeing affected the result of the game! Yak was not offside for his goal, and we should have had a penalty 2nd half when Teddy was pushed sideways in the penalty area. Savage fouled Faye in the dirtiest foul of the match, and was not even booked ...... Still hopefully things will even them selves out over the course of the season!
    Still I'm totally convinced we have enough to do what it takes!