Playing styles of Championship Clubs?

Discussion in 'Championship Clubs' started by Aztattooedsean777, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Which clubs currently in the Championship are known for playing attacking football?

I am doing some research and it is hard as don't get to see many matches as I would like.

2. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
  3. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Yeah, I was going to guess Norwich and Watford for sure. Leeds sure scores their share of goals while letting in some as well. Watford was scoring and giving them up early in the season but has started to stop giving up as many as they are scoring as the season has gone along.

I would agree about Nottingham Forest playing different styles home and away.

Stats are good but I partially created this thread to hear from people that either follow certain clubs and can give first hand information or people who are able to see more matches on tv or through streaming.

Thanks for the link though!:)

4. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I looked at that link and on and off target isn't what I am looking for.

Heck, Barcelona would be interesting to compare with just stats if you didn't watch them. They pass around so much while only shooting if necessary.

I am not just looking for shots information. I have seen other clubs who came back up through the Championship such as Blackpool and West Brom who like to try playing attractive football.

It just lead me to being curious into further investigation at which clubs play that type of style down in the championship or which clubs down there play the old long ball style.

5. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    It was just a suggesting, as the most attacking teams would tend to have the most shots :)

For teams who play posession football, we (Swansea) certainly do, although we do still struggle to score goals - just not to the extend we did last season! We don't have the players to compete in the same way as other teams at the top, so we try to keep the ball away from them, and it works quite well :D

6. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have also thrown Watford into the mix. they definitely play a nice attacking style although from what I have heard if this is true, they used to play totally different type of football in their past.

As for attacking clubs shooting the most, Barcelona again defy that theory although I have no charts to go by. They don't seem to like wasting shots by shooting for shooting sake.

7. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can anyone assist me in telling me what style of play brighton_and_Hove_Albion_F.C. play?