Playing in England

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Owlette, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Owlette

Owlette New Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Southern California
    Hey Everyone,

I have a question that I'm hoping some of you can answer. My daughter played club soccer in the US until she was 17. She played on mostly "Gold' teams as a left-footed wing player. She is very fast. She was a strong player but never a standout star. After high school, she was recruited at a couple of D2 colleges but chose to run cross country instead. Now she is 21 and moving to North London. She won't be able to work for a few months and she would like to play soccer. Are there teams she can join? How competitive is it? Do teams have tryouts? Thanks for any info!!!

Owlette

PS It this is in the wrong forum, sorry :( I looked around BS and couldn't find a better one.

2. miahamm9

miahamm9 New Member

Nov 18, 2000
    England
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hello!

There are many teams in London that your daughter can play for. Which part of North London is she moving to? I am currently the first team physiotherapist for Barnet Ladies FC and I know we will be looking to recruit players for the new season. We have just been promoted into the National Division (equivalent to the mens Premiership league here) so she would have to be of a very high standard.

The manager is all about hard working players and she likes for them to be fit. They are currently doing their remote pre-season training programs and will be looking to meet in 4 weeks time to start training as a team again.

If Barnet LFC is a little too high standard, there are plenty more teams about she can try out for. Unfortunately she will not be paid to play in almost every team...female footballers do not have that privilege here!

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There are indeed a lot of team around North London as Miahamm9 said players do not get paid or only like 4 in the Superleague sides.

There are 3 main teams in North London

Superleague teams (top level) : Arsenal
    National division (second level) : Barnet, Watford

Watford like Barnet are looking for new players, they have a young up and coming coach Sam Perrin : sam_perrin@watfordladiesfc.com

Arsenal Ladies have mainly internationals and youth international players standard is quite high there.

4. inmita

inmita New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hola soy inma,soy española tengo 19 años y voy a vivir a inglaterra.he jugado en el Real Mallorca,en el REal Murcia en nivel nacional.No podria estar en inglaterra sin concoer esa liga.Podrias ayudarme?tambien soy campeona de España.gracias

5. inmita

inmita New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC