Podolski/Schlaudraff roles

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Brandon313, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Im interested to see what Bayern fans think about Podolski and Schlaudraff....now with that amazing front two Klose/Toni.....Podolski is SURE he is not a priority striker this year, and in my opinion, they are probably too good to be riding a bench all year....do you think these new signings of Klose/Toni, will lead to Podolski or Schlaudraff seeking a transfer to a club where they will start?

just speculation!

2. Bayern.eZe

Bayern.eZe New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Just a couple weeks ago Wagner was our only fit striker, and now Klose is out again. I'm sure poldi will find some playing time ;)

With schlaudraff I don't really know, but he is versatile, so he should get in later in games quite a lot.

3. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we won't get rid of any of them... just look at what happens if Toni or Klose get injured, then we are out of luck if we sell or loan either of them. they are both needed and will both get some playing time once either become healthy/fit. Podolski will probably be more favored to brought on or used than Shlaudraff more so because we all know what Podolski can do with Klose.

4. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schlaudraff can play four different roles (RM, LM, AM, FW). Once he returns to the squad we'll have a lot more options. He's also a technically gifted player, I can imagine him fitting in well.

Podolski has a tougher job in my opinion. Toni and Klose will get a rest from time to time but basically the two are sure starters. Poldi has to improve a lot. That's a tough task for him but that's what you have to face when you want to make it at Bayern.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not only will Podolski and Shlaudraff be used when either Toni or Klose will be unavailable, but when the latter are finished with their Bayern careers, the team will only have Podolski, Schlaudraff, and Wagner. They are as much long term solutions as short term options.

6. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bingo, you nailed that right on the head mate :)

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Plus, Podolski and Schlaudraff can figure in in completely different tactics than the one Hitzfeld is using at the moment. The line up could look completley different with them on the pitch. Every top team competing on many levels needs this type of depth. They're younger than Klose and Toni and will constitute our future attacking department.

I would hate for Klose and Toni to be injured before a European semi final and all we have is Wagner. The kid has potential but I wouldn't trust him against a top European team. Poldi and Jan will get their chances. Our season is young and short, we've got plenty of games ahead of us.

8. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    :) i got ya, i was hoping maybe one of them would get bored sitting around and ask for a transfer to someone like.......Werder? lol:pfat chance

9. xevi

xevi Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Manresa, Catalunya
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    we need them. schlaudraff can play in many positions and podolski has potential. toni is 30 and klose 29. don't forget that. before to get toni i didn't like him for this reason. he will be with top form 2 years more so podolski will be important.

and is a speculation but i think that podolski will score more goals than last year for these reasons:
    1. he has been 1 year here
    2. we have more quality these years and is more easy score. look what happens with schweinsteiger. if he's around good players he plays better. the same with poldi.
    3. we saw his WC with klose or simply in any match of NT.

10. Oli the goalie

Jul 20, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Let’s just hope that Poldi and Schlaudraff are ok with their roles though. At this point (and it’s still really early), Klose and Toni appear to be the first choice strikers. If both of them manage to stay healthy, we may have trouble hanging on to Poldi and Schlaudraff.

I think that Poldi especially will want to have a fair amount of action and if he isn’t getting it, he may want to play elsewhere. I hope that OH can curb this, but it’s only natural for a player of Poldi’s potential to want to be in the starting XI. As much as we may want them to stay around…they may have other thoughts if they don’t play on a regular basis.

11. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    thats what i was thinking....i know how important to you guys they are in the long term, two to three years from now, but do you think young players with suck huge potential willw ant to stick around and wait for their chance? When they can easily start anywhere else?

12. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No one forced them to come here. Both could've picked any team in the league. They wanted the challenge (and the money), now they have to deal with it. If they run away like ************** in a year they proved they're not good enough for the big stage.

Who knows, maybe a guy like Schlaudraff is okay with not playing week in week out but still being part of a successful squad. Tarnat and Fink are prime examples. They were never really first choice but still got to play plenty of games and probably never regretted staying here so long.

If those guys aren't good enough Bayern will splash the cash again. That "developing a successful replacement for your star striker" has never worked in the past years. And don't forget we always end up signing the flavour of the season. ;) I'm sure they will be tracking Gomez's development as well.

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For sure, we will always bring in "high profile" player to play alongside one of our current players. Gomez will definetley be in the fold as will others like Helmes and Hanke quite possibly.