Poll by E.WYNALDA finds Mexican-Americans are disgusted at Chivas becoming Chivas USA

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Kqql, Nov 1, 2003.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    did Waldo got hired to run the stats of CHIVAS USA!

is a reality and the fool is unemployed in futbol terms.... sorry waldo.

2. YankeeWomble

YankeeWomble New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Columbus/OH/USA
    I HATE the goats. But, welcome to MLS just the same! :)

3. sboydell

sboydell New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Re: Poll by E.WYNALDA finds Mexican-Americans are disgusted at Chivas becoming Chivas

:D :D

4. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is bringing up some very interesting facts. Why not resurrect the name Los Angeles Aztecs? That was always a classy name, and it was a great team in the NASL days.

The difference would be that when the original LA Aztecs played, they didn't fully cater to the hispanic fan, importing Johan Cruyff, George Best, and other top talent, but none that the hispanic fan could immediately identify with.

Now, since the team is basically going to be supported by the hispanic fan base, and being a team they could call their own, why not make them the Aztecs?

The Olmec, Toltec, Mayan, and Aztec history is at the heart of the hispanic heritage and is a source of pride. These civilizations created some of the most advanced mathematics, medicines, and astronomics of all time. Since a team name and identity is all about pride, why not a dignified name like Aztecs?

They even had decent uniforms and a great logo.

5. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    hmmm... I think it should be the Los Angeles Chivas. That would still show that it is a team connected with Chivas de Gaudalajara, but that it doesn't have USA in the name? Or are they upset that the word"chivas" is used in the name? If not chivas I wouldn't go with aztecs, but maybe a famous californian tribe. Are there any?

6. tabramos10

tabramos10 New Member

Jul 1, 2001
    SLC
    I would go with Club Deportivo Los Angeles, like somebody else said, or maybe Union Los Angeles, and then the fans can choose to use the Chivas nickname or not. I don't think there's any reason to put USA in the official name.

7. Sir Slickniss

Sir Slickniss New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    E.Wynalda is a true idiot.....how dumb is he too base the opinions of all hispanics that go for ChivasUSA just by getting the opinion of 20 people. Dummy......

I think Chivas USA is a good name but i Prefer LA Aztecs.or AzteKs.....anyhoo....its all the same to me, The Owner is already recognized for owning Chivas in mexico, and Saprissa in Costa Rica, I dont think we need Chivas name in the mls team to show the connection between the two teams, but i do like the idea of having a team with pure latinos. i know this may make many people mad but MLS, well im surprised that there isnt enough latinos in the league as their should be, ive met with many great soccer players here in the LA area, and i think they are good enough to play for the MLS, i am currently playing small games every monday, wednesday, and friday at 9 in the morning till 12, with Chivas USA Goalie Trainer and he agrees.

8. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Jiminy Cricket, a team with pure Latinos? Are you Crazy or ignorant? Where the hell are you from? Did you fall off the turnip truck outside Nogales?

That is like having a "Negro BaseBall Team" Do you want to undo everything we have done to erase SEPARATE BUT EQUAL??

You would be best served by having a formal education.

9. Sir Slickniss

Sir Slickniss New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    chowhog, white people have an entire league of almost all anglos, why complain when it is only 1 out of 12 teams, Why is it when black people having something like BET, Black Entertainment or or the NAACP which are programs just for the community there is nothing being said, plus, CHIVAS USA, NEVER SAID THERE WERE GOING TO BE ONLY MEXICANS, its not possible here in the USA. But he did say he wanted a team of people that can atleast speak spanish, did he not. ofcourse there is going to be a couple of anglos, but there is going to be a majority of hispanics.

10. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Hey SirSlickniss, I have wrestled with this as well. Believe me, it isn't easy. I would love to see more Americans of Mexican descent play in MLS soccer teams. I would agree that the MLS & teams have not down enough to recruit talented Latino-American soccer players into the MLS, but that also includes COLLEGE/University recruiters. I cannot blame that entirely on MLS.

However, my opinion differs in your opinion on tit for tat.
    ie: "if they (caucasian-americans) have their own team then why can't we (provided we sprinkle in some anglos"

I do not see that as a good way to build unity in MLS soccer.

IF a big objective to MLS soccer is to CREATE RIVALRY between teams to attract fans, then I am FULLY against using the NATIONALITY card to make that happen. That is truely dividing the teams based on the way we look. That is the wrong approach.

Furthermore, the teams are represented that they are Latino teams for Latino people. The point being is that the 3 MLS commissions appear not to have a drop of latino blood in them. So thus, it is a marketing scheme when the MLS anglos are trying to convince you (Latino) that this is a team designed for you by people who look like you. When that isn't the case.
    Sure Mr. Vergara will profit from this, but it is still Anglo suits in MLS who are dictating to you which teams you should support.

If the MLS suits want to attract more fans of Latino heritage, then again I stress that they need to do a better drop of recruiting talented soccer players. We can rally behind this at a grass roots level by supporting our local MLS teams and meeting with local team officials to encourage this type of recruitment. Or else we will no longer support them.

Again, I have a different in how the future direction of the MLS than MLS headquarters does. But I see that using the RACE/Nationality card in promoting soccer in the USA will succeed in division only.

My prediction? creating a team & rivalry based on Nationality will result in only dividing soccer fans and will result violence.

I do not see this as being extreme, only based on reality of current events of our cultural communities in California.

11. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    About one year ago... if you would have told someone that the MLS would or should "expand" into a city where there is already an MLS team, you would have been prescribed anti-crazy pills or shot before a firing squad.

Now... it's all common knowledge. Funny how things work out.

12. Sir Slickniss

Sir Slickniss New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles

13. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    1. NBA is not MLS. NBA est. 1896, MLS est. 1996. NBA - 30 teams. MLS - 10 teams.

2. "Latino fans will go for chivas USA, the rest will go for Galaxy and hate them with a passion and vice versa". Oh how wonderful... passionate racial tension and separation is just what we need in MLS.

14. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Poll by E.WYNALDA finds Mexican-Americans are disgusted at Chivas becoming Chivas

The NBA's first year was 1949. Just in case you wanted to have your facts right for a change.

15. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC

Boggles the mind doesn't it?

16. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm going to call B.S. on this unless you have a link.

18. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Sidspaceman, what exactly do you mean is (B.S....unless you have a link) referring to.

19. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    So you're arguing that Mexican fans are too wild and barbaric to be contained by MLS security? And you're Mexican, huh? How bout that.

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It means I want a link substantiating your claim that 20,000 Chivas fans bummed rushed the HDC.

21. Sir Slickniss

Sir Slickniss New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Your a real idiot, first of all i went to the MLS ALL-STARS vs. CHIVAS game and i did not see 20,000 people jumping the fence, actually i didnt even see 1. your really retarded....the stadium only seats 27.000 and i remember seeing a few empty seats. The thing about getting splashed with food and water i can believe, because my water bottle feel and wet the people under me when the people were stomping on the metal benches to get the crowd going, which i also participated in....lol.....and what you said, "They told us it wasnt even organized chaos, what the hell does that mean, chaos is chaos and i didnt see any of that.

22. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo

Umm ... Crips or Bloods?

23. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    In regards to the potential crowd violence/security problems, I saw something interesting on FSW last sunday. In a French League match where Socheaux hosted Marseilles(who has a legion of followers) there was actually a huge net around the visitors' section. If games between Chivas and Galaxy ever get violent, they may need to employ such a device to seperate the fans.

24. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Right, and the Rivalry in France isn't even divided by NATIONALITY. Just wait till we get it here. Rivalry based on territory/regional is one thing, when it is divided by nationality/country that is a much larger issue

25. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    You're on dangerous ground when you assume rivalry among European regions is any different from nationality. It is not necessarily a "much larger issue" as any Barca, Bastia or Atl Bilbao supporter can tell you.