Please help us Save The Crew

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by crewfan_in_columbus, Nov 10, 2017.

1. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moderators, if you feel this is in poor taste, please don’t hesitate to delete. Thank you in advance.

Hello Sounders fans. Please don’t think I’m coming to troll, I’m simply coming to ask for your help. Many of you have publicly expressed your support of for the situation that we Crew fans are finding ourselves in. For that we thank you. I know there is no love lost between our fan bases and our clubs. But if any of y'all can get past that for 60 seconds, I would really appreciate it.

I ask that you give us just 60 more seconds of support to go to https://savethecrew.com/letter and sign the letter. You can select your club at the bottom and I believe that the more fans from around the league that sign this, the louder the collective voice will be.

Selfishly, I say “thank you” for helping support us in this time of need. But also, I remind you to think about the other teams that this could happen to. Some day in the future, this could happen to your team as well. Please don’t let the league start a bad precedent.

Thank you,

Ian Fontaine

2. Kappa74

Kappa74 Member+

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Signed. Despite the stupid shitstorm surrounding AO in the Brazil qualifier, I wish you folks all the best in your effort to save the Crew.

crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  3. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for your support.

4. ibrew

ibrew Member+

Feb 3, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thank you also to whomever asked the Crew question at the Sounders Annual business meeting. Joe Roth’s answer was not helpful but I hope you guys will keep expressing your Columbus support to ownership. Thank you again for any and all support. Hard to explain how traumatic this is but I know you guys had similar with the Sonics. It sucks.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Kappa74

Kappa74 Member+

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Encouraging stuff from the Ohio AG. Hope this either keeps the Crew in Columbus or burns PSV to the ground. Both would be cool too.

7. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’ll be interesting to see if that law actually stands up in court...

8. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ultimately, it probably wouldn't. However, the important part to me is getting to depose Garber, Precourt, the Hunts, and the other MLS Owners as to who knew what when and the specific financials re Garber's talking points, revenue, attendance, etc and the relation to the rest of the league.

There is NO WAY that Garber wants to be the commissioner who allowed a peak behind the curtain with the CBA coming up in two years.