Pre-match: Poland v Ukraine 08.20.08 [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by johnmatrix, Aug 7, 2008.

1. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Kadra Polski na mecz z Ukrainą:

Bramkarze: Artur Boruc (Celtic FC, Szkocja), Łukasz Fabiański (Arsenal FC, Anglia).

Obrońcy: Paweł Golański (Steaua Bukareszt, Rumunia), Adam Kokoszka (Empoli FC, Włochy), Michał Żewłakow (Olympiakós SFP, Grecja), Grzegorz Bronowicki (FK Crvena zvezda, Serbia), Marcin Kowalczyk (Dinamo Moskwa, Rosja), Piotr Polczak (Cracovia).

Pomocnicy: Mariusz Lewandowski (Szachtar Donieck, Ukraina), Dariusz Dudka (AJ Auxerre, Francja), Rafał Murawski (Lech Poznań), Jacek Krzynówek (VfL Wolfsburg, Niemcy), Jakub Błaszczykowski (BV Borussia 1909, Niemcy), Radosław Majewski (Polonia Warszawa), Roger (Legia Warszawa).

Napastnicy: Ireneusz Jeleń (AJ Auxerre, Francja), Szymon Pawłowski (Zagłębie Lubin), Łukasz Piszczek (Hertha BSC Berlin, Niemcy), Euzebiusz Smolarek (Real Racing Club de Santander, Hiszpania).

Rezerwowi: Sebastian Przyrowski (Polonia Warszawa), Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (Lech Poznań), Tomasz Jodłowiec (Polonia Warszawa), Tomasz Bandrowski (Lech Poznań), Sławomir Peszko (Lech Poznań), Tomasz Zahorski (Górnik Zabrze).

2. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    good to see Jelen getting another shot

and i sure hope that Zurawski's absence will become more commonplace

oh, and i sure hope that Roger and Jakub B. get to know each other very well out there on the field!

3. TFC FAN

TFC FAN New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I don't understand why Janczyk is continously left off the squad? From watching him in Toronto he plays tough and with energy, creates plays and at least he can score on the breakaways. I think I read somewhere that he has been playing regularly in Moscow this year.

I think its time to slowly start bringing him up.
    I just don't understand.

On the bright side at least Zurawski is gone.

4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you focking kidding me? he doesn't start for Moscow, he hasn't even made the bench on some match days even for CSKA Moscow. he is in a horrid position right now and he definitely stunted his growth with the move to CSKA... he is getting playing time with the CSKA Moscow youth team... NOT the senior squad :cool: Janczyk doesn't deserve to be called up, not yet at least... Zahorski and Lewandowski should have more serious looks than Janczyk

5. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I like this squad. Add the Wisla players (Brozeks - both of them) and it's a big step in the right direction. But since this is only a friendly, I too would like to see Janczyk, even if only in camp, not necessarily on the pitch.

6. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Kadra Ukrainy na mecz z Polską:

Bramkarze: Andrij Pjatow (Szachtar Donieck), Wjaczesław Kernozenko (Dnipro Dniepropietrowsk), Ołeksandr Szowkowskyj (Dynamo Kijów).

Obrońcy: Wjaczesław Szewczuk, Dmytro Czyhrynskyj, Ołeksandr Kuczer (wszyscy Szachtar Donieck), Taras Mychałyk, Andrij Nesmacznyj (obaj Dynamo Kijów), Hryhorij Jarmasz (Worskła Połtawa), Witalij Mandziuk (Arsenał Kijów), Andrij Rusoł (Dnipro Dniepropietrowsk).

Pomocnicy: Maksym Kałynyczenko, Serhij Nazarenko (obaj Dnipro Dniepropietrowsk), Denys Hołajdo (Tawrija Symferopol), Ołeksij Haj (Szachtar Donieck), Anatolij Tymoszczuk (Zienit Sankt Petersburg, Rosja), Jewhen Łewczenko (FC Groningen, Holandia), Serhij Krawczenko (Worskła Połtawa).

Napastnicy: Andrij Woronin (Liverpool FC, Anglia), Andrij Szewczenko (Chelsea FC, Anglia), Wołodymyr Homeniuk (Tawrija Symferopol), Jewhen Sełezniow (Szachtar Donieck), Artem Miłewskyj (Dynamo Kijów).

7. Ukrainesheva

Ukrainesheva New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This should be an interesting match, and I hope ukraine wins so I can rub it in the face off all the poles in this forum

8. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... as the trolls come out of the woodwork :p

don't you have something better to do with your life? like stay in the ukraine part of the forums... that does exist doesn't it? :p

9. Ukrainesheva

Ukrainesheva New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yeah we have the longest forum name on this whole and we share it with the russian, belarusians(although I don't think there are any) and other FSU states.

Also I don't mean to offend I have complete respect for poles and I really happy that we are hosting the Euro Cup together, I just wanted a little friendly comrodary.

10. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so then why would you "rub it in the face off all the poles in this forum" if none of us have gone out of our way to stick it to you or your fellow Ukrainians? :cool: its a friendly, we are trying out options in preparation for World Cup qualifying so we have a better idea who should and who shouldn't be tried out. this isn't the be all, end all this one match :p this isn't exactly bragging rights or whatever you want to call it

11. Ukrainesheva

Ukrainesheva New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There is some rivalry in it cause come on ukraine poland are neighbors and they are cohosting the Euros and they do a have an up and down history togehter.

But the coaches are just going to play it like a friendly too and ukraine will try out young players too and get ready for WC qualyfing, but really I didn't mean too offend I just wanted a friendly rivalry

12. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you completely contradict yourself in this post... first you say its a rivalry but then you say exactly what i say that everyone will associate it just as a friendly to try things out. both Ukraine and Poland are neighbors correct, but just because they both have decent sides it doesn't equal "big rivalry"... Slovakia and Poland don't have a "big rivalry" and are neighbors... heck when we beat the Czech Republic this spring before the Euro 2-0 did we rub it in the face of the Czech Republic? no... and they are a neighbor too that is even better than Ukraine in terms of footballing :cool:

with that said, i can understand why you'd want a friendly rivalry

13. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So..who saw the game?
    Let me just say that I did not, and I just saw the highlights (lowlights really) of the match....

I like the squad but the tactics, albeit experimental, were truly horrid....
    from the reports I read, Jelen was dissapointing and I hope that Leo doesn't, for one, exclude from future matches, and second, doesn't play him up top alone...

for all this Janczyk talk....I am not sure what warrants a call up

interestingly enough...i am not sure why Rafal Grzelak doesn't get a mention as I think he would be a suitable replacement for Krzyniu whose days are woefully numbered....perhaps not a starter but a reserve...
    i would have liked to see Roger on the left wing, with Lewan, kuba on the right wing, and murawski assuming defensive/offensive duties and
    smolarek and jelen uptop for 60 minutes...

Majewski is coming on a strong...seems like a very level lad and determined to have a strong career....
    question?..can we have Majewski, Roger, Lewan, and Kuba play at the same time?

14. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i watched the match, Jelen actually was pretty good. i think he could do a good job replacing Krzynowek off on the left. Jelen had a solid game. some bright spots in yesterday's match were Fabianski and Majewski. every one could improve regardless though. a lot of it had to deal with the 3-5-2 formation. Leo had something good in the 4-5-1 and i liked it a lot. but by switching to 3-5-2 it exposed our already suspect backline. with 3 backs they MUST stay home whereas 4 they do not. Kowa looked like crap in the back, but our backline will look better with Bronowicki and Golanski on the wings. pretty much with the 3-5-2 i think Golanski and Krzynowek were the outside mids that were relied on to drop back and if Ukraine got by them one of the CB's would get out of position and it'd open up holes in our backline.

Leo messed around with a formation and it didn't work out, i don't think he'll try it again. i think if we have Smolarek up top, Roger behind, Jelen on the left flank and Kuba on the right, with Lewandowski and Dudka as our DM in the middle, we should be fine. if we keep Krzynowek around then put him out there in front of Jelen.

ALSO, some of our guys are open to moving around like Majewski, Roger, Smolarek... but there are some guys like Krzynowek and Kuba that sort of stick to their sides and barely seem to go to the middle. we need them to be willing to move around and fill in open spaces when need be instead of sticking to their designated position or side of the pitch. if we could do that then our attack is less predictable and we will be more potent.

with that said, we will not be world beaters... but if we figure things out we could feasibly take 2nd out of our WC qualifying group. Czech Republic easily handled England AT WEMBLEY, they are going to be one tough side... in my opinion they could be considered like Portugal from our Euro qualifying group, BUT in my opinion the Czech side is better than Portugal because unlike the Portuguese the Czech at least have some strikers up top whereas Portugal do not, AND more importantly Czech backline isn't made up of a bunch of weak pu$$y b!tches like Portugal that would get manhandled at times. the Czech backline is very strong with Jankulovski, Rozenhal, Ujfalusi, and Grygera with a pretty damn good keeper in Cech behind them. Northern Ireland's side seems to be on the rise and will give us some trouble, and Slovakia could as well. we need to make sure we get all points from Slovenia and San Marino, that is very important. i think 2nd in this group is possible, anything more would be an utter surprise :cool:

15. Ukrainesheva

Ukrainesheva New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yeah I saw the match too and I won't rub it into poland's face. But I will say that I expected more from Ukraine and thought they put out a weird lineup puting out guys that have never played for the team. But it wasn't that great of a match to watch but I did really like Kravechenko's goal.

16. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was a weird match for both of us, thankfully no one was injured before qualifiers :cool:

17. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    What's the deal with Boruc, Dudka and Majewski getting caught at some kind of a heavy drinking party after the match and getting kicked off the team, maybe forever? Is this for real?

18. Ukrainesheva

Ukrainesheva New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Hey they were probbaly just soaking in the beauty and culture of the lovely ukrainian of lviv which has strong polish roots and along the way tried some traditonal ukrainian vodka and in ukrainain tradition got dead drunk.

19. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes its for real, supposedly the reports were that they would be punished and miss the Slovenia AND San Marino matches, and their punishment could be longer. it sort of sucks because Boruc and Leo haven't been on the best of terms together anyways, the only thing i can say is luckily we have Fabianski still. Dudka will be a bit tougher to replace in that other DM role, and Majewski although is an up and coming playmaker he is still just a substitute role. so it won't be too big of a hit, hopefully these punishments won't be longer, because it could be for some of them. fock, just look at Jelen... he skipped one match and was kicked off the team for 2 years :eek:

20. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can you mention ukrainian anymore in one post? :p:p:p

21. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I think that honestly Boruc could be a big loss. I don't know as much about Dudka and Majewski.

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    of course, thats obvious

23. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Didn't know if everyone agreed ;) while we do have some good keepers in our ranks, think Boruc was always a key part of the team and I'm going to miss him. Well hopefullly it won't kill us :D. I think we're on a good road to improvement and while it'll be tougher, we can keep getting better even without him around for a little while.

24. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this needs to be handled better, Boruc is a leader... if Leo punishes him too harshly, there are guys that are more loyal to Boruc than Leo in that side. Leo will end up losing his job because of this sh!t, like i said Leo needs to handle this better than he currently is. i don't care if Boruc gets punished, but not like this