Playoffs WILL be on TV

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by greenie, Oct 21, 2003.

1. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    as posted to www.rapidsfan.com

Rapids, FSRM agree on TV for playoffs
    21-Oct-2003
    According to the team, the Rapids have reached an agreement with Fox Sports Net (or as everyone else in the area calls it, Fox Sports Rocky Mountain) to air the Rapids' away playoff games.

Regardless of date and kickoff time, FSRM has committed to show each game via tape-delay at 8:00pm (MT) on the day of the game.

For subscribers to the Shootout package, the game will be available as a live broadcast.

2. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so who has Shootout, and is willing to open their home to fools? :) Waiting for tape-delay is ridiculous, I mean, don't they realize that these are the same fans who'll show up in hundreds to watch the USA at 1am?

Tape delay for playoffs, I'd like to see them tape delay the Yankees-Marlins, so people could actually muster up enough to care...

I guess we're beggars eh?

3. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Finally some good news. About time.

4. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Is it possible to order Shootout for just 1 game?

5. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Check with your cable company...if you can get the shootout (which we can't in Longmont because Comcast has not finished our rebuild, and informed me on sunday that they might not rebuild our area at all now), you might be able to order the individual game as a sort of pay per view for something like $5.99.

6. burmm

burmm Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that on my Adelphia digital cable you can order the Shootout games on a per game basis. It's all under the wing of inDemand so it's like ordering a pay per view movie. I assume that it's the same elsewhere.

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not, or at least the 3 different people that I talked to at Cox here in Phoenix told me it was all or nothing.

8. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Last time I tried ... which was last season ... it was all or nothing. You couldn't get a single game.

9. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    same here in minnesota using time warner cable. and using dish network. they say you can only order the whole package. not individual games.

10. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    Webcasts in Columbus

I spend most of my free time simmering in a pot of hot oil created by the inability of the Rapids to promote their team on television at such a critical time. I was going from one official team site to another finding out how many matches they televised, when I noticed this on the Columbus site:

WEBCASTS: All MLS matches home and away are webcast on either www.matchnight.com or here on www.thecrew.com.

Notice the word ALL in that statement. I wonder what it would take to get something like that here?

I know this is a dead horse, but it just angers me that the Rapids disappear from view at the very time they most need to be there. Kids at my school just figure the season is over. I can't tell them to watch the Rapids unless they plan on moving to Dallas. Some might, but it wouldn't be for that reason.

Whatever the case, BOO KC, Go Raps!!!!!

11. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Re: Webcasts in Columbus

Here here.

One thing I never understood...they do internet broadcasts - for HOME games (the Rapids, that is). Why? Why do they push it AT the games? Obviously I do not bring my laptop with wifi to section 123. If I were not at the game that very moment, I would never know about (or at least, think about) the broadcast. Since I am at the game, its completely useless to me. Which audience do they anticipate reaching with this?

Its cool that they broadcast over the net - don't get me wrong, but it would be infinitely more useful if they did it for the road games (besides tv broadcast - when broadcast on tv, they could just simulcast that feed) - you know - when its almost impossible for me to be at the game.