Political Banners in the Nordecke

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by POdinCowtown, Sep 1, 2022.

1. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your inability to make the distinction on something other than your political affiliation is pretty ********ing telling.

2. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    For the record, I wasn't bothered in person, but there was a supporters group who called me a scab on reddit or Twitter.

POdinCowtown repped this.
  3. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't speak to what would happen after it was hung or displayed, because I can't control that. All I'm saying is that I'd argue strongly in favor of your right to hang something that is within the rules the Nordecke, Crew FO, and MLS have agreed to.

And, frankly, MLS' reluctance to enforce any rules would probably work in a person's favor.

4. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Click on the tweet and read the thread.

To answer your stupid ********ing question, yes, I support human rights and vaccines decency.

5. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Well, I can see both sides of the issues. Apparently you can't.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought someone had approached you at the match to stop.

Eh, MLS or the team's reluctance to get involved likely just means whoever takes down or covers up someone else's banner gets away with it.

The irony in that thread is pretty rich. He complains about doctors being "required" to violate their Hippocratic oath to do no harm without mentioning the oath forbids abortions.

What is "vaccines decency"? Punishing people who don't want to surrender their bodily autonomy and prefer to rely on natural immunity? Could have sworn you claimed to be against that somewhere.

6. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your hubris knows no bounds.

https://news.yahoo.com/south-carolina-state-sen-katrina-183806175.html

Katrina Shealy is much more eloquent in verbalizing my thoughts. Even though she is a Republican, I’m sure you will find fault in her thoughts because you aren’t actually interested in helping people, you are interested in controlling them.

As for vaccines, why haven’t you been on this before Covid? Vaccines aren’t new and have been required to be a member of society since their discovery was proven to be beneficial.

I’ll answer for you, it’s another wedge your party is using to tear apart our society. Interesting that most all of your elected officials have been vaccinated yet they preach against them.

7. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see anyone taking down or covering up the Iron Front, Trans Kids, or any other banners.

You're just being contrarian at this point, for some reason, which is more annoying than your opposing political views.

8. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The only banner I've ever tried to take down was from those cvnts from Shitcago in the old stadium. I am up for a challenge though!

9. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Not sure why you're addressing me about abortion. I've said previously that I'm fine with letting women get abortions for any reason during the first trimester and for protecting the mother's health thereafter. That's a pretty middle of the road position.

Regarding vaccines, the ones required for kids to go to school have been around for many years and are well understood. That wasn't the case with the covid vaccines which only had emergency approval. I'm so old I can remember being told by prominent doctors and government officials that the covid vaccines would prevent someone from catching or spreading covid. Those claims turned out to be wildly overstated. The vaccines do reduce the chances of a case of covid developing into more serious illness so they have benefits but they also don't seem to be as effective as acquired immunity. That's exactly the sort of situation where we ought to let people decide for themselves. I also don't have any objection to other people deciding not to vaccinate their kids for MMR or whatever. In my view, those vaccines are safe but they can decide for themselves if it's worth it. Apparently most kids don't get a polio vaccination these days and it's returned, perhaps due to a vaccination.

10. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unrestrained Id.