Please Clean up This Embarassing Forum

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Richter Boy, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, only 15-20% of the threads might contain non-soccer titles, but as TimMolloy pointed out above, the vast majority of threads degrade into non-soccer discussions. So as interesting as a topic seems at first, it hardly ever really gets going before the "riff-raff" seizes control.

2. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Yeah LDB, I am a hypocrite. I guess I should be upset considering that this is the most opinionated thing you have ever expressed on these boards- well, besides your ad nauseum posting about Steve Ralston.

I guess that if simply taking people's posts and then commenting on them is hypocritical, then I am guilty as charged.

3. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

When you degrade in the very post where you criticize others who degrade.....that would be a hypocrit, no? :D

4. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Re: Re: Please Clean up This Embarassing Forum

Here's an idea: if you're reading a thread and you see it spinning out of control, re-direct it back to the topic. It's just as easy as complaining about it. And it doesn't take a mod to do it.

Although sometimes threads get totally hijacked, most of the time the off-topic stuff is a joke or something, is still at least peripherally related, and is not at all intended to sabotage the thread. Otherwise, threads usually seem to die when taken over.

5. Anh Jung-Hwan

Anh Jung-Hwan New Member

Jul 1, 2002
    South Korea
    "I guess I should be upset considering that this is the most opinionated thing you have ever expressed on these boards- well, besides your ad nauseum posting about Steve Ralston. "

LDB and Richter: Please, let's not fight again. Anh says this is the kind of stuff that turns off people, why Big Soccer has lost posters to other boards.

Personally, Anh doesn't understand why people think QuakeMagic is such a great place. I got treated worse there than here and that is saying something. I am staying here to build up the board again.

6. USItalianofan

USItalianofan New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Modesto CA
    Hey this thread is pretty damn entertaining. I just started posting a lot on BS. It's pretty ironic that this thread is talking about our forum being needing to be clean up...that there is no substance in the threads and people that post in them. I have been read this thread and I find a really good topic of conversation. Hey it might not totally have to do with soccer...but it still has some refrences to it. I think this forum is fine it dosen't need to be changed so dramatically as everyone is talking about. That is what is so great about free speach........DIVERSITY!!!!!!!! Not everyone is going to like what another person is posting....DUH If you can't handle that totally isolate yourself from society!!!!!!!!

I'm John

7. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Welcome, John!

8. pezboy82

pezboy82 New Member

Nov 18, 2001
    Modesto, CA
    Hey John,
    It's nice to know there's more than just me in Modesto who have heard of the Quakes.

9. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Hopefully John has a wife that IS a Quake fan weather she likes it or not. ;)

10. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Kinda like speaking in the 3rd person? :D

11. pezboy82

pezboy82 New Member

Nov 18, 2001
    Modesto, CA
    Ouch.

She was at the last Wednesday match vs. the Fire, but when/if she goes again depends on whether or not her dad uses his ticket. ;)

12. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I recall Jamie also comes to the Quakes games... Hey John, how goes? It's going to be a rush to make it down there at my side...

Cheers!

13. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make that 3 (Ceres actually)

I'm Joe

14. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    nowhere near the level of pure crap that is in here though

15. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Speaking of pure crap.....how is the carnie job working out for ya?

16. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Nothing wrong with a crap repository, if it deflects that kind of stuff from other threads, I guess.

Although I must say I am impressed that you trolled through enough of that thread to form an opinion. Not that anyone over here cares about it. ;)

17. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This thread should be stickied.

It seems that this topic needs to be brought back up every couple of weeks.