Please Welcome The New California Governor [R]

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Topper, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it when a Democrat gets completely humiliated for showing the world what Democrats do best:

1) Tax and spend without regard for fiscal responsibility, just basically whoring for votes.

2) Being a puppet for Big Labor.

3) Running businesses into the ground with idiotic regulations/feel-good laws that are basically job-killing robots. (Job terminators?)

Basically, the people of Caleeforneeia just elected a complete novice, because it actually made sense to do so in the face of the alternative: Keeping a Governor who they already knew was crooked, incompetent boob.

We just made history folks, and it feels goooooood!

Topper

:D :D

PS: Dan, I thought you said Bustamecha was going to be our next governor?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

2. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Who cares? Since when did elections in California count?

Isn't this best 3 of 5 or something?

The Arnie recall begins now...

3. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Wishful thinking Ben.

4. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's going to happen. Hell, it already is happening. Look at the big thread for links to "Recall Arnold" websites.

Will Arnold keep his job for the full three years? Depends on the patience of the California electorate, since the state budget and economy won't be fixed in the next 12 months. But regardless, the Dems who run the Recall Arnold campaign will be very happy just making him spend another $20 million to keep his job.

5. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Recalls will be the normal state of affairs. The gang-banging ass-grabbing novice has no business running the state. I'll keep pushing for recalls until I"m satisfied, since those are the rules now. It makes no difference what the electorate thinks. Democracy is so 20th century. Time to manipulate the rules to get the result you want.

6. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Paraphrasing Geoffrey de Lusignan

If Arnold is worthy to be governor, then I am worthy to be a god.

7. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This shows the seriousness that some people took with them to the polls. Was it all a big joke? What did you really win Topper?

8. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Re: Re: Please Welcome The New California Governor [R]

Fiscal responsibility for Kalifornia.

9. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Now that Arnold is the new governor of California I'd really like to see how well he handles the state's problems.

Good luck Arnold. You will need it.

10. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Arnold will be as fiscally responsible as Bush. Which is zero. Republicans can't set a budget. They just borrow and spend.

I just saw a few more thousand dollars fly out of my wallet with this decision. Recall Arnold.

11. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Right on target.

12. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ
    As bitter as you feel, it's better to bide your time. Davis got booted because he's been unpopular for MANY years already. If you guys try to recall Arnold right away, there's no chance to vote him out, and it's much more likely to cause a backlash on Dems from the voters.

Of course, if Arnold does poorly for a year, you may be able to recall him in 2005. However, what's the point? You guys may as well concentrate on 2006.

13. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bad news for the Republicans.

This budget crisis is not going to go away in the near future. So now, there will be a hugely unpopular Republican govenor by the time Bush gets around to stumping out here next year, and in 2006 he's a sitting duck, barring a miracle or Internet redux.
    RS

14. Topper

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To quote the soon to be ex-governor of Caleeforneeia,

"This is all just sour grapes from a bunch of losers..."

Don't get me wrong, people, Governor Schwartzenneger has inherited a big ugly mess that was created in Sacramento by an all-Democrat government.

This is the same crew that planned for the internet boom-generated budget surplus to happen every year. It was the equivalent of you or I planning the family budget based on the assumption that we would win the lotto every 12 months.

But of course common sense is the first thing that you toss out the window when you follow the liberal doctrine, so when the budget lotto *mysteriosly* didn't recur, Gray Davis and his clowns merely sold bajillion$ in what is probably illegal bonds, tripled the already sky-high car tax (aka luxury tax on vehicles - - like a car is a luxury in Caleeforneeeia), and sat around and shrugged their shoulders while illegals stormed over the border to get their free grade school education, free welfare, free healthcare, free college, and now of course, their driver's lisence, so they never have to worry about being pulled over and sent back over the border, thus losing all the free stuff (that the peenchee gringos so stupidly pay for), albeit temporarily, since Cruz Bustamecha will practically drive his El Camino into Tiajuana and return them to Mexifornia, as long as they register to vote one day.

Listen, if you're a liberal, fret not, you can simply move to The People's Republik of Santa Monica, which has all the trappings of liberal paradise, including a homeless (dare I say "bums"?) population that is in the thousands, free clean needles, a "living wage" payroll burden on all of the employers who haven't left yet, and the fresh smell of the ocean breeze laced with vomit.

Topper

15. Topper

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least we now have a governor that has the balls to make a decision about fiscal management, instead of just tripling this, and borrowing that.

This is a simply a revolt against pandering, crooked government.

A lot of Democrats voted for the recall today - - can't you just admit that your guy (Davis) was clearly an incompetent, pandering, vote-chasing, stumble-footed nitwit that deserved to lose his job?

Hell, even though I'm a conservative, I was happy to see Pete Wilson leave, because he went wherever the political wind blew just to save his a$$. That's not leadership. That's Clintonianism. And people are revolting against that sh**, and once again Caleeforneeeia is setting the pace.

Topper

PS: Suck it Trebeck. HA HA HA

16. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    California is like the whore who charges herself to masturbate while bitching about the freebies for her pimp.

17. Topper

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

**golf clap**

:rolleyes:

18. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    "I admired Hitler, for instance, because he came from being a little man with almost no formal education, up to power."

Let me guess, Topper: he had you at "little man."

19. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    All I can say is this is going to be interesting.

20. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Votes for Davis: 3,363,495
    Votes for Arnold: 3,313,517

GOP-style democracy strikes again.

21. NSlander

NSlander Member

Feb 28, 2000
    LA CA
    Topper:

Sadly, your Chivas & Zima bender has taken its toll. I apologize for the edit, but what remains above is the closest I could identify as relevant content. And frankly, you were embarassing yourself.

Yes, the car tax was regressive and politically stupid. And structured by Pete Wilson. The average car tax would have risen to about $250. It also would have accounted for 4 billion dollars toward the state debt. As in soccer, destroying is much easier than creating. And I have yet to observe Arnie attempt to create anything other than a premature Oktoberfest beer-hall rebellion outside Perq's in Huntington Beach.

Securing the borders is a FEDERAL issue. Much of Davis's legislation was wrong for many reasons. But it dealt with quality of life issues after the illegals (human beings to some) had already landed here. Its amazing, albeit in a sad way, just how so many folks refuse to direct this uber-angst towards DC where it properly belongs.

CA is 19th in the nation is state and local taxation. I know you did'nt mention this, but you were about to.

Arnold is already on the clock. This recall has not only added to the state's debt, it has increased financial anxiety; California's record-low credit rating came the VERY DAY after the recall was certified. At least in the short term, the rest of the world considers us an avocado republic.

So what will Arnold do? Raise taxes or cut spending for schools? I'd love to hear what one of Arnie's Angry 30-45 y/o Anglo Army has to say, because Terminator CPC 243.4(a) hasn't yet demonstrated the 'roid depleted balls to bark a single unintelligible syllable.

And before you or some other righteously pissed mid/upper classs white male either mistakenly or intentionally confuse this as a defense of the Democratic party, raise your game. I'm a native of the best state in the greatest country known to man. The good news is Gray is gone. Now only if of you starfu****s would have thought to ask where the hell we're going before giving the keys to some random movie star.

Oops.

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Perhaps it would be fair to wait at least until he is inaugurated before we put him on the clock?

Just a suggestion.

23. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Arnold has already put himself on the clock. He said so himself.

24. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what, exactly, is going on at 1600 Pennsylvania? It certainly isn't fiscal responsibility, and those tax cuts were certainly just whoring for votes.

I've never figured out why small business owners buy the lie that Republicans look after their interests. Republicans enable the uber-corporations that are crushing small businesses nationwide.

25. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ

Dems can only blame themselves for that. It's not that small business owners buy the "lie" from Reps, but they just don't like the alternative.