poll: Dunivant or Albright for WC

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by lagalaxysoccerfan, Dec 25, 2005.

1. lagalaxysoccerfan

lagalaxysoccerfan New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Riverside
    which one will be goin to the WC. There both good but i no that one has to go.

2. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    you really should add "neither" to the choices.

3. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being realistic, it'll probably be Albright this time, but Todd for 2010.

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Albright has a better chance than Dunivant, although Bruce is looking for a left back , and Todd was Mr.Reliable this season for the galaxy , dunivant just hasnt played at an international level yet, and its a huge leap from MLS to World Cup. Albright has already been called in and has shown what he can do , and I just think Dunivant might have gotten into camp a little too late, but u never know...

5. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Plus Albright tends to attack more throught the game, something I have yet to see from Dunivant. Albright is also physically bigger than Dunivant and has an awesome shot. Even with all this mentioned, I doubt Albright will make the final WC roster.

6. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serious? I think he has a pretty good chance. Cherundolo will obviously be the first choice, but if it's between Chris and Hejduk I feel Chris could fancy his chances. Who knows, Hejduk could get injured or smething or lose form which would guarantee Albright a WC place.

7. lagalaxysoccerfan

lagalaxysoccerfan New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Riverside
    I dont like Hejduk his style of play and chris can attack way better than him and he could defend better than him. chris is one of the best defesive/offensive players in MLS

8. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I think Chris has more to offer than Hejduk , but then again, Hejduk has already been through two World Cups with the US , and has been a consistent player throughout , and works his butt off day in and day out.

9. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But Chris has cooler hair :D

10. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's still in question. :p

Bruce seems to trust Hejduk and as someone already said he does work hard. He's somewhat proven which I think would give him the edge over Chris. But that's Bruce's point of view, I myself would rather have Chris in the squad.

11. nuke

nuke New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Albright has the added advantage of being somewhat of a utility player. He can play outside back or midfield (possibly forward if needed). He wasn't very outstanding in the WC qualifier where he played mid, but it was not a good formation for him.

I voted for Both.

12. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just feel Todd's chance will come after '06. Lewis might retire from the national team, leaving the left-back spot open for a sweet competition between Todd and Spector. That'd be an interesting battle. Eitherway, the left-back position has a bright future.

13. AnAYSOCommish

AnAYSOCommish New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    South Bay, CA
    You know, I don't have 5,000+ posts on this board, but I have to say I agree with Sean. Albright has some wheels on him and he is a tough defender with stamina. He can play a physical game and do it in strong fashion. Does he have a chance? Sure! Why not? Arena wouldn't have called him up if he didn't think there was a chance.

14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why They both will make it along with jones Herc LD and hartman :)

15. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then who the hell is going to play for the Galaxy during this time? Joe? What a ragtag group of players we would have to field if all those starers finds their way to Germany. :rolleyes:

16. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Phil's prediction:

----------------------------Cronin---------------------------

-Roberts--------------Ugo------------Tyrone---------Gardner-

--Johnson-----------------Nagmura--------------Grabavoy----

--------------------------Shite 4 Life-------------------------

--------------------Ngwenya-------Enfield--------------------

I hope your wrong Phil. ;) :D

17. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be nice to see our youth develope with some hearty MLS Lite playing time next summer, Im talking Cronin, Roberts, Johnson, Gardner, Enfield.
    Ship off Petey and Joe and Id be happier. Sigi is calling take back your players. Then Ned can shift to the center, where he belongs, move Gardner up and put Nsien or our new drafted defender on the left side. Sad to say our depth at forward is worrysome. Hopefully shipping out the two -do's will free up the S-I spots to bring in a vet winger and a blazing fast forward whose name doesnt rhyme with crap, Im looking at you Naldo. :p
    But really who cares the regular season doesnt even matter, just make the playoffs and turn it on. :D

18. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously though, Naldo is still here, this makes me worry. I swear he better not see any playing time or I'll have to hire some one to take him out gang style.

Pando will go I think, to who I do not know.

Pete will stay :(

So will Joe. Altough who's to say Joe wont be brilliant next season?

Looking forward to seeing Johnson and Nsien. Maybe get them some experience in a low-key fixture such as any of the Chivas games. :p

19. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe better shoot next season, this year it was pathetic. At least Pando was trying, Joe just runs fast. PLay him against Dallas' dumb backline and thats all he is good for. Might as well send some playing time Gordon's way too, maybe thats the combo. Gordon adn Enfield. Yeah that could work... :) If Naldo plays he better score...but Id rather him go. I like do develope domestic talent rather than waste my time on foriegn players that blow.

20. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe needs confidence, hopefully he'll get the boost he needs next season.

I'd rather I didn't get the chance to find out whether Naldo will score, I'd rather he'd piss off back to.......anywhere that isn't Los Angeles. ;)

Gordon and Enfield. Target man and quick forward. That could work well. As someone who plays a similar role to Enfield(wide striker) it's a dream to have someone with Gordon's presence alongside you. That combination has potential. Hopefully it gets a chance.

21. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I would trade a WC victory for a Galaxy winning season everyday of the week.

22. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutly, as long as we still hit the playoffs, our streak is too important to die. RSL will be better, Chivas slightly so (How could they get worse?), and we will see what happens with Dallas and the EJ, Ruiz things. Colorado will do worse, and Houston's players that made them a good SJ team are fleaing like rats. Good thing in reality not all those guys are going. Only LD for sure, Cobi and Chris maybe. :D

23. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colorado's an intersting one. They lose Cunningham and Kotschau, but gain Glen and Mathis, that aint bad, they'll be better. Chivas will be about the same, RSL will be better, much better, it'll be between them and the cRapids for the remaining play-off spot.

LD is the only one guaranteed a spot as you said, the rest are still on te fringes as of now.

24. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I think Alrbight will go. Yea, we will make the playoffs because you have to be absolute crap a la Chivas USA to not make it.

Good news for me. My Dad has informed me that he and his buddy are going in on season tickets to the Galaxy for next year and that they are probably going to end up giving them to me and the others guys son. How great is that?