Pleat actually put players in the right spot for once!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by chriswalk27, Feb 11, 2004.

1. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    I can't believe I am going to say this but Pleat finally got his head out of his ass and started the right people in the right places.

King and Brown sounded pretty damn good up the middle. Both seem to be defensive minded and at times can disappear but King could fit the bill of Dmidfielder if you ask me.

As Sendo has pointed out Davies finally got to play in his natural spot and completely shined with a goal and setting up another. Jackson instead of Dalmat was a great move as the youngster shined with the most timely of goals. He also seemed to at least try and play defense which is more than Dalmat does. I think the key is to get Richards playing somewhere close to what he did two years ago and switch Doherty and Gardner in and out to keep the backline fresh. Got to admit that I might just say keep Doherty back there and let Richards and Gardner fight it out for central defense but doesn't really matter to me as long as the offside trap is better than the Man City and Portsmouth game.

Now I still think we need another midfielder with some creativity and leadership but I think our real concern is left back where Taricco is just not good enough. Now mind you he had a pretty good game tonight but that is IMO he is our weakest link on the team. Can't trust Ziege with all his injuries. Now if I was Pleat I would look at Konchesky again for his price. Anyway, this is what happens when you actually put people in the right place. Just happy to see us play pretty well.

Chris Walker

2. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Very pleased with result. Sounds like its finally coming together. Has anyone else noticed we're only 5 points off fourth?

Two wins away and we're on form.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Pleat actually put players in the right spot for once!

This should be the top 1 or 2 priorities this summer.

Yeah, noticed that. Wouldn't that be something...

4. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Re: Re: Pleat actually put players in the right spot for once!

You just jinxed us! ;)

5. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Yeah, only 5 points out of a Champions League spot is very encouraging, but, there are a lot of teams in the mix, and being behind Liverpool and especially Newcastle at this point in the season, it doesn't look like a simple 5 points. Still, good point, it is nice to see!

I'll be glad when we know who the coach is, because frankly, there are a LOT of questions I'd like to have answered, such as whether he's OK'd the incessant striker moves but not any central defenders, Dmids or left backs.

-Digital