Please sign someone

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by Palermo7, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Palermo7

Palermo7 New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    idk about anyone else but i think we need to sign some playeres. First off lets start off with the goalie position.

Fontana is a great goalie but lets face it, hes 40 going on 41 and how long can he play great? If we aren't going to give Agliardi a chance in goal, then i believe we should go find another one. If Zampa can put some bucks into a transfer we should go for either Curci in Roma who is dying to play first team football or Amelia at Livorno who was almost a palermo player in the summer but the deal collasped.

Defense is prob the biggest overhaul. With Barzagli and Zaccardo both wanting to go to bigger clubs we might have to deal with there departure. This is where i Believe we have to give Cassani and Rinaudo constant starts to help them get some first team football expierience. Correct me if I'am wrong but we have Dellafiore and Bovo on loan, one of those guys could defientely help us at the right back, and center back postion. Only place i think we might have to spend money on is the left back position. Haven't really watched Capuano play, but if hes not playing good we could always look around Italy and find someone to take his place.

At Midfield I don't like how the coach has 3 center mids and 2 attacking mids in front of them. I believe we need to go a lil more wider and just have two center mids with 2 wide wingers. We should try and keep Bresciano and put him as a left winger. We should then put Jankovic as a Right winger and let the kid finally play some games. In the center i like for right now Simplicio and Migliaccio. If we could pick up a good CM then we should go for it but it might cost us some money.

Since Amuari is gonna leave unless we go to Champions League we are going to have to get someone. I dont like Miccoli to much, yea hes quick and has some good free quicks but i am not much of a fan of him. Cavani is fine, hes only 20 so he should be given as much time as possible to develop. Thats why we have to get a foward that can setup Cavani for some nice goals. I heard Bianchi is available from Man City, not sure what type of player he is but he scored around 20 goals for Reggina last year and if we have a chance to get him for a reasonable price then lets go for it before someone else does.

These are just some rough outlines of what i think we should do and i wanna hear from all you other Palermo fans on how we could make our team better.

2. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

ok on the goalie issue... i agree with you on what you said there, i would like to see either one of those players for sure. i think curci would be fine and deffinately on the cheap (but you have to remember it would only be a loan)

the defense issue... i think zaccardo cant defend for his life but thats just me. i think him and barzagli will stay. and we just really need a left back (vargas from catania is great but he will be expensive)

midfield... bresciano wanted to leave last season for manchester city but the deal fell through because they couldnt pay us all at once. zampa is really interested in bringing in foggia since he always seems to mention him (i love this idea). foggia will probably replace aimo diana who seems to be on his way out as well. im not a fan of migliaccio and would like to see a better center mid in here.

forawrds... didnt we sign de melo? or whatever his name is. amauri we have until june and hes going to go to a big italian club as in milan or juventus. zampa also always likes to get replacemets for his players and sells his players in cash + player deals. so i would think we would offer amauri for gila and cash?(wouldnt want gila anyway). orrr if he goes to juve we could ask for palladino/giovinco + cash which i like too.

i actually like zampa since he is always tries to improve on what he has. i think he has the mentality of a big club owner

3. colagrosso3

colagrosso3 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Montreal
    Palermo are in the shits this year, i have high hopes and expectations for next year. Next year will be the year of change and next year we will be the palermo we are supposed to be. its sad to say but when we won promotion we were a better team than we are now, not only performane wise but spirit wise. Zampa is starting to wake up, hes realising that selling our best players for penuts to our enemies is not always the way to go. that is why amauri and hopefully barzagli will go. we will make a good 20 mil + paladino for amauri and another nice 20 from barzagli. I belive miccoli will be the next captain as he deserves this captincey for the love and performance he has shown to our club. Barzagli was a mistake to make captain because all he wants is to go with a big club and he doesent even deserve to wear our shirt, a shirt that is worn by players who actually deserve and are privledged.

I am Happy that zampa is looking at young players who will grow, like he did with cavani and jankovic and now with de melo, thats what i love baout the guy, he has an eye for talent him and foschi, they buy qualiy players who will one day become amazing for absoultly nothing UNLIKE MILAN

There are strong rumors that we might sign Pasquale Foggia and im pretty sure he will do well for us

Capuano plays very well with guidolin and i am very surprised of his performance.

There are also rumors that the great fabio grosso will come back to play for palermo and maby he could gain captaincy aswell

4. Palermo7

Palermo7 New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Yea i also heard about the Foggia rumor but i forgot to put that in their, he would be great going down our wings. I also agree with brazagli not being the captain, and if he wants to leave so bad get him out of their. We shouldnt be losing 3-0 to Samp and 3-2 to Siena. With better leadership and team spirit those results would go in our favor.

Another thing that Zampa tends to do is buy projects, we need to start buying guys that are already established in football. We really cant reley on kids to carry our team, until we turn into a Milan,Inter, or Juve, we cant keep on buying these kids that haven't established themselves.

5. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im almost positive we wil sign foggia since zampa really wants him and hes said it numerous times. i think he is such a great player with a lot of pace and skill. he will help us.
    it should also only be a matter of time until we sign balzeretti from fiorentina. i think he would be a good pick up for that left back spot.

this looks pretty good for the defense:

zaccardo-barzagli-biava-balzaretti

for the midfield i think we really need to start going with 4 more often:

foggia(hopefully)-simplicio-(someone besides Migliaccio)-bresciano

amauri-miccoli up top

oh i almost forgot to mention...zampa said while he is working on foggia, foschi is also looking into other deals so we can deffinately expect another signing. i would love to see a quality center midfielder to partner up with simplicio

6. Palermo7

Palermo7 New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Balzaretti joins Palermo[/FONT]
    Friday 25 January, 2008
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Federico Balzaretti has completed a move from Fiorentina to Palermo and hit out at former Coach Cesare Prandelli.

The 26-year-old defender moved to the Stadio Artemio Franchi from Juventus in the summer, but he hasn’t played as prominent a role as expected in Florence.

After just six appearances, Balzaretti has relocated to Sicily with the fee reported to be around £2.2m – the same amount they paid Juve.

“You would have to ask Prandelli why he didn’t play me,” the Turin native raged.

“I just know that I didn’t get a chance and it was best for me to leave. I always liked the city and my teammates and I’m sorry to go, but I want to play.

“Palermo are the side that showed the greatest determination to bring me in and I hope that I will get more games than I did at Fiorentina.”

Neither side have officially announced the details of the transfer yet, but Balzaretti has no doubt where his allegiances lie.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Looks like our predictions are coming true...good signing
    [/FONT]

7. ricci

ricci Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Balzaretti is a great start for us. Young defender who can get up and down that left side...really completes our team and we haven't had someone like that since Grosso.

Guidolin seems to like the 3 man midfield with Caserta, Migliaccio, Guana. Against stronger teams this will be our downfall. Not enough talent there. Caserta fights hard and is a good player and so does Migliaccio but Guana is terrible. I suspect alot of you guys are attributing Guana's poor play to Migliaccio because they look very similar and are often in the same spot. Guana has no pace, can't pass and he often comes up 2nd best in challenges. Migliaccio is the exact opposite. He's a player who can get stuck in and win the ball back for us and pass accurately.

Our biggest problem with playing a 4-4-2 is that we don't really have any true wingers, we have a lot of central/attacking midfielders. When you start playing guys out of position, it really affects their performance. If I was Guidolin I would play the 4-2-3-1 like this...

jimmy
    zaccardo-rinaudo-barzagli-balzaretti
    simplicio-migliaccio/caserta
    jankovic-miccoli-cavani
    amauri

One of the central midfielders is gonna have to get dropped, lately Guidolin has been dropping Simplicio. HUGE MISTAKE. Simplicio is probably our best all around player but his form has been a little off. You can't expect him to be good against Roma though. They have an unreal midfield and every player on their team is a threat. Balzaretti will help us out a lot because he moves into the midfield and helps set up the attack, but if Guidolin continues to play the Christmas Tree, I only see problems coming. Jankovic needs the chance to shine, besides Miccoli and Simplicio he might be the only player on the team with the vision to unlock a stubborn defense.

Torino really have a very stubborn defense and a strong midfield led by ex Palermo captain Eugenio Corini. They also have very tricky dangerous players in Rosina and Di Michele. If Guidolin fields the same side that he put out against Livorno we could be in trouble.

If you guys are looking for another place to discuss Palermo, stop by www.palermo.theoffside.com, nice little blog on team and we have a couple of good fans there.