Please make a new logo for FC New York!

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by psveindhoven, Aug 12, 2009.

1. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    Please make a new logo for FC New York! The current one looks aweful!

2. BuddhaNYC

BuddhaNYC Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Queens, NYC
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you are beating a dead horse my friend.. we talked with them and they are not changing it..haha

3. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Logos and kits don't make a team. NE has the dumbest logo in the world, but they have a dedicated fanbase. Once they move to Somerville and out of Foxboro, their attendance will surely jump.

4. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Buddha, I think that the response was more to the effect, that it was their logo at present. If anything changes, it would be reflected in the November/Fall 2009 release of their kit.

5. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha, it's not any worse than their pathetic website

might as well have it on geocities with some flame shooting gif's or barbwire page breaks

and we're supposed to take them seriously? wow, good luck fellas

6. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Easy brother, there will be enough time for you to salivate and admire our presense on the web. These things take time.

And even if the new site SUCKS, all that really matters is what happens on the field and in the stands.

We'll be waiting for you in 2010.

7. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most fans (especially new ones of an expansion team) care about a team's presentation and if the website is any indication of the future, it doesn't look very professional.

I mean seriously, a couple of hours on photoshop and some html guide books could present a better website than that. There's absolutely no excuse possible to have such a sucky website.

I don't want you to fail - I'd like for the USL to add solid teams with professional ownership groups so this is just extremely disappointing to me because a NYC team has loads of potential.

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't disagree with having a shiny new website that sparkles and has all the bells and whistles. But if you ask me if its neccessary for the team to have success, I would say no way. It can function without a website.

I would prefer that the organization worry more about the nuts and bolts of putting out a competitive team than worry about having a nice website.

9. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't need to be a fully functional, interactive website.

Their content is fine - the logo, press release, contact information. The presentation is just pitiful. And it would not have taken any more time away from working on the "nuts and bolts" of the team.

If I was a New Yorker and thought to myself, "Man, I wish we would get a team in NYC proper," did a google search, and that came up... there's absolutely no way I would take that seriously.

10. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You have a point, you really do, I'm just saying that if I have to choose between working on a website and working on the team, I'll choose the latter any day of the week.

That said, a nice website is always a plus.

11. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    An idea: Hire someone to build you a good looking website for presentation of a brand new team!

How novel.

That way it doesn't eat at all into the time of building your team. It's a no brainer for any expansion team, why is it strikingly different when talking about a team in NYC?

12. longislandsoccer

longislandsoccer New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Lynbrook
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The temp site was made on something like Geocities...its a crap shoot cuz its not the real thing.

They are working on a new website, with a company.. IE they are paying for it, so it will be just that Davids...it is kinda of like 75% complete I would say

As for the logo, I hated it at first, but it has grown on me a lot. It looks gorgeous on their Youth team jerseys, as well as on Polos and t-shirts and sports jackets that have been made for the youth squads. The team scarf is drop dead gorgeous, and I've been to a couple of teams around the USL now, and everyone, including the supporters group members in Montreal and Rochester adored it.

Just my two cents.

13. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I saw the logo on the youth teams apparel as well. It was very nice, I can't wait until it available to the public.

1 person likes this.
  14. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also don't care that much about the crest. People used to knock the USSF crest but now I would protest if it was changed. The crest is at the bottom of the list.

On the other hand, the website is borderline infantile. I know they're making a new one, but website these days aren't luxuries, they are necessities for upstarting businesses. The first thing that I do when checking if something is legit (either schools, bars, and now even teams) I scan the web for their site. A new business should already have that aspect covered.

I'm sorry, but the website is a legitimate criticism.

15. longislandsoccer

Jun 7, 2009
    Lynbrook
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I agree, and that is why I am very excited for our new site to be completed; you can only look at that upside down bull so much before you go crazy:p

16. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the logo is okay would you rather have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can't be serious animals on logos. is this the zoo, these logos are laughable, it's better to keep it simple

17. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol at least ours looks like it took more than 5 minutes to put together a few symbols in MS paint

18. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    I'm sorry if I sound blunt, but what exactly is your role/relationship with FCNY?

Are you an intern? Part of staff? Family friend of Petersen?

The reason I ask is because your posts, while promising a lot, sound vague and only like a lot of words.

Only reason I ask, you kind of sound like an intern and would think that some of the things you've posted here aren't the best way to rep a new team...

Just my .02.

21. longislandsoccer

Jun 7, 2009
    Lynbrook
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ive pretty much got zero relation to the team. Over the summer I said I was an intern but it was more or less me getting to see the office a few times. I'm just trying to keep a positive atmosphere in here...and I suck at it. sorry

22. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More people will be positive when we see what the product is and if it's a good one.

So far this is what we have to work off of...and that's why a website is important. I'm not repeating the same thing over and over again (as I'm a little more optimistic than some)...just explaining the negativity.

23. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    What's wrong with the Silverbacks' logo? It's a lot better that the Ruckus logos ever were. And, to me, it's better than the new Rowdies logo :D. I will say, though, that it looked better when it was blue, not red.

24. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Make the ball a 12-panel and you've got yourself a logo. At least, though, the 32 panel ball isn't all lopsided like some of them are. :)

25. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either my eyes are going or FCNY is trying to look like the Sons of Ben. Or is it Blue and Orange and not powder blue and yellow?

I dislike that logo.