Poland v Israel [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Legia_az_do_smierci, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Legia_az_do_smierci

Legia_az_do_smierci New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    the game starts in one and a half hour. any predictions?

2. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ
    With most of our regular starters we should be able to grab a 2-0 victory.
    Frankowski and Krzynowek to score.

3. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    yep either 2-0 or 3-1 imho. we'll see

4. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    2:0 is my prediction as well. I doubt that Isreali strikers can trouble Boruc. THe key question is, I guess, whether the Israeli defense will play as well as they did against the Ukraine.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Israel is a good side. I am going to guess it will be 1-1 or perhaps Poland will sneak out a 1-0 win. I expect the match to be hottly contested.

6. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    40th minte. 1-1. Poland plays in 10 after a red card has been shown to Boruc. Przyrowski lets in a free kick just after

edit: 47th minute 2-1 israel :mad: wtf przyrowski is doing in this team???? :eek:

edit2: 15 to go red card israel and 2:2 rasiak as i write it!!!! YEAAAAAH!!

edit3: 89th 3-2 Poland!! Rasiak strikes again!!

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Did it end 3-2? I have been wondering why Rasiak has not been getting more first team action for Poland. I guess with Zurawski and Frankowski in the mix, it is tough for Rasiak, but it is nice to know that he can play at the highest international level.

On a side note, I just purchased my first Poland 2005-2006 Red Puma Jersey today. I can't wait to sport that puppy on October 12th at an England bar here in Chicago!!! I may not come out alive if Poland beats them.

8. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland

yep it ended like that. they're being decorated right now. as for Rasiak he didnt score much for the NT before and as you've said already its tough with Zurawski and Frankowski out in front.

why did you buy a polish jersey? have any polish connections? :)
    p.s. i doubt if we can win it but if we hold'em for a tie and not lose points before you better take your running shoes :) or just visit a polish pub instead of an english one ;)

9. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    hi guys

beginning of 2nd half was a nightmare. i had an impression that przyrowski simply can't move in the goal, and if israeli players will shot with accuracy, we will lose it high.

and i was nearly praying to never see again polish national team with przyrowski - jop - lewandowski triangle in backlines:)

but later something changed and they moved. that was funny rule during this game. you get red card = you lose two goals.

i am glad that rasiak scored two because so many stupid guys were still attacking him in some polish website forums, it was completely boring. now he proved he is good.

that was some good spirit in our team, what gives me bit of optimism before wc quals games.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    My fiancee is Polish. I live in the Polish area on the Northwest Side of Chicago and I have taken a liking to the Polish national team since I met her in 2002.

I might try to visit a Polish pub here in Chicago for the Austria, Wales and England matches, but I am not sure. I do not speak very much Polish and I do not want to make a fool of myself. Although, I would make up for that with my cheering the team on!

11. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    if you dont speak much polish than take your girl with you :)

12. ryankozlowski

ryankozlowski Red Card

Apr 30, 2005
    Conneaut Lake, PA
    with ireland and ukraine both struggling with isreal in recent games.
    nothing really to complain about here.. especially when janas is trying different looks throughout both games.
    this is a tough tournament to win. good result overall.
    builds confidence. i luckily didnt start watching until the 60th minute.. when Poland decided to take over the game. good timely sub of Rasiak.. the guy was just very calm in what are usual nervous stituations..

how england is falling off at the hinges.. looking forward to that game..
    hell i might even be at it.. since i will be in england this fall.

13. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    smolarek should be a starter as well as dudka. both kosowski and rzasa suck

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Perhaps I will do that.