Playoff Schedule (Games start tonight)

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by El Gato, Jul 30, 2002.

1. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have heard reports that the Renegades will play at 4 PM on Sunday, assuming that they make it past Toronto.

This is really sad. The Boston Breakers will be playing the New York Power in Boston at 4 PM just 15 miles away. There are a large number of folks who attend the matches for both teams. Seems to me that a 7 PM kick-off at Bowditch would suit everybody well.

3. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
  4. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably the big story within the game was the return of Missy Gregg to the lineup for Memphis. If she comes in at the level she was playing at last year, Memphis adds some serious fire power for the championship run.

5. fanmaster

fanmaster New Member

Jun 28, 2002
    memphis, tn
    You are right about Missy. She was not at last years level but she was pretty darned exciting. With a brace on her leg she is not as swift. Everyone perked up when she entered, though. She can kick the ball soooooo hard from a dead run it is incredible. They guarded her like she was a one man team and did a good job, the impressive play was when she was passed the ball once with her back to the goal and a defender in her back pocket, rather than try to fake and turn left or right, she merely popped the ball over her head behind the defender and whipped towards the goal (only to be met with some stiff defense, though).

Our other tall blonde, Cheryl Salisbury, who plays midfield, already had taken care of business with a hat trick before Missy came in. She scored two goals in stoppage time at the end of the first half and added a third shortly after they came back from the break. I don't recall anyone making two 25-yard free kicks against a goalie as good as Weisenfield - Chez was really on target.

I will be going to some of the home CBU games this season and will keep tabs on Missy (and Magsy).