Plymouth Argyle

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Ottawa Green, May 28, 2010.

1. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    This is not where we belong, but unfortunately we are, hopefully not for long.

2. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    our new home...

3. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  4. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  5. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    will all this help us play better?

6. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you getting a Rugby League semi pro team in Plymouth ?

Wishing you a quick return up the leagues.

7. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barro...

i think plymouth already has a rugby team "Plymouth Albion".... not sure if they are going to share the grounds with Argyle though... hope not...

8. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    I think the idea of the rugby at Home Park is re exhibition rugby games, like the Barbarians, yes Plymouth Albion is in Plymouth but they have there own stadium, but it is a possibility in the future. If you look at the latest set of pictures taken today on GOS you can see they are putting in the spots for the rugby posts. http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/randomdisplays/pitch1009/1/index.asp

Still no manager, but we did resign Romain Larieu for 2 more years. http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2067483,00.html

9. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good news that Romain's signed his new deal, he will be one of the better keepers in League One and he's my favourite current play by miles. I did notice that in the article on the official site it said that one of the reasons he's not signed earlier was that he was waiting to find out who the new manager was, perhaps one has now been appointed and he knows who it is, if so we should find out soon.

10. USA_Soccer

USA_Soccer New Member

May 27, 2010
    Bound Brook, NJ
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers for the update Ottowa.

Haven't been on PASOTI for a few days so it's quite refreshing to see Argyle news elsewhere.

Looks like a good signing Patterson, hopefully he can continue his impressive record with the Green Army.

Any further developments on the manager situation? I must of read 40 names "linked" with the job so not really paying much attention until I hear some solid evidence

Hoping for a swift return to the Championship.

11. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA Soccer - thanks for stopping by this thread... we need all the input we can regarding Argyle... seemed we didnt get much in the championship, im sure even less press in L1...

yes, a new manager is the news i have been waiting for... along with when are they going to finish off the remaining section of Home Park... leaving that one grand stand there looks like a club thats run out of money... uh wait a sec

12. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. Devonportender

Devonportender New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Don't know if it's been mentioned already buy hot on the heals of the disaster that was Kenny Cooper Argyle are giving trials to 2 more Americans. Anton Peterlin & Cody Arnoux, both recently had a year at premiership Everton but have not been kept on.

14. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not heard of either of those two... speaking of Kenny Cooper... with all the press that the USA team had been getting, people are starting to think about 2014 WC team... Cooper is mentioned as a possible striker on that team.:cool:

15. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    It looks like Kenny Cooper will not be playing football for awhile and when he does it might be back in the USA

Taken from todays Western Morning News.

16. KHowe

KHowe Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Western MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    MLS ? Poor guy...

17. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  18. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ed... what dont you like about it... i think the shadow stripe green looks cool... the white away jersey is very white, but i didnt see much change from last years.... keeper jersey is bright yellow... i always like a yellow keeper jersey...

i think they look cool.... in the video, is adidas prominent enough for you?

19. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't like the design of it or stripes in two shades of green but I also don't think an Argyle shirt should have two shades of green on, doesn't look right to me. It's getting mixed reviews on Pasoti but more people seem to like it than dislike it. I'll probably get used to it.

20. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  21. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Also since Peter Reid took over Argyle have transferred Barnes to Brighton and released Gow, and loaned Walton to Sheff U for season loan, so we made some money on Barnes and got rid of 2 of the trouble makers. We still have way to many players, so expect some more to be released or loaned out. Problem is who would have them, yet today Maclean and Seip who are the 2 most likely to leave were 2 of the better players on the field, and if it was possible to get these 2 turned around and actually want to play for Argyle they could end up being 2 of our best players and could be treated as having 2 new talented players as they did'nt really play for us last year.
    We now have 3 Americans on trial and there is a stong rumour that we may get a Japanese international, see rumours on Pasoti.

22. fatsand

fatsand New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    thanks for barnes!

23. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    It's not getting any better, Argyle lost 3-1 to Torquay last night, they got off to a good start with a goal through Noone, but after goalie Larrieu went off with a back sprain, Argyle's only goalie last night was Freddy Hall a trialist from Bermuda, (one of the top goalies in US college) and his first touch of the ball was picking it out of the back of the net. Argyle released one of the US trialists after the Truro game, the other 2 played again last night.
    Next game is on saturday in Holland as Argyle go there for a weeks training and 3 games.
    One of the players Argyle thought they had got rid of Simon Walton is back with Argyle after he injured his knee playing for Sheffield and is probably out for the season.

24. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    One in and one out, the one in is an old face returning to the scene Tony Capaldi who left Argyle a few years ago for Cardiff, and the one out is Chris Barker, bit of a suprise really in both cases.
    Capaldi walked out on Argyle, and then caused internal strife after he allegedly told everyone how much more he was making after leaving Argyle, but now he maybe back making alot less if he signs on, but he is going on the Holland tour
    Chris Barker has been told by the manager that he has no future with Argyle and will be released/payed off.
    Freddy Hall the Bermuda goalie is going on the Holland tour, and good news as far as Argyle are concerned Sheff U will be picking up all the expenses re Simaon Walton even though he only lasted 25 minutes before he suffered a season ending injury, ACL i think.

25. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa