Please bring him back home!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PogiGooner, Apr 25, 2008.

1. PogiGooner

PogiGooner Member

Oct 11, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's been my sentinmental choice for years to replace Wenger, but seeing him grow as a coach the past two years, he's now my rational choice.

4. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? There's a big difference between coaching and managing. Adams has done well, but with the players he's got, you'd expect that. He needs to get a job as a manager and be successful at it before he can realistically be considered for the Arsenal job.

5. TheArgonaut

TheArgonaut Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just saw the replay of the FFS interview and Tony Adams brought up a good point. Over the past few years, the team with the best defense wins the league. No matter what role he would take with the team, whether as a specifically "defensive coach" or just an assistant, our defense can only get better with Tony Adams as a coach. If he's not going to be a manager anywhere else, I can't think of any reason not to bring him back to the Arsenal.

6. OrangeArsenal

OrangeArsenal Member

Jul 25, 2007
    D.C.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know a few weeks back Arseblogger was saying that one of the best signings we could make this summer was a defensive coach.

7. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not doubting Adams' ability, but look at the players he's worked with. Portsmouth's starting back 4 has about 40 years of total Premier League experience. How much coaching did they really need? I doubt if Sol needed any pointers.

On the other hand we haven't had a dedicated defensive coach in a while, and i can't think of anyone more qualified.

8. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    I'd have him back tomorrow,would wake a few of our highly paid superstars up.

9. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Having Adams back would be fantastic.

10. G8TR_Gooner

G8TR_Gooner New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    The Garden State
    I'll second that. Can teach a spot of defense and maybe a little pride as well.

11. elwoodthegooner

Jun 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have to say if he truly wants to come back and coach/assist in some regard and we don't sign him, I will be quite dissappointed. Our defending is honestly, comedic and Mr. Adams can only improve us there.

12. canadagooner

canadagooner Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'd like to see it, winning football starts at the back. I'd like to see us get a lead and keep it.:D

13. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    For a while now we've needed somebody, player or coach, that our senior players are afraid of, somebody who can motivate our better guys to prove that they can get the results to match their rep. If we bring in TA, hopefully he can be that guy.

14. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    I agree. Our best defensive record in the last five seasons was when Martin Keown was coaching while he got his badges. We've been, frankly, a shambles in the back ever since he left.