Poland v Slovenia 09.06 and San Marino 09.11 [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by marek, Aug 26, 2008.

1. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Obroncy: Maciej Kowalczyk, Seweryn Gancarczyk, Michal Zewlakow, Marcin Wasilewski, Piotr Polczak, Wojciech Wojtkowiak, Bartosz Bosacki, Mariusz Jop

Pomocnicy: Jakub Blaszczykowski, Jacek Krzynówek, Mariusz Lewandowski, Tomasz Bandrowski, Rafal Murawski, Rafal Boguski, Roger, Wojciech Lobodzinski,

Napastnicy: Euzebiusz Smolarek, Lukasz Piszczek, Robert Lewandowski, Pawel Brozek

2. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Poland v San Marino & Slovenia (Sept 6&11)

It's precisely what I feared last week after the match versus Ukraine....no Jelen now....
    not sure why Leo doesn't see him in the team...for a player of his caliber - Leo has to "work around him".....be a little bit more amenable.....

3. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

Slovenia NT squad:

GK: Samir Handanovič (Udinese Calcio, Włochy), Aleksander Šeliga (NK Publikum (Celje)).

DF: Boštjan Cesar (Olympique de Marseille, Francja), Luka Elsner (NK Domžale), Branko Ilič (Real Betis Balompié, Hiszpania), Bojan Jokič (FC Sochaux-Montbéliard, Francja), Mitja Mörec (CSKA Sofia, Bułgaria), Marko Šuler (KAA Gent, Belgia).

MF: Valter Birsa (FC Sochaux-Montbéliard, Francja), Mišo Brečko (1.FC Köln, Niemcy), Andrej Komac (Djurgårdens IF, Szwecja), Robert Koren (West Bromwich Albion FC, Anglia), Andraž Kirm (NK Domžale), Darjan Matič (NK Interblock (Ljubljana)), Luka Žinko (NK Domžale), Anton Žlogar (AS Omónia Lefkossías, Cypr).

ST: Zlatko Dedič (Frosinone Calcio, Włochy), Zlatan Ljubijankič (KAA Gent, Belgia), Mirnes Šišič (Olympiakós SFP, Grecja), Milivoje Novakovič (1.FC Köln, Niemcy).

4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i don't see Jelen being back in our NT anytime soon with the mouthing off after not being invited to these two internationals.

5. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland

Striker Marek Saganowski has been additionally called up, because it's not sure if Pawel Brozek will be fit for game against Slovenia on Saturday.

Media predict that Lech Poznan's forward Robert Lewandowski may be lone striker if Brozek will not be fit. In my opinion, Leo will rather consider young forward as a potential substitute. So i expect Saganowski or Smolarek to start up front.

I think that Poland will start in following line-up: Lukasz Fabianski - Marcin Wasilewski, Michal Zewlakow, Bartosz Bosacki, Seweryn Gancarczyk - Mariusz Lewandowski, Tomasz Bandrowski - Jakub Blaszczykowski, Roger Guerreiro, Jacek Krzynowek - Euzebiusz Smolarek.

6. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Robert Lewandowski seems like the silkiest, most talented striker we've had in a long time. if he doesn't start now, i don't see Leo giving him the chance during our big matches against Czech, Slovakia, or Northern Ireland... so he'll probably have to wait a while :(

7. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland

Even at Lech Poznan Lewandowski usually starts from the bench so I don't think he is ready for 90 minutes at international level. With his flair and technique, I see him perfect sollution for last 30 minutes.

8. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i think it was partly his transfer from a lower league to the EK... and with that comes some sort of uncertainty what he can truly bring to the table. but it appears he is producing AND the way he is producing is lethal, something we haven't seen in Poland in a while. you nailed it right on the head with his flair and technique, and being a perfect solution. but at the same point in time, what do we have to lose with Zurawski being long gone, Smolarek needs to figure out what the fock is going on, Jelen seems to know how to p!ss off Leo, Matusiak's ego got the best of his lazy a$$ and he retired for the time being, the list can go on and on where no one seems quite right up top for Poland. with Pawel it brings the constant starter and the tallies on the score sheet BUT he lacks the lethal finishing. Pawel gets the job done for us at Wisla but he blows a lot of chances to. Robert seems to make the most out of his chances and even scores goals that there were minimal if no opportunity to score. he has the potential to be a whole other class of striker we haven't seen in a while.

personally i like the fact we will see change. whether it is Pawel and/or Robert, i don't care... i'm happy for the simple principle Leo is moving on and not picking the "name" or the "typical" older player like Zurawski anymore :cool:

9. PoznaniakPS

PoznaniakPS New Member

Aug 27, 2007

Naw...he hasn't started from the bench in last couple of games. I agree though, he will prolly start from bench against San Marino.

Again, Bandrowski > Murawski but I think Murawski will start.

10. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i agree, but Murawski has that experience which like you said will probably earn him that start... i wish Kaz was starting at Derby or wherever the fock he transferred to in England... he was a pretty good holding/defensive mid that showed some potential. unfortunately he is like many Poles that make terrible career moves/decisions :(

11. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

here we go, WC2010 campaign is about to get underway. hoping for a solid win, after a very disappointing summer

Poland v Slovenia 06/09/08 17:00 Wroclaw
    San Marino v Poland 10/09/08 20:30 Serravalle

12. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

Fabiański - Wasilewski, Żewłakow, Bosacki, Kowalczyk - Błaszczykowski, Lewandowski, Murawski, Krzynówek - Roger - Piszczek

13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6 midfielders? interesting... i'm sort of disappointed that there is no Lewandowski up top since i knew Brozek wouldn't be ready fitness-wise :(

14. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

still chance he will come in off the bench in 2nd half, depending on how the first half goes.

15. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

Smolarek?

16. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

No, i was thinking R Lewandowski, though Smolarek is the more likely sub in.

Slovenia NT
    Handanović - Brecko, Suler, Cesar, Ilić - Sisić, Komac, Koren, Kirm - Dedić, Novaković

17. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

11' Z. Dedic (Caution)

18. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    questionable penalty... but i'll take the goal regardless :)

19. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Brama !! yeah i only argue when its called for the other side
    17' Poland 1-0 Slovenia

20. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roger and Kuba gangbangin Slovenia's LB... they are working well early on that right flank.

21. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    so far we pwn them, hopefully score one or two more soon, before they get their sheet together and put this one in the W column.

22. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    damn
    35' Poland 1-1 Slovenia

23. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005