Players you once had respect for but lost through their actions

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Dec 11, 2005.

1. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kaka is from my city.
    He was neither rich or poor. He had a nice life.

2. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Listen here, I know you are a Beck's fan and a C. Ronaldo's fan, and debating against you won't go anywhere. I can go on and on about what was the outcome on RM when Becks came, or if Ronaldinho came instead or I compare him to figo and stuff. This won't go anywhere.

I can also go and on about C. Ronaldo's attitudes and stuff, but that won't go anywhere either.

So I am just going to give some positive points about each player:

Beckham- as a soccer player, I clearly stated that I don't like him and so I don't respect him. But as a human being, he maybe totally different. One thing I like about him is the stuff he did when the tuasami destroyed south-east asia. But I don't know much about him, and all I see is what the internet, FSC and gol tv show me, so I judge him on that. Maybe in a couple years I may change my mind.

C. Ronaldo- he is young and will most likely change as the years go. He may start respecting fans and other players. He may stop his ways so the media doesn't f*** with him all the time. And who knows, he may be totally different person in five years from now. Until then I may change my mind.

So these are only my opinions, and I am not going to continue give more and more reasons as to why this and why that. It's a waste of time. I am done with this topic. :)

3. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good, maybe you'll stop talking out of your ass because you can't refute me on each point, so you resort to a personal dislike strategy. Good call there.

4. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    okay, WTF are you talking about.

You want to make this into a dispute or what?

Ok

1st. If it wasn't for your Beck's f**** image and marketing benifits it goes with it, would you think prez would of signed him? You said he signed him for his talent? What talent? Everything he can do, we had players like figo and Zidane who can do them just as good if not better than him. Fans like you who emphasis more on players with popularitity and celebs status rather than talent. If f***** becks didn't come to RM, prez could of put all his focus on getting Ronaldinho. Look how much barca succeded, from a mid-table team to the top team in europe. Look how RM benifited when becks came. When he came we got only one championship. Thats it.

If he can do more than free kicks and long stupid crosses, and stupid runs to no where than what are they? How are they different than what figo does? Look wtf he did to RM, he created imbalance. He obviously cares more on his looks, like those stupid hair cuts he does, especially during the world cup.

Even when RM was winning nicely at the beginning of the season, and most of the goals where being assisted by him, you are not seeing the big picture. It would be just a matter of time before the teams relizes his only talent. Look at real for the last few months what happened? What did he do against big teams like barca and lyon. He did nothing. Now admit it.

Even on the England NT, critics were saying to strip him off as the captain of England, and replace him of S. W. Philips. Why didn't you talk about this?

See because you read his book, you have become very bias. Admit that you are pro-beckham!

Wait and see by the end of season as to where Becks will end up.

2. And I told you about C. Ronaldo. I don't like that f****. Unless he changes his attitute I may change my mind. Thats my f****en opinion.

If you admire someone who insults you and gives the finger to you, then good for you.

There so many stuff like this that he has done in the past. Why don't you prove to me that the s*** he said to Ronaldinho was fake. It was all over the globe. Saying Ronaldinho is a copy-cat and all that s***, show me where they say it is just a rumor.

You are a C. Ronaldo fan, and you said it before several times in the past.

Now go read some books on becks and C. Ronaldo, so you can be even more biased.

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    maybe you should blame the decline of your other players instead of blaming beckham. i think hes overrated, but signing him isnt gonna make any team worse. hes not keeping anyone better off the team. and hes certainly not the reason you guys cant keep a clean sheet if your life depended on it. so stop your bitching and wake the fvck up. its your managment that sucks, not becky.

6. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Since the time of writing, DiCanio has done yet another facist salute and Essien elbowed one of Lauren's front teeth out. Nice to see these players keeping form.. :rolleyes:

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Di Canio... nuff' said...

8. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    Don't take it so seriously. ;)

He pissess me off because he looks like a Harvard student, is that better.? :)

BTW, what did Fagiano Ronaldo say about Ronaldinho?

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I blame you DS, really...

I thought it was a bad dream when I read that he did the salute again. He had the audacity to say that he'd be upset if his club didn't make a stand for him. He's less than dirt in my eyes now.

Essien is amazing, really he's got a talent for nasty.

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    And if you think Essien's elbow at Lauren was remotely intentional, I've got some land in Florida to sell you. :rolleyes:
    Scott Parker just lost a tooth when he ran into Lehman's arm. Does that make Lehman a thug?
    Oh, but I forgot, Essien plays for Chelsea. Carry on.

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    When Lehman does that twice more real soon, then yes... I'll think he's a thug. I suppose next you are going to tell me that Essien was clearly pulling out of the elbow?

I can see it now.

Essien pulls gun and shoots Fletcher, gets off with a yellow as replays clearly indicate that Essien avoided shooting Fletcher in the heart or head and thus he wasn't really trying to end Fletcher's career.

12. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Di Canio - None. Never will have again.

Seedorf - For whining about playing in the Euro 2004, ahead of Sneijder.

Kluivert - Whining, missing sitters.

Van der Vaart - complaining to Koeman about where he's played.

Fabregas - Leaving Barca.

Pique - Leaving Barca for ANOTHER Reserve Team.

Essien - Wild tackles need to be reeled in.

John Obi Mikel - Nuff said.

Pablo Garcia - Elbowing Deco in the temple.

Roberto Carlos - purposefully clipping Eto'o heels in the box in November.

Hristo Stoichkov - breaking a college player's leg, and other crap at DC United.

Vieira - 6'4" Diver.

Ballack - WC Quarterfinals Dive, didn't work, CL Quarters Dive vs. Chelsea, did work.

John Terry - "We played Barca off the park"(paraphrase) comment.

Rafa Marquez - A dangerous tackle on Saviola in Confed Cup (no injury), kicked DaMarcus Beasely (injured ankle, not too serious).

Landon Donovan - quitting Leverkusen just to run back to California, and got a Pay Raise for it.

13. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Really nice, that's quite pathetic. Stooping to that level, come on. If Essien was at my club doing the things he is doing my feelings toward him would be no different. Every single attack, and that's what they are, two career threatening injuies and the removal of a mans front tooth have been intentional and I really hope someone does him some damage old testament style real soon. His actions have been a disgrace maybe you don't see that because he plays for Chelsea.

See? Pathetic isn't it... throwing the word Chelsea around as if it is some sort of trigger mechanism for me to be disgusted by a players' actions..come on.. I'd expect better than that from you.

14. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    Pavel Nedved

after he quit the national team i just hate players who do that but especially him because of he is considered "world class" yet has never even led his country to the world cup" and with the talent they have it would have been a shame

15. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So to be considered world class you have to lead your team to a World Cup?

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    thats the dumbest reason for not respecting a player ive ever heard. the guy is 33 years old and his health is deteriorating fast. he has done what he can for czech football. in fact hes probably done more for his national team then anyone ever has.

17. shahz_nerazzurri

shahz_nerazzurri New Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Mate anyone who has been watching Madrid this season, or the last two seasons, know that Beckham has done nothing but ******** for them. A player alone cannot decide the outcome of a mtach singlehandedly, so in short, Beckham is not the problem but a part of the problem(and a very big part indeed).
    HE hardly makes one good cross, adn english media are gloating about how he is back in form :p . Suckers

18. benilson09

benilson09 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hartselle, AL
    What is all this about Raul and Casillas. I don't like to believe everything I hear but did this actually happen??

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    seems to me like beck is involved in every goal they score. and if beck has a good game, real usually win. i dont think many real madrid fans blame him for their decline. he came on board as the ship was sinking. managment have bought all the wrong players. thats not his fault

cant believe im defending one of my absolute least favorite players. i cant stand the guy. oh well.

20. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Rivaldo.

Talent and past achievements aside, that injury fake caught on tape just set the entire game back (to the casual soccer viewer) when it happened..

Talk about an anti-ambassador to the game.. :rolleyes:

21. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    even if ronaldo didn't rape that woman, he still dives and whines more than anyone in the premiership.

AND to add to this list, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Robbie Savage(Blackburn) yet. Or Heinze from ManU.

22. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why Heinze? What has he done? If anything, he deserves more respect. First of all, Utd suffered after his injury, a show of how important he is. Second, the man has pretty much lost his chance to play in Germany, as much as it pains me to say it. He has heart, and it seems that him and Rooney are the only ones who do in Man U.

23. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I should have added Lee Bowyer to my list. I thought he was a great player at Leeds and then his character was revealed and what a nasty piece of work he is. Along with dickov, the most malicious player in the EPL imo.

24. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    He just aggravates me so much. And a few dives here and there add to his negative reputations in my book. I agree with what you said about heart though. However, Rooney is extremely entertaining and comical, so I guess I don't really count the things he does. Having previously just watched the Liverpool-ManU game from last season and seeing his goal celebration again just makes it difficult for me to say anything bad about him.

25. n.waleed

n.waleed New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Saudi Arabia
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Danish Thomas Gravesen in Real Madrid. I used to admire a lot his skills and say he is one of the most important bricks in Real Madrid.

I am from the Middle East and we saw it all live, that he was called for a live interview after one of the games. When he approached the interviewer, he asked: where from?

The Interviewer answered: The Middle East .. and Thomas just gave him his back and left him in a very rude way, without saying a word .. and it was LIVE .. then it was made in video clips and just went through email loops ..

He didnt only lost my respect, but thousands of people here