Playoff road trip 11/1 or 11/8

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Mad_Bishop, Oct 12, 2003.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Come on guys, think about this for a minute. Do you really think the Rapids had a choice here? I'd bet they were told when they could use the field, and that the Broncos organization (which, as stated owns the field) said they didn't want soccer lines on the field for a Monday Night Football game. This isn't the Rapids organization's fault, its the effects of relying on football stadiums as venues. This may not have happened to the Chiefs because Lamar is pretty concerned about the Wizards and thier attendance, but I'm not surprised it happened in Denver.

2. JPNutter

JPNutter New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    Kansas City
    I totally agree. NFL is king and sometimes there is nothing MLS teams can do about it. Although I don’t see why they couldn’t get rid of the lines after the game since it will be their last home appearance of the season.

3. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I'm not so sure that the lines would be the only reason. There is quite a lot of planning and physical set up for a Monday night game and I'm sure the Broncos didn't want to have to deal with planning a soccer game around it. Safer to just put it on Tuesday when the MNF crew is packed up and headed down the road.
    As for the paint, I saw last night on ESPN where they were trying to set up Sun Devil Stadium for the MNF game last night. They were talking about painting the field for the Chargers, and the "Arizona" was visibly beneath it in the end zones. They mentioned how there still aren't paints that can wash away easily. You basically have to get the grass to grow and mow the paint off. Not possible in a short amount of time. Heck, you could still see the slight outilne of the soccer lines on Arrowheads turf this past Sunday night, 8 full days after the last Wizards home game.

4. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially when they can hold a feel-good event and wine tasting for a bunch of chicks. Grrrrrr....

5. JPNutter

JPNutter New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    Kansas City
    Why don’t they just move the MNF game to Tempe again? That was such a great game with an unbelievable atmosphere I think all games should be played there. Hawaii would also be nice, that way I wouldn’t have to listen to that mongoloid Madden.

6. Van Buren

Van Buren New Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Kansas City, Mo
    you want to avoid madden? tune into 810 every monday and listen to the westwood one feed with boomer esiason and marv albert. they're good, and flatout unbelievable compared to tired michaels and madden, who hasn't said anything original in a decade.

7. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    What was the deal with that? When I heard they moved it, I figured it wouldn't sell out, then I see the highlights, and not only did it look packed as can be, but the atmosphere looked electric! Maybe Arizona folks were excited to finally see a professional football team. ;)

As far as Denver goes, there is no way those invisible yellow lines kept them from holding the game on Sat. My money is on the concern about the field being torn up.

8. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    entrance to the game was free. they couldn't even announce an official attendance because there were no tickets.

9. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I'm probably alone in this boat, but I'll throw this out anyway

I have absolutly no obligations next week. I'm willing to split gas and driving with someone if they're still interested in going to Denver.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    What route were you planning on taking?

11. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    i-70 straight through to Denver

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Leaving from Lawrence or KC?

13. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
  14. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    OK ... so the game's on Tuesday. My only obligation before the weekend is work in Omaha Wednesday at 5:30.

I could drive down and meet you in Lawrence, but would you be driving back straight after the game?