Playoff Run

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Revs Fan Forever, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Revs Fan Forever

Revs Fan Forever New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    somewhere in MA
    Is there anyway we can make the playoffs?

2. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Win 6 of our last 8 matches :)

3. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With our 3 new additions, i think we can do good. Kante, as I understand it, is a hell of a good player and well help solidify our defense with Llamosa. He has the speed that Llamosa lacks. Griffiths can help out Ralston by sending some crosses into Twellman, and Leonard brings some depth to the bench. Now, lets pray that they play with heart and hard work and with some luck make it into the playoffs.

4. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all very simple

Even with everything that's gone on, we still have had the top scoring team in the league almost all season, certainly since Twellman/Ralston caught fire. The weakness has been inept defense. Sure the keepers haven't been great, but you put a reasonably solid defense in front of them, and those poor, shell-shocked goalies might not have such high GAA's. Regardless of what has been said about the players/coaches on this board, these guys play with their hearts on their sleeves, and they take evry loss very, very hard...they are just as mystified as we are, I'm sure. If we have a solid defense for the rest of the season, and that's a gigantic if at this point, we won't need luck, because the defense will have improved, and coupled with their heart and hard work on the field, our prayers will have been answered. My two cents.

5. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    I'm so glad that "Luck" was an option. Because even with all the other things going, the Revs will need plenty of it...

6. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget that this is still MLS, all the Revs really HAVE to do is win one more match so they have the points to qualify then watch some of the teams ahead of us self-destruct. My real hope is that we don't make a run, that will only add to the pain...no, wait, it's all about the pain...go Revs!

7. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh you dummy, that's TWO matches...oh well, we all know that it won't be decided until the final match anyway, at which point we will either squeak in and get demolished in the first round OR lose painfully on near misses. Oh the joy of being a Revs fan!

8. Hobobob

Hobobob New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    With Llamosa back, Pirece and Kamler almost ready, and the addition of Griffiths and Kante, if the Revs simply work hard and play together than they should be able to play some really good soccer. They might not make it to the playoffs but it would be entertaining and worthy of praise.

This late in the season I hope that the Revs can pull themselves together and stop making so many bad mistakes. I don't expect the defense or keeper to be perfect, but if they can reduce the number of times they leave guys open in the box and hustle all the time then they should be able to win a bunch of the remaining games.

9. keepersdad73

keepersdad73 New Member

Sep 1, 2001
    At this point I hope they don't. They don't deserve a playoff spot or the support we so blindly give them.

10. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    I voted for luck, but only because I don't believe in prayer.

11. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    i voted for luck, but only because i don't pray(i know i should)...well, occasionally...;)

12. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    :p very well said...