Players we want NEVER called back again.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DWebbbb, Sep 19, 2003.

1. DWebbbb

DWebbbb New Member

Jun 7, 2003
    Michigan
    Jovan Kirovski
    Jeff Agoos
    Richard Mulrooney
    Danny Califf
    Earnie Stewart

Wild Card:
    Clint Mathis

2. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
  3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    David Regis, sorry I just had to be first.

4. wingzgirl5

wingzgirl5 New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    chicago
    I can definitely agree with those players but the exception has to be Earnie Stewart. I know that he's getting up there in age but there isn't one guy on that team who doesn't respect him. I think that he'll be essential throughout qualifying. I never want to see Danny Calif again though.

5. benvan

benvan Member

Nov 15, 2000
    San Francisco
    Why Mulrooney?
    Although maybe not the "answer" in any position, has ever really played poorly?, or even below standard?
    I think he adds good depth, and has good versatility, and is still relatively young

6. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    MMMM.....

Well Earnie is getting caught by age but I have a lot of respect for him but I think is time for Memo Gonzalez to step up and cover for Earnie

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    1-FCOL he's not THAT bad

2-agoos has retired so calm down

3-what?!? he's played quite well in his caps - what's your problem with him?

4-poor danny - certainly he's had his misery caps, but i say the guy manages to get a little better each time out

5-i disagree... BUT i think he's down to strictly sub status

6- :rolleyes:

8. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
  9. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Berhalter. He played well during the World Cup, but has cost us a match or two since. Hell, I would take Califf over Berhalter right now.

10. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MMMM.....

That's at least 3-4 years away. Memo just isn't ready for the senior level by any stretch.

11. Kraze

Kraze New Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Orlando
    Didn't Regis recently retire?

12. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, but if he didn't, he needs to. If i ever see him or Jeff Agoos again ................

13. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    kirovski definitely sucks
    stewart is only around cuz hes old
    get real...mathis is a horrible choice for this list. hes over his injury now and playing great.

14. todda74

todda74 New Member

Nov 4, 2001
    Annapolis
    start with the defenders.
    Regis, Berhalter, Vanney. All old and too slow. Regis was never good, Berhalter is consistently beaten and Vanney is just not good enough. I'd rather play without a left back than play with one that is a liability.
    Midfielders. Armas, I would think that we can find a defensive midfielder now that also has offensive capabilities.

Forwards. Kirovski. He's been on the senior team for over a decade and has only had 2 outstanding games in that time. He can't be any higher than 9 or 8 on the depth chart.

15. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahahahahaha. obviously, you don't know me very well then, BUT your comment was still funny!!!

16. flamingantichimp

flamingantichimp New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    Winston-Salem
    Come on.

Jeff Agoos trained many months, helped out his country, and probably played his arse off. Just because he messed up and doesn't deserve to play doesn't mean he should be stoned.

17. Metallifreak

Metallifreak New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Santa Ana, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish Kasey Keller wouldn't be called up but Bruce will call him up to make me angry

18. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    Precisely.
    Gee, what a lovely thread. :rolleyes:

The players listed in this thread have put in countless hours of hard work and practice, including countless hours dreaming of wearing a kit with the US badge; when they wear it, they talk about what an honor it is to represent the US. Then we have fans who are skidmarks in the underwear of life taking these reverent players to task because they're not quite at the level required by said skidmarks.

BigSoccer is about opinions, but not every opinion has to be posted. Then again, decency may not exist anymore.

Have a wonderful day, ingrates.

19. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I know I'll get some raised eyebrows with a couple of these, but...

1. Frankie Hejduk
    2. Steve Cherundolo
    3. Jovan Kirovski
    4. Gregg Berhalther
    5. Sasha Victorine
    6. Chris Albright
    7. Carlos Llamosa
    8. Jeff Agoos
    9. Manny Lagos
    10. Chad Deering

Kevin

20. divingheader

divingheader Member

Nov 10, 2001
    St John, NB, Canada
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally posted by onefineesq:
    "hahahahahahaha. obviously, you don't know me very well then, BUT your comment was still funny!!! "

At over 15 posts per day if a BS veteran doesn't know you very well you must be lonely indeed. You can't be putting time into much else, like say relationships with living breathing people who are not on your computer, TV or radio.

It's great to have opinions, but not so great to have so many shallow rude opinions. Maybe you should try turning off the computer and going to a game, maybe meeting a player or two.

Sorry about the soapbox...

21. divingheader

divingheader Member

Nov 10, 2001
    St John, NB, Canada
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and guys I don't want back... That would be anyone who is actually an American. Regis comes to mind, but I wasn't expecting him back.

Maybe a better thread would be "Who has retired and won't be back for the Nats."
    Apparently Agoos and Regis.
    I think I also heard Llamosa has called it quits.
    Has Sanneh spoken up since his latest injury?
    Isn't Reyna sitting out a couple years?
    Not retired but I bet Howard makes ManU the priority for the next few seasons.

22. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    Uhh, Cherundolo looks like our answer at RB currently, so I don't think that will happen. Other then that, fine, but I agree with the Armas/Mulrooney sentiment. Both are very solid club players who perform crucial roles for their team but I think Mastro gives us more flair there right now then someone who just clogs it up (which is what Armas and Mulrooney commonly look like on the international stage) and that a Ricardo Clark could even add to this dimension. For WC Qualifying I can deal with it, but I'd like to see a more creative option at DM if we are going to stick with the 4-4-2.

23. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHOLMAN2, you rock. I was reading this thread in disbelief then you saved the day. Thanks for the best post of the week.

24. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Uh, you didn't see the Gold Cup game v Brazil I guess. He comes in and his mark was the guy who started the move that lead to their tying goal. He is a solid club guy but is lost out there against international competition.

Armas should not be starting, ever, over Pablo anymore. He could be a solid bench guy but that is it.

25. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    Des Armstrong.