Poll: Which Adjective describes your current state of mind?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by texgator, Jul 25, 2008.

1. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Please choose the one that best fits, FCD fan.

2. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe "disenchantment" is a noun, but it fits my mood best. I am losing interest in this club.

3. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, my name is Gordon and I have a problem w/ FCD apathy. Thank you all. It helps to talk about it.

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Baaaa....grammar, schmammer. Fine...which EMOTION describes your bla bla bla.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    It's all right, big fella.....i'm wid ya. It's gonna be okay.

6. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My mood will change if they do something spectacular* with this transfer window.

* For FCD soccer. Not a concert, or a big trade for the good of the league.

7. fcd_noob

fcd_noob New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Plano
    Maybe BS can add the LiveJournal "mood" icon to the poster ID section.

Cheer up, emo fans!

[​IMG]

8. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found it! Not only does this illustrate my feelings about the current transfer talk but it illustrates my general purpose to this forum::D
    [youtube]j8t5cRlRivA[/youtube]

9. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. I've become very very apathetic. Its like if I go to a match and they win, its a bonus. If you expect nothing and receive that, there is no disappointment.

10. Valknut

Valknut Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Frisco, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm too pissed off yet still care too much to be apathetic. The pathetic part of apathetic describes FCD.

I'm basically just ... done.

11. JaySlick

JaySlick New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Arlington
    i think im about at this phase.

[youtube]do71O6X0n50&NR[/youtube]

12. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anger. Fury.

If I could choose a second, it would disenchanted. Obviosly, the fans care about this team. Some of the players do. Maybe the coaching staff. Above that, it is clear that nobody gives a damn.

Im sure this surprises all of you who know me. I am a happy, upbeat person, with love for everyone. I am not jaded, nor hardbitten, nor consumed with hatred. There is alwasy a smile on my face.

For those of you who need help, I would remind you that for around $8.00, you can buy four 40 ounce bottles of Bud Ice. That is more beer than a 12 pack, and you really cannot buy a 12 pack for $8.00

That is what I hear, anyway. I do not drink.

Dead but dreaming,
    Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Kyle Petty to the 20!

13. Valknut

Valknut Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Frisco, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or you can come to PHP and see exciting play from Oduro, Thompson, Brek Shea and the rest of your FCD super stars and $8.00 will get you one friggin' beer.

:rolleyes:

14. giggshasscored

Jun 5, 2004
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this question were fill in the blank instead chosing from a list, I think 'embarassed' or 'ashamed' is what I'd come up with, but both apathy and disenchantment sound good too.

15. Quills

Quills Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Richardson
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's just say I'm glad the NFL and fantasy football is starting up soon because I don't think FCD will be very entertaining the rest of the year.

16. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    If I could edit the poll I would add "selfless, cold and composed" as an option.

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now, I'm tempted to drive back to Dallas for Sunday's game, just to throw a Vespa onto the field.

18. Hoopstastic

Hoopstastic New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    And I would vote for that one in a heartbeat. I do love me some Ben Folds.

19. Hoops10

Hoops10 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Frisco, Salerno
    How about throwupish? I am not ashamed to be an FC Dallas supporter since day one, but I hate how our play, our coaches, and most everyone involved with the team seems to strive every day to reach a new level of embarrassment and mediocrity. There is no bright future at FC Dallas.

And I am sad :( :( :(

20. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    count me as sleepy and gassy. If this was a new problem in this organization, I would be angry or disenchanted. But I see this as their management style, so I just yawn and get sleepy. I passed apathetic when the botched the stadium opening both times they tried. if you come to expect their stupidity, it really won't bother you either.

21. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a flaming vespa?

22. Skeeter

Skeeter New Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Texas
    I met the opening of the July 15th transfer window with the wide eyed excitement of the little kid on Christmas eve. I couldn't wait to see what new pieces Soccer Santa was going to bring to my favorite team.

10 days later... Not only did Santa not bring me any new toys, but he stole my TV as well.:(

23. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I picked disenchantment too for the same reasons as yours, but I think "indifferent" better expresses my mood. I first stopped attending matches, then I began taping them and fast forwarding through great swaths of the match, and now I simply do not watch them altogether. I don't see this going anywhere with the present ownership, so I've returned my focus on Bayern Munich which I supported long before the Dallas Burn were in existence.

24. markspence02

markspence02 New Member

Aug 10, 2001
    Fort Worth
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about "impatiently waiting for something to happen?"

25. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a painful question to answer, but the fact that it is being asked confirms that I am not the only one...

I am moving my family to South Carolina to be closer to our daughter who is in nursing school (and to get in-state tuition), and I have been on the verge of tears as I ponder the thought of saying goodbye to PHP.

I waited years and years, and still can't believe there is such a glorious place to play...

And yet...

I have seen the "Hoops" (I hate that moniker; call them the Red Stripes, the Stripes, or anything else -- the Hoops name smacks of basketball -- yech!) play horribly in front of large crowds at home when they needed to impress so many times I can't even count. I've seen so many players on this team give 50% that it makes me want to throw up.

I grew up playing soccer with the attitude that it was a privilege to get on the pitch, and that you never give up. I even finished a game with a damaged knee, playing the last 20 in excrutiating pain. On the other hand, our guys are so sick of management (Ricchetti, Toja, Nunez, Alvarez, and so on) that they hustle when they feel like it.

I am moving to an area that doesn't have MLS, and yet I am excited about the Charleston Battery. Sure, I might eventually haul my ass to DC to see a United game, but the Battery seems to give it all for the shirt, and that's what I'm looking for. Hell, they've even got a habit of kicking MLS teams all over the pitch, especially our lads.

I am a "til I die" fan, so I'll continue to cheer for 96'ers, but I have almost completely lost any love for this team, and it's because I can tell that upper management is playing the fans like a bunch of freaking rubes. This ownership isn't nearly as serious about winning as maintaining status quo. They don't mind making a splash for PR's sake, but it usually doesn't even have an impact.

FCD lost the bulk of the hispanic fans, and that is really, really sad. The hispanic fans bring a love of the game that is hard to replicate, and when I look at Houston and the atmosphere they have and then watch an FCD game (the last home game I watched, I thought they had the stadium sound mikes turned off; you could have heard a pin drop!). Look at what's happening in Toronto, Houston, DC, etc. with the chanting and the atmosphere. Our supporters' groups have tried, but they can't seem to get there from here, and I think it's because the management isn't really behind them. Where are the enormous flags? Why is a founding member of MLS still having problems with attendance and the size of the supporters' groups? It's because management doesn't understand what it takes to address the passion of the fans.

I have been voluntarily writing for ASN about FCD all year, and I have lost most of my desire to write about a team that has their minds elsewhere (Toja, Bucharest; Ricchetti, Argentina). It's all a damn mirage. Kenny is one guy that has tried to give it his all, but he'll be gone soon.

Watching Ibby on national tv for Toronto sent me over the moon. Surely there is some way that they could have made this kid happy, but no, there goes another diamond in the rough. Yes, I know there were extenuating circumstances, but there's always a way to work a deal.

So now Ellinger is playing like he knows what he's doing down in Argentina. Ortega must be laughing his ass off! Is this guy really trying to lure me to the hottest playing field on the planet north of Houston?

Is he really trying to lure me to a place that can't pack the stands on a regular basis?

If FCD really cared about the fans, they would consider canopies or a partial roof, or free bottles of SPF 100 and personal misting machines for every fan that gets to bake in the sun. Why they don't put the same misting machines in that the zoo and most restaurants now have is beyond me.

Hitch is a major part of why this team is second rate. Why he is still on the payroll can only be explained by one word: concerts. To hell with the team, focus on concerts. That's the only area that he's had any success.

Hislop was his doing, don't kid yourself. So was Denilson. So was Morrow. Those are three of the biggest damn bonehead mistakes in the history of MLS, and yet HSG thinks this guy hung the moon. Give me a break, please!

I really, really hope that a gung-ho guy like Cuban (not necessarily him) buys the team and gives it some life. Right now, this team has the classic Hunt stamp all over it -- family-friendly perpetual mediocrity.

To those of you who will continue to fight the good fight, I admire you. I just can't say it's worth it for me much longer. Only time will tell.