Plymouth Argyle - Home Park Heros

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by JacksonJazz#9, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was quite hostile, there was a fair amount of booing and anti-Holloway chants but nothing too bad.

We need a goalscorer, we have all season and it was painfully obvious today. We had the chances in the first half to be 2 or 3 up, if we'd had a decent striker we would have been but those chances weren't taken. Blackpool were much better in the second half and were desering winners.

With a good striker this team is good enough to win promotion back out of League One. The board will have to spend money to bring in a striker and to continue paying the high wages of our better players, that's what it'll take to bounce back. Unfortunately though I can't see that happening, the club's losing money and there are a few of our players that I don't think will be happy at a lower level, unless the board invest a lot of their own cash I don't think we'll do any better than midtable next year as we're forced to slowly rebuild.

2. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES!!!!! we steal a win in the 90th minute ON THE ROAD!!!!... beating Doncaster who were for sure counting on 3 points from us!!!!

4 pointS from safety!!!! WOW.... good win for us today..

Cooper in in the 81st minute....

all i can say is WOW

3. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    JJ i was able to watch this game on the net, unfortunately did'nt find out about the stream until just before the game started.
    Yes Argyle won but i think they can count thrmselves lucky, again David Stockdale was a key player for Argyle making some good saves.
    Argyle caught Doncaster at the right time, their leading goalscorer was injured and a virus went through the team and they only dressed 5 subs instead of 7.
    Doncaster are a good footballing team neat passes intelligent play but they lacked a finishing touch, stats from the game, we were outshot 19-7, out cornered 7-1, but the key thing is we outscored them. Kenny Cooper came on and played out on the right for last 10 mins, he did'nt play badly, looked better than before, but he needs a goal to boost his confidence.

Next game monday afternoon home to Middlesboro.

4. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    glad to see plymouth win today, they really needed it too. I hope they stay up this year, but they have a tough schedule coming up with their remaining fixtures.

5. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    also im surprised plymouth doesn't have their own thread by now, im sure the moderators see that this thread gets a lot of post

6. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OG..... you know.. a win is a win... i dont care if they whole team was puking on the field.. we won... we need every win we can get... that keeper Stockdale seems like a great loan signing.... when we lose, we usually only lose by 1 goal.. he seems to be keeping us in the games..

Wingman... i think this thread fly so far under the radar.. there are only about 3 of us that are regular posters.. so im sure the mod's dont even know we are around...

hope to fix that though.... hope we stay up... tough schedule, but 3 of 5 remaining games are at home... and we finish with peterborough... if we need 3 on the last day, that should be the team to get them from..

what about the schedule of the team above us, do they have a tough schedule?

7. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    JJ your wish is my command

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
    5 Apr, 15:00 Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City
    10 Apr, 15:00 Middlesbrough v Sheffield Wednesday
    18 Apr, 13:00 Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United
    24 Apr, 15:00 Cardiff City v Sheffield Wednesday
    2 May, 13:00 Sheffield Wednesday v Crystal Palace

WATFORD
    5 Apr, 15:00 Watford v West Bromwich Albion
    10 Apr, 15:00 Watford v Plymouth Argyle
    17 Apr, 15:00 Leicester City v Watford
    20 Apr, 20:00 Queens Park Rangers v Watford
    24 Apr, 15:00 Watford v Reading
    2 May, 13:00 Coventry City v Watford Championship

CRYSTAL PALACE
    5 Apr, 15:00 Crystal Palace v Preston North End
    10 Apr, 15:00 Crystal Palace v Queens Park Rangers
    17 Apr, 15:00 Derby County v Crystal Palace
    26 Apr, 20:00 Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion
    2 May, 13:00 Sheffield Wednesday v Crystal Palace

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
    5 Apr, 15:00 Plymouth Argyle v Middlesbrough
    10 Apr, 15:00 Watford v Plymouth Argyle
    19 Apr, 19:45 Plymouth Argyle v Newcastle United
    24 Apr, 15:00 Nottingham Forest v Plymouth Argyle
    2 May, 13:00 Plymouth Argyle v Peterborough

8. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Huge win, keeps us in the fight. To stay up we'll probably have to win against Middlesbrough and Peterborough at home at Watford away, three wins might well be enough. We're very unlikely to get anything against Newcastle at home or Forest away, although it might be possible if Forest are not able to go up automatically by the tmie we play them that they'll rest players for the play-offs but it's far from certain. At least it makes the end of season very exciting.

9. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if Newcastle is promoted already by the time they get to play us, they might just field a team of reserves against us... that would be helpful if we could steal a point... im counting on -0- points from the newcastle game, but who knows...

exciting last few games.. lets just hope we stay up

10. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We'll have to hope Newcastle or Forest rest players and give us an easy game now, we won't be able to stay up just by beating Watford and Peterborough. Judge's missed penalty could turn out to be very, very costly. Watford next, lose there and even the slim chance than still remains will be gone, they'g get away from danger and our next two games would be Newcastle and Forest, it would become impossibe. Hopefully there'll be a good turn out from the fans for this one, anything that might help us get some much needed points.

11. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Argyle 0 Midlesborough 2

Judge missed a penalty, sounded like Argyle did not have it today, Middsboro 2nd goal was scored into a empty net in last minute after Stockdale moved up into attack, and could not get back in time.
    Another nail in the coffin.

12. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how huge is April 10th game?????

if we could beat watford, and then 'castle and Forrest field reserve sides, and we beat Peterborogh, do we have a chance? possibly!!

13. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Three wins might be enough, that would mean beating one of Forest or Newcastle which will be difficult, Newcastle may be in a position to win the league when they play us, win it on live tv so I doubt they'll be playing their reserves. Forest, if they're already guarranteed a play-off spot and can't catch West Brom in second may rest players for the play-offs which wouod give us a chance but their home record is excellent, getting any kind of result there will be very tough. Wins against Watford and Peterborough will be vital but not easy, Watford are fighting for survival as well but are in terrible form, Peterborough were relegated today but, now there's no pressure on them, play better, it does often seem to happen. I don't think we can do it, if we'd won today we'd be in with a real shot but it's too much to do now, it would ba an incredible escape if it happened.

14. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 more nail in our coffin.... 1-0 loss to watford... that wouldve really helped.. would have put us 1 point from safety...

my friends, the lifeboats are filling quickly, i urge you to get a seat... i feel the Mayflower is going down.... to Division 1

16. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's over, we'd have to win every remaining game now and with Forest and Newcastle to come that will not happen.

17. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newcastle tomorrow.... is this the end? is this where we get relegated??? i hope not... if they play like their lives depend on it... we could still have a chance.

18. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  19. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well that's it, we're relegated. Even though I knew it was coming it's still feels horrible.

20. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lets finish this season off.... solidify the team on the field, off the field, in the front office, in the financial books, and lets get promoted back up.

ugh.

21. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
  22. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a fitting end to our season... 2-1 loss to peterboro.... who, by the way, are bottom of the table...

following the team in League 1 will be difficult... if you thought we didnt get much press in the CCC, what about in league 1? first, i hope we get our finances in order, 2nd i hope we come right back up...

its lonely being an Argyle supporter... and even in a lower league, less and less of us will be around...