Players we want NEVER called back again.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DWebbbb, Sep 19, 2003.

1. galperin

galperin Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Maineville, OH
    These guys are currently listed on US Soccer's website as being in the pool. These guys should never wear the red, white, and blue again.

Ryan Suarez
    Chris Armas
    Jovan Kirovski
    Danny Califf
    C.J. Brown
    Richie Williams
    Mike Petke

2. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Dude I feel bad for you. Such ignorance. That was ONE game, ONE play. How can someone who doesn't have very many caps be judged by what happens in that one moment?

The whole thing about Earnie and Goose: They have been with the Nats for a really long time. They're both a hell of a lot better than all of yall are combined. They helped build our Nats into what they are now so you owe them a bit of respect.

3. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok. get a clue man. go back and read my comment. I said nothing rude about either player. I guess if you had actually GONE to my post, rather than checking out Segroves' post, you would have a different opinion. but you didn't, so you don't. bottom line is that IMO, Regis and Agoos are done. If you don't like me saying that, then that is your own problem.

4. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen Brother. That guy is way passed his time!

What about:
    Lalas
    Dooley
    Bruce Murray
    Roy Wegerle
    Wynalda
    Harkes
    Meola
    Chad Deering

These guys just should never see a USA uniform EVER again.

5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL well, those guys are soooooooooooo past their primes that i don't think people even thought to list them!

6. Darknote2

Darknote2 New Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Pasadena
    Re: MMMM.....

I'm a Galaxy fan, and there is no way in H#$% that Memo could pull that off! He couldn't even replace Cienfuegos at that spot. I'm not sure what you're smoking but I don't think I've run across anything that would make me that sick. But how you didn't pick Suarez for your list is beyond me as well. I'm embarassed to say that we let Hendricks go in LA for this guy. He'll never make it.

7. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: MMMM.....

I agree. i really liked what i saw out of Memo at times with the u-17's, but he is not nearly ready to step out there with the full nats in my opinion. the guy hasn't even been able to break into a normal subs rotation with the Galaxy, and the Galaxy are a struggling team at the moment with several injuries. Contrast this to Gaven, who is starting and thriving on his club team, and is actually younger.

8. Darknote2

Darknote2 New Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Pasadena
    Re: Re: Re: MMMM.....

Great point! I think that Memo has the body and the physical size to take that position to the level it needs on the Nat's squad. I just don't hink he's ready at the present. If he's not ready to step out ther in the next 2 years, I don't think he will be able to make a big impression in the middle there.

9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Frank Borghi
    Harry Keough
    Joe Macy
    Eddie McIlvenny
    Charlie Columbo
    Walter Bahr
    Frankie Wallace
    Gino Pariani
    Joe Gaetjens
    John and Ed Souza.

I mean, really. What have any of these guys done for us lately?

10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Bert Patenaude is a major has-been too.

11. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post of the week!

12. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    Don't forget Mike Burns and Gaven Nevillingtonworth.

13. i002492

i002492 New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    It is pretty funny. Frank Wallace and Charlie Columbo are dead, so I'd prefer not to see them again. Joe Gaetjens is presumed dead because of the Hatian regime. Harry Keough produced (along with his wife, I'm sure) Ty Keough. I'm trying to get ahold of Frank Borghi, so I'll ask him if he's "rested and ready." :rolleyes:
    Jeff
    www.baudofamily.com/game.htm

14. aorig

aorig New Member

Jul 29, 2002

15. unitedf1

unitedf1 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Richmond
    I hope they never call up Ty Keogh to the Nats agian!!

Oh wait, I mean I hope ESPN never has him call another national team game.

16. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I miss something or has everyone forgotten John Wolnyeck? (or however you spell his name) I mean, he had threads devoted to him after Denmark and he doesn't even rate a post here?

17. Heist

Heist Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can agree with all but Armas and Kirovski. While I don't like them its unrealistic to think they won't be back with the Nats. I also don't mind someone like Armas on the bench coming in with 20 minutes left when we need to nurse a lead or if we are forced to play for a tie in central america somewhere. I'd rather have someone like Mastroeni (but he's looking better as a defender recently) or Ricardo Clark if he continues to progress. But in light of injuries and players being tired and whatnot Armas will still be in the pool for a while. I just hope he never starts.

18. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree on that John Wolyneik one, and add a couple myself. My number one person we should never see experimented with again would have to be Ben Olsen that guy blows. Frankie Heydude would be my next one and then followed that up with a Chris Albright. Danny Califf yes, I am indifferent on Vanney and Berhalter for now, until they make another mistake in a big game.

19. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Nancy, nothing merits a response in this particular thread.

Unless it's a joke.

20. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

..and Eric Wynalda

21. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Re: MMMM.....

Suarez ain't that bad. I assume you mean Ezra Hendrickson...the guy who has washed out of MLS and is now plying his trade in the A-League? Good riddance.

22. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
  23. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States