Players Will Solve Our Problems- The First Of Many Transfers/Rumors Thread.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by El-CapitanoR7, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's the problem with them. He's playing at Santos! No offense but he's in no position to judge Guti and far far away from comparing him to Zidane, one of the greatest players ever.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Others are playing well in lesser Leagues too and that doesn't prevent us from comparing them to Zidane either.

:p

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I assure you, there are some players you can judge based on the player's position and style of play and where they play. Neymar is the prime example of a player who is doing very well in a competition where the talent level is poor (Paulista League, which ended about a month ago). And those 26 goals in 26 games are because of the competition. You can tell especially because at 18 with his body and dribbling abilities that it won't necessarily translate in Europe or at the international level. But Ganso, I am absolutely convinced will be a star (and this game was the league cup semis so it's a good team -- gremio is top 5 in brazil and the brazil league is the strongest it's been in years and i think rivals leagues like france and germany). I would bet the farm. Vision and passing go at any level. I mean that's obviously where Marca got the comparison with Guti -- Guti was one of the best passers ever for Madrid. Ganso has that and he has a better shot. The ability to see the field and understand your players really has no relationship to the level of competition.

I mean I don't watch Hazard or Gourcouff every game, but I've watched most of the Santos games on Justin Tv in the past 2 months and I'm pretty convinced of this lol. And Madrid offering like 20 million dollars won't be enough. ;)

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Haven't seen much of Kolarov. Maicon would of course be welcomed, but where does that mean we play Sergio Ramos? We could try him at midfield like somebody suggested in our last match thread. That would let us keep Pepe and Albiol at CB, eliminating the need to buy another midfielder.

Milito is a great looking player, but considering we have Higuain it's quite unnecessary.

No thanks.
    What a shocker (or not).

So we're going to miss out on the second coming of Gento and the Brazilian Sideshow Bob. :(

If Brazilian Sideshow Bob shares the same agent with Mourinho, I'm kind of shocked his agent has put out the rumors that Luiz is a priority (or convinced Mourinho he should be).

Stability is overrated! Just go for the next biggest thing every year and hope for the best.

This is true, however we have show interest in Maicon last summer when Valdano was saying Mourinho doesn't interest us and wouldn't fit the project.

I agree about Milito though and can't see him coming. Especially after his brother's incident with Valdano.

What kind of fun? I know I'm going to be loving his rants, interviews, celebrations and attention stunts. It's going to make for the perfect clash of personalities and ideals. :D

It's inevitable, so why fight it anymore? Just go along with whatever ride they lead us to next.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Their attack of course, however I think they'd get beat by more physical teams and the defense can be questionable. They're no slouches though and it'd be very entertaining.

6. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The article says at CB. Pepe has some problems with injuries -and suspensions- so I don't think it's that far-fetched. Or maybe I'm just being greedy.
    Anyway, and paradoxically, with Pellegrini leaving I don't think the need for a RB other than Ramos is that big.

Precisely that fun. As mymy said once, there's no room in Madrid for the egos of Perez, Cristiano and Mourinho. Man, I'm already feeling the ego pressure waves only hours after Inter's plane landed.

Imagine Bayern wins tomorrow and Jose's demands after that are outrageous. Maybe we can still end up with Benitez. :p

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It makes no sense though for me and I don't see the "planning" involved. If Ramos is moved to CB and we buy another CB, we'd have possibly 5 CB's capable of starting. That won't make a happy situation.

We don't need another RB, but if that's what Mourinho requests I'm sure Perez will oblige to at least that one. Kolarov who we both know Mourinho is high on as well.

Lol! I get to see Mourinho manage us and what better than with talkative smartass Valdano and "I think I'm god" Perez at the reigns. I'm going to love Valdano's interviews the most as he has to explain Mourinho's antics. I'm going to love Mourinho's response to those interviews even more.

Epic ego clash.

Combine their egos with our players plus Inda-Marca and we'll have our own VH1 reality show. :eek:

I doubt it. We allowed it to go to far so it's like we have to sign Mourinho. I'd lol if Valdano signs Benitez though. It'd make things even more chaotic.

8. Jehuisthere

Jehuisthere Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Maicon rumor makes more sense to me. Ramos I would think would be moved to CB. I could see Mourinho wanting Ramos at CB. He seems to like physical, passionate CBs (Terry, Lucio). Actually Ramos in general I am excited to see what Mourinho can do with. At this stage in his career, he might be just the type of manager he needs. Someone who instills massive confidence and discipline in him might be just what he needs to become top 3 CB in the world and sustain it.

9. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder if Jose Mourinho can make something special out of drenthe as well. He feels like a forgotten player.

10. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for the info :)

On another note do we really need another attacking mid? We have VDV, Kaka, and Marcelo. I'm sure another player like Silva wouldn't hurt to add to the squad but I'd rather focus on getting a two way mid instead. Right now our core in the midfield is kind of weak or they have not been able to form a good chemistry which worries me most.

11. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    You want chemistry you bring in Mascherano & Silva to partner Alonso. Mascherano for obvious reasons, but Silva well, I think Alonso was one of the 1st people to suggest we should make a swoop for him. I think, maybe, yeah. Xabi is familiar with them from the NT ( Silva ) & back in Liverpool.

12. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    P.S, that was a half serious post. I do want both them players here but im well aware that team chemistry isnt as easy to build as simply buying a couple players and putting them together, even if they go have some previous "chemistry" together. :p

13. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't want Maicon. He's a brilliant player but he's 29 and would basically force one of Ramos/Pepe/Albiol to ride the bench. No thanks.

14. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Unless..

Maicon-Pepe-Albiol-Kolarov?
    Ramos-Xabi​

P.S, talking out my bummy. ( just for Maca ).

15. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like this idea but still don't know if we would need Silva

Not sure if Masch would leave but he's a strong defensive mid. I kind of want to keep Lass though :eek:

16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Pepe would be more likely to play DM than Ramos, IMO. He has done it for the Portuguese NT.

You're making my point, though. Buying someone like Maicon means displacement of players - either they end up playing out of position (and push others to the bench) or they end up on the bench themselves. That's what unnecessary signings do.

17. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Get me Silva, De Rossi and a left back, and I might raise a smile.

18. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd love it if we got De Rossi, he would be the one player I would hand pick if I was manager of Real! :p

19. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    With Floren in charge, you won't be hand picking anybody manager boy.:p

:D

20. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A good defender can perform until mid 30's in Serie-A,which is a defensive league. I don't understand why someone can't in La Liga.
    That said, I believe its more important to buy a LB that a CB/RB.
    But if this time FP uses his money to buy defenders than those old high Profile Midfielders, I will be with him.

21. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Well, so and so. I think they create and do things attacking which is outstanding, but European defenders will watch them dribble and passing 2,3 times, and then they will get Santos game, especially the attacking players.

They missed a good start in the league. Their last liga game was the most bla bla game I have seen in awhile. They are also a lucky bunch of boys. They get the most ridic. penalties and so on...

to be specific,

Ganso, still a lightwight, hell even tiny Buonanotte never looked that muscle-less on professional soccer stage. Neymar, circus player, someone for the gallery, as long as he does not get the brain to understand what European football is about, he can stay where he is.

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And every scored penalty would be cancelled when they take on the best of Europe, as there'll be a referee who follows the rules and sees right away you're not allowed to take penalties like that.

23. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Sub 17 women-user Fronck R. is said to extend his current contract 'til 2015.

I guess it means that no one was showing enough will to spend 40M € plus X for an injury prone, thick little French, who will never be as good as in 2007.

24. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Fantastic news, everyone, apparently Ribery extended his contract with Bayern Munchen.
    [​IMG]