playoff dates?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by bostonmasshole, Oct 16, 2003.

1. bostonmasshole

bostonmasshole New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Quincy
    anyone know when the playoff dates will be released?
    thanks.

2. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure that I heard an announcement at the game that playoff tix were going on sale and that included dates. At most there can only be two games. The first would be either the weekend of 10/31-11/2 or the weekend of 11/7-9. The second match would be the weekend of 11/14-16 but only if the Revs finish 2 or 3 and the 4th seed beats Chicago, otherwise the game that weekend will be in Chicago.

I thought I heard in the announcement the dates of the 2nd and 9th (i.e. the Sundays)? Are the Pats at home either of those weekends?

Of course, all we know for sure is that there will be a game one of those weekends, but not which weekend yet.

3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    The Pats are home 11/16 (8:30pm) only - so looks like there are no real conflicts.

Anyone watch the Pats game last Sunday? What they did to the field was incredible. The section between the hash marks was turned into one long stretch of mud from one endzone to the other.

One of the announcers even suggested the Revolution game the night before contributed to the fragile field - LOL! Maybe it's progress that they were even aware that "soccer happens".

The grounds crew will have until the 25th (13 days) to get it back in decent shape - pray for sun.

4. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    The full playoff format info is on the MLS CUP page on MLSnet.com
    click on the banner under the main story.