Poll: Which countries will advance from Group C?

Discussion in 'Group C: Colombia, Ivory Coast, Japan, Greece' started by teammellieIRANfan, Jan 7, 2014.

?

Who will make it out of the group?

1. Colombia and Japan

48.4%
  2. Colombia and Ivory Coast

23.4%
  3. Colombia and Greece

14.1%
  4. Japan and Ivory Coast

7.8%
  5. Japan and Greece

4.7%
  6. Ivory Coast and Greece

1.6%
  1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like Columbia better

2. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colombia and Ivory Coast.

3. M.O.T

M.O.T Member

May 9, 2008
    With last nights win, CIV have it in the bag. One more win, and they're through.

4. M.O.T

M.O.T Member

May 9, 2008
    I don't know why people sleep on CIV like they do. Do they not realize this is the first time in the last 3 world cups that they've been given a fair group. In 2006 they had the Dutch and Argentina and Serbia. Those were all tough teams. Granted, at that time, this generation was just at it's beginnning, so they were a bit out of their depth...but CIV was still a good team back then. Then, in 2010 CIV had Portugal and Brazil...and they still competed.

However, this time...CIV have winnable group, which sets them up for at least the later rounds of the world cup. Personally, I'm excited...I'm thinking CIV get out of this group and make a good run for it. The only real problem is that they might be on Brazil's side of the bracket. But if they get England or Uruguay...if Italy win their group...then CIV can compete with either. And Costa Rica will be an easy out. CIV is one good match against the Dutch or Spain from making the Semis. I feel like Africa breaches the Semis this world cup. I can smell it.

5. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I doubt that it will be decided against Colombia, but they must either get two draws at least or just win one of their 2 matches that they have now.

6. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That doesn't sound like you; did you forget to drink your Aguardiente?

7. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    They are definitely in pole position. But they don't have it in the bag.

8. M.O.T

M.O.T Member

May 9, 2008
    Not quite yet they don't. Like it was said, 1 more win, or two draws. But, it's looking good. If they don't go through, it'll be because they didn't deserve to...There's no reason for them not to, at this point.

Also, admittedly, I don't know too much about current Colombia...but historically, I've hardly ever rated them. I think they're beatable by CIV. But, maybe they've gotten a lot better since the last time I paid them any attention..

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who ever wins between Ivory Coast and Colombia will be in the 2nd round. Then its up to the last game for both teams. Japan let me down and really opened up the group for everyone. For me it was who ever won the game between Japan and Ivory Coast. So will be Colombia 1st, Ivory Coast 2nd.

Costa Rica V Colombia
    Italy V Ivory Coast :)

10. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    We'll see... I have the feeling the Colombia - Cote d'Ivoire game will end in a draw as neither team will want to risk a loss.

11. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Yup if I were CIV, I will play a little conservative. Respect has to be given to Colombia, also this is not a knockout match, if it was. I'd suggest a different approach, but getting through groups is more of a scientific manner. If they get a draw, they are virtually gauranteed to go through. No need to over exert themselves here, they must play smart, tactical and avoid a loss.

zahzah repped this.
  12. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    If I was Pekerman I would also go conservative. Cote d'Ivoire looks like Colombia;s biggest threat. Why risk a loss by opening up at the back?

13. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Yup I think so too, and going by how Colombia sat back even against Greece, I think that will be his GAMEPLAN.

14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that Pekerman will use the same formation and players; the workrate we had for defending and the system we had worked very well. Therer just needs to be more discipline in the mental minds of the midfielders now that we broke the pressure from the first match.

15. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman will change his game plan against Cote d'Ivoire. He change the style depending on the team. We sat against Greece because we got the lead

16. snak10

snak10 New Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    A) who cares how he spells it.
    B) you're calling out a guy for spelling the country wrong when you write "Canadia"....

Anyways, even tho Japan lost yesterday, still think they will pull through in this group. Other team will be COLOMBIA.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  17. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Not sure how you see that happening...

Japan would need to beat Greece and then beat Colombia. Meawhile Cote d'Ivoire would have to fail to win either of their next 2 games (or possibly win one game and then count on GD). Apart from the fact that Japan has an uphill struggle to do that, then its entirely out of their hands whether or not Cote d'Ivoire make it out. If Japan makes it out of the group than likely so does Cote d'Ivoire.

18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #43 Froboy69, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    A) It does matter because that's how it's suppose to be spelled even in English.

B) I don't know why I added an I; I tend to spell it correctly so it's my own fault. :oops:

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Japan is our biggest threat. The way they attack with our old ass 38 year old CB can bite us in the ass. Yaya is WC probably the best MF in the world but still think the Japan game will be the hardest for us especially if we don't beat Ivory Coast. Japan shot itself in the foot. They were up 1-0 and got scored on 2x in less then 2 minutes.