Playing chances with the NT

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by IRcule, Mar 18, 2010.

1. IRcule

IRcule Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hey guys, im a 16 year old boy living in the USA I born in iraq. I have been playing soccer since I was 4, I am currently with DC united youth team tryouts. Im a regular starter on my travel team we are ranked 6th in the state.
    I made varsity high school team freshmen year now a sophmore and currently doing well playing in the high school league.

I'm just very interested in playing soccer for the National team. But I don't know how to put my-self out their for Iraqi coaches to see me. Do I have to be playing in Iraq? or the middle east? im a short player barely 5'5 my coaches say i have a similar style to messi with my close control. So if any one knows can some one point me in the right direction??

2. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You're chances of getting in touch with the NT are bascially non exisitent if you don't play in Iraq...

3. IRcule

IRcule Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Dammm =[........

4. HelloPancake

HelloPancake New Member

Mar 20, 2010
    If you want to play in an international team, you're going to need world exposure to show how good you are. An advantage you have of living in America is the use of the Internet. Use YouTube and other video blogging websites to show your talents on the field, and always try to look for opportunities to meet big time players that come in your state or around your side of the U.S. Also, use any connections your family may has back home to get the word out about you. In a sense, you want your family in Iraq to help promote you as a legitimate player who wants to come play for Iraq.

The most important thing, however, is getting yourself extremely good. You gotta remember, you want to enter the Iraqi National Team, and that means you're going to be representing the entire nation of Iraq. You say your team is the sixth best in the state right now, but if you work hard and get better and better, you will lead your team to become number one. Work hard on your ability to be a leader on the field, try to become the best player in your entire state.

If you put in the necessary hardwork, you will succeed in your goals, and soon you'll be playing for the Iraqi Lions. Keep on pressing boy.

5. IRcule

IRcule Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thanks HelloPancake for the encouragement, its been my dream since the Asian cup to play for the national team. Sometimes I feel I have to go play in the middle east like in Qatar or one of those scruby arab leagues to get recognized by the IFA..whilest thier are good iraq players abroad.