Plug The Game On Kojo Namdi - WAMU

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TEConnor, Oct 28, 2004.

1. mosler

mosler Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Mashpee, MA
    Go Heather!!! Good call about DC United and the Freedom.

Too bad her comments are met with blank silence by the guests.

2. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well if work computer wasn't cca 1990s... :) I have radio here, just didn't want to mess up 106.7 cos it's too hard to find again.

I heard person talk about Freedom while in car tho

3. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    Not sure if anyone is still reading this, but Jon Stewart was indeed a WM alum, and the soccer team still has the Jon S. Leibowitz (or whatever his name really is) Team Clown Award.

Of course, he disowned the college for several years, but has recently reconciled.

4. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    UPDATE:

Open Phones, the second hour of Kojo Nnamdi Show, Nov. 10. CLOG THE PHONE LINES!!!! Talk up United and Poplar Point, and dis Linda Cropp and the Redskins at 800-248-8850. Start calling at about 12:58 p.m. or so.

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before you dis Linda Cropp - apparently she is much more of a soccer fan than a baseball fan and is helping get the Poplar Point site worked out for us, she was probably one of the people Kevin Payne had at the game Saturday ........ so maybe think twice about that.
    Right now she should only be an enemy of people liking corporate welfare.

6. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I QUADRUPLE agree with fatbastard. The last thing in the world that we need at this point is an overzealous and whiny group of fans calling in and blindly spewing about baseball.

If anyone decides to call in to Kojo, please do express your opinions as you see fit. However, before you decide that it would benefit "OUR CAUSE" to dis a sport or someone we may need the help of later, please consider the following basic points that I humbly put forward as good strategy for greasing wheels:

- talk up the team and how great the fans were/are
    - reiterate that the team is a big draw, selling 21,000+ tickets in a week
    - mention how the team is willing to privately fund their stadium and that, boy, shucks, galldern, wouldn't it be great to see these fans in said stadium
    - alternatively, you could call in and say you are a baseball fan who got dragged down to the soccer game on Saturday and now you're rethinking your loyalties, especially after you read that this team is going to pay their own way at Poplar Point!

HONEY. Think HONEY. Bile attracts nothing but more bile.

Tim

7. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    She might have been in group of suits that were walking around the pitch while we were hanging banners before game, they must have been out there half hour, and seemed very impressed. Hope it helped :)

8. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I heard Ms Cropp didn't make it on Sat (I think she had something else going on, it will come to me). But other gov officials there.

K

9. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    He gave the commencement address last year, and it was hilarious. I think it's still on the W&M web site if anyone is interested.

10. Primate

Primate Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm all for Linda Cropp. I know some people here want baseball in DC but personally I don't care either way and I'd rather not see DC United playing on a baseball diamond for the next three seasons.

11. InWoodbridge

InWoodbridge Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kojo,

Just read my e-mail! How cool is that. My brother and I were in the front row in section 127 an NE fan next to a United fan both hoarse and still unable to talk. Anyone have any pictures of that section (i.e., the Ralston corner kick)?

Art

12. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I ran into Kojo and Diane Vogel (the producer) at FOSE this afternoon and asked them to give DC United some love the next time they had Sporting Views.

They seemed receptive to it, though they only have 8 hours a week (DC Politics Hour and Metro Connection are the Friday shows) to work with. They also have recurring Virginia and Maryland Poltics Hours as well as The Computer Guys.

____

That being said, there is an open phones hour Wednesday from 1-2 p.m. Call in!

13. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Sporting Views, this afternoon.

Plug United!

www.wamu.org

14. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Next time this comes up, please start a new thread. I'm sick of seeing my old insane ramblings paraded around here like this all the time.

Cheers,
    Tim

15. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    I QUADRUPLELY agere with you....

:D