Plymouth Argyle

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Ottawa Green, May 28, 2010.

1. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    ARGYLE WIN

Argyle came from behind to win 2-1 last night, with goals from Noone and Rory Patterson.
    Argyle have no game this saturday as it's the 2nd round of the FA Cup and Argyle were eliminated in the 1st round.

2. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
  3. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jack.... sounds like this guy is a franchise killer rather than a savior...

you would think that the great minds at Argyle would know this guys reputation and stay away... but maybe we are desperate for cash infusion that we will take anyones money

at least we won the other day

4. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He turned up at one of our home games a while ago, according to one of our directors he just happened to be on holiday in the South West in October and just wanted to watch a game, there was nothing more to it that that. Almost no one believed that, when he turned up at our game at Oldham a week later it seemed certain something was going on. Our board must either be idiots or desperate to want that man involved in our club, he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any club.

5. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Another player left yesterday, Rory Fallon has been loaned to Ipswich, with the possibility of a permanent move in January, this came after Marcel Seip was loaned out to Charlton on monday. Argyle now have at least 6 players out on loan.

6. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winding up? is that basically pay your bills or we will fold the club?

Neil Warnock? well, i hope he still has connections that will invest in the club...

sounds like the club needs to appeal the the community for help... they do that quite often with indoor teams over here... Wichita Wings comes to mind just a public appeal for donations to save the club..

maybe its not that bad, yet.... but getting there, i hope not.

7. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Ian Holloway wasnt such a twit afterall... maybe he saw the financial writing on the wall...

what a shame if PAFC goes under... i cannot believe the club will go under...

8. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    No World Cup for England or Plymouth

or the USA

:rolleyes:

9. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UGH!! a england world cup was going to be my chance to get back to plymouth

10. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    63 days to raise millions of pounds? and avoid falling further in the league... if you hadnt been paid in november, would you stay? and im talking about the front office staff... they have bills to pay..

i hope they get this straightened out

11. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 league wins in a row.... not a bad a run

12. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the win today. I know Plymouth Argyle has had a tough run of it the last couple years but it appeared that today was a nice reprieve from all of that. Especially since PAFC hasn't played Exeter in a league game in a long while, so to win it was pretty huge. Hopefully this will be the start of the long climb back, both on the field and monetarily. I know the club desperately needed a day like today.

13. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They just need to build on it... no more of this 1 step forward and 2 steps back... hopefully 2 wins in a row will build some confidence.... you know we arent that far from a playoff spot... but we arnt that far from the drop either... need to put some points on the board...

and money in the coffers.

OH... and Ollie got a nice win today for Blackpool as well

14. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    frozen pitch again....

wow making up these games is going to be tough... and after the first of the year, arnt we going to be losing some players.. either being sold or they just leave (not sure how that works) but this could be real trouble...

on a good note.. undefeated in 2 weeks straight

16. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  17. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    ARGYLE V Notts County tuesday at 3pm game is on.

18. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Well Argyle did not lose yesterday, neither did they win. Argyle took the lead after 4 mins but quickly gave up an equaliser after 7 mins and that was the scoring for the rest of the game. A good crowd of over 9000, but conditions were poor, with all the snow disappearing with the temps rising Plymouth was shrouded in a thick fog, see pictures on GOS.

19. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a lot of people leaving Argyle... but in comes risdale.. my friend is a Leeds supporter.. i will have to ask him what his unbiased opinion is of him... BUT... if he has the bucks to savethe club.. we cannot be picky