Plymouth Argyle

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Ottawa Green, May 28, 2010.

1. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Well so much for the great joy that was around after the victory over Sheff Wed. we are now back to the gloom and doom after another home defeat to Brighton.
    Basically the same lineup except for Seip replacing the suspended Bondz N'Gala.
    On to Rochdale for next game.

2. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Rochdale 1 Argyle 1, scoring for Argyle Bradley Wright-Phillips, Argyle led 1-0 at HT, sat back start of 2nd half gave up the equalizer, and were hanging on but finished the stronger of the 2 teams at the end.

They say draw away and win at home and you are guaranteed promotion, we have 5 points from 4 away games and 4 points from 4 home games, no promotion there.
    Next game Swindon away tuesday.

3. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think we deserved to win that, we were easily the better side until they scored and it was roughly equal afterwards. Still, a point away from home isn't a terrible result, if only we could win at home. We'll have to be better than that to beat Swindon though I think, we didn't look anything more than a very average side today.

4. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Last minute winners ae brilliant, there's almost nothing better. We started the game well and we're 2-0 up inside 10 minutes and dealt with Swindon fairly comfortably until they scored. After that though it wasn't as good, Swindon looked more dangerous and although we coped fairly well with their long balls into the box we always just hoofed the field as soon as we'd won it, usually losing possesion and letting them come at us again. Once they scored their second I was sure they'd go on to win it but then they had a man sent off and we looked a little better, we were far from dominant but did at least look moe like scoring. Once Johnson was sent off I thought that would beit, we'd have to settle for a point but then Bradley Wright-Phillips scored right at the end to win us the game, it was fantastic.

5. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ed.... feels good to steal 3 points.. instead of settling for 1.... but to be up 2 goals and almost tie... that wouldve been horrible...

but... a win in this game, a tie in the last? not bad...

6. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Great win and it was deja vu, as exactly the same thing happened the last time Argyle played Swindon, up 2-0, Swindon tied it up in the 90th minute only for Argyle to go back the other end Marino Keith cored the winner, hence the chant was heard again last night from the Swindon fans you were 2-0 up and you F***** it up, only for the Argyle fans to reply you were 2-2 and you F***** it up
    Argyle are playing well away now 8 points from 5 games, but we have to improve the home form 4 points from 4 games is not good enough.

7. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well there you go.. live by the last minute goal.. die by the last minute goal... jeez.. at home too.... man, how are you ever going to get back up, if you give up late goals and full 3 points at home.... man that is frustrating.

8. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  9. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how in the hell can we score to take the lead in the 82nd minute, only to give up a goal in the 90th minute AT HOME!!!!! are you serious????

we should have packed the defense in for the last 10 min, 10 behind the ball for christ sake.... we basically dropped 2 points at home...

the fans have to be pissed off.... i would be... giving up a late late goal when we have the lead... unexcuseable!!!

10. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Argyle on it's last legs? Administration maybe?

11. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so... whats that mean??? in a nutshell?

12. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    another in the loss column.... 2 to 0.... i think 3 spots above relegation TO THE 4TH DIVSION.. amazing ... only a couple of years ago Ian Holloway was talking about a playoff spot, and we were 2 wins away from an FA Cup final.

perhaps he could see the writing on the wall way back when....

i hope Argyle can turn it around, but with all the bad press about finances, if i were a player, it would make me think twice about coming to Plymouth

13. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Normally if a team goes into administration and it can survive then they get deducted points i think usually between 10-15 points, that is what happened with Portsmouth and Southampton. i think it depends when they go into administration, Southampton went into admin a couple of years ago and they started the season at -10 points i think.

14. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a 2 2 1 win over the weekend.. will take that for sure... and it was at home.. thats surprising!!!

3 points is 3 points... but a long way to go!!

15. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Yes good win, how come we play well against the better teams, but struggle against the lower teams.
    Peter Reid took a big risk in making 6 changes for this game including a 18 yearold loanee from Chelsea who arrived the night before and did not know any of the players, had not practised with them and played the whole game and did very well.
    Changes Button returned suprisingly from his injury, Fallon played the whole game and Connor Clifford the loanee played in place of injured captain Fletcher.
    Also suprisingly missing even from the bench was Seip, Timar, Maclean, Clark, being replaced by youngsters Nelson, Mason, Stephens, Parrett.

So can we make it 2 in a row.

16. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  17. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Well what can we say about todays game

1. down 1-0 after 5 mins and down to 10 players
    2. tied 1-1 after 7 mins
    3. down to 9 players after 43 mins
    4. leading 2-1 after 48 mins.
    5 tied 2-2 after 66 mins
    6. down 3-2 after 90 + 2 mins
    7. down 4-2 after 90 + 3 mins

Scoring for Argyle Noone and Bradley Wright Phillips
    sent off foe Argyle Bondz N'Gala and Arnason, both for the 2nd time this season so will get 4 game suspensions.
    Next game tuesday.

18. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ugh... well... it tells me they can play.. they take the lead with 10 men... the 2 goals at the death are what kills me... every time....

19. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well... what a difference a few days make... 3 2 1 winners... we move from the drop zone to several spots above the drop.... feeling a bit better... and i know we have a game already played... but ya gotta figure the teams below us wont all win..

and we took 3 points from a team above us.... lets hope we build on this...

ah if BWP where healthy last year.... would we still be in the championship?

20. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    No comment on last saturdays 4-0 defeat at home to Swindon.

Hopefully they turn things around tonight against Exeter.

21. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    play well, play like shit, hopefully next game is a play well....

22. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Argyle update, 2 players have left Parrett has had his loan deal cancelled and gone back to Tottenham, this was after he was sent off against Swindon.
    Steve Maclean has gone on a one month loan to Oxford.

Argyle are having 2 players from the New England Revolution training with them for the next 10 days http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/schilawski-shuttleworth-depart-plymouth-stint?, this is not a trial or anything part of the deal when Mariner left them to coach Argyle was that when the MLS season ended some of their players would go to Argyle for some training.

Tranmere tomorrow i wonder which team will show up.

23. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    another 1 to 0 loss to a team right around us... we HAVE to win those games and HOPE to steal a point from the top half of the table when we play them...

losing ground is frustrating.... 1 position above the drop is scary.... we should nickname our team Icarus.. we soared so high up from lower levels, only to crash back down in the same time frame... i guess one good thing to look at, you can be dropped mid season....

Come on Argyle!!! put it together!!!

24. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  25. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    down 2 2 1.... at home... with about 15 to go.... so frustrating this year...